2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

delighted big mick has decided to stay and i do hope others follow

i think we need to keep it in context that he is in a very fortunate position where money is probably not high on his agenda - he's made alot out of the game. other people at the club, who are out of contract may not be in such a fortunate position and money may be higher on their agenda

however, i hope i am wrong and i hope his signing is the catalyst to get others to follow suit

Hammell, Faddy and McManus are all local boys - having a family settled close by is certainly advantageous to us

Very good news.Both him and Hutchinson have been solid no-nonsense players for us this season - I look forward to more last ditch blocks next season. If anything, they've maybe been too similar and we've lacked a bit of pace through the middle at times. With Hutchinson going (I'm hearing stories of him finalising a deal with Rangers) we hopefully combine a bit more pace with McManus's strength.

I know Thistle offered McManus a deal last season with him being a Jags fan but the impression was he didn't fancy a relegation battle. Looks as though he feels he made the right decision.

Brilliant news.

Given how close he, Faddy, Hammy and Las are it bodes well for the rest as I dont think he would be so quick off the mark if the squad was breaking up again.

Now if he could only have a word in Craig Gordons ear.....

Very good news.Both him and Hutchinson have been solid no-nonsense players for us this season - I look forward to more last ditch blocks next season. If anything, they've maybe been too similar and we've lacked a bit of pace through the middle at times. With Hutchinson going (I'm hearing stories of him finalising a deal with Rangers) we hopefully combine a bit more pace with McManus's strength.

I know Thistle offered McManus a deal last season with him being a Jags fan but the impression was he didn't fancy a relegation battle. Looks as though he feels he made the right decision.

McManus isn't a Jags fan - Celtic lad through and through

I also noted from the snippet of the interview that the interviewer said that he'll "absolutely not be the last" to sign a new contract.

To be fair, that's not exactly big news, unless Keith Lasley and Stevie Hammell have both decided to hang up their boots since last week...

As been pointed out already that extra 250k will mitigate some of the cost cutting due to the cup exits and falling attendances and no doubt allow us to keep a few of the players we thought would struggle to hold on to.

Happy with McManus extension and the length, just would like him to exert a bit more of that higher level experience next year.

Unfortunately Craig Gordon is a injury risk, knee cartilage issues. I doubt we could justify anything other than a pay as you play fee but I think his status and pride wouldn't allow that.

We need to start giving serious thought to who replaces Las and Hammell. I know Leitch and Carswell have been blooded and ZFA too, but competition for left back would be good as I reckon Zane doesn't have defensive nonse.

Thought Hollis did OK since he came back, still don't like a keeper who punches opposed to catching it. Hope Lawson starts 2014/15 a changed player from this year, that could be a nice bonus.

Keeper

Centre Half

2 Midfielders

Playmaker

Winger

Are key, if its from our current out of contract mob or on the open market.

With Martinez and our existing links to Everton with the Duke and Ruddy surely we could get a starlet to give exposure to Euro football, no?

With Martinez and our existing links to Everton with the Duke and Ruddy surely we could get a starlet to give exposure to Euro football, no?

I don't know if our 'link' with Martinez is a good one. I don't think he likes us (or Scottish football) very much if I remember correctly.

1399991592[/url]' post='412068']

The link was Kenny Moyes brother of David the then manager, pastures new.