2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

James McFadden...Motherwell "legend"

Apart from his outstanding natural football ability his transfer fee when he left for Everton in 2003/04 was massive for MFC after admin

We got half a mill when they sold him. No?

McCall can sign and keep whoever he fuckin likes i'm 100% behind him no matter what ! Stuart McCalls Well Army !!

There is a lot of truth in that. Mccall gets it right far often than he gets it wrong, which is more than can be said for the majority of managers in any league.

There was a sell on clause involved with the transfer to Everton, just can't remember exactly what the % was.

I'd just like to wish Faddy good luck for the future. My heart is gutted but my head knows it makes sense. At the end of the day the Club as to live within it's means.

There was a sell on clause involved with the transfer to Everton, just can't remember exactly what the % was.

I'd just like to wish Faddy good luck for the future. My heart is gutted but my head knows it makes sense. At the end of the day the Club as to live within it's means.

Think the sell on figure was about 15% Jim.

Don't know that the situation was purely about money, as some sections of the media have suggested. Of course money comes in to it and had Stuart McCall wanted to keep him as a priority I'm sure we would have done so. However probably his injury situation and performances were also important factors.

Was faddy not being paid by a 3rd party? I'm pretty sure whoever was paying his wage had agreed a timescale of maybe a year and faddys fitness has obviously been a part in the guy not wanting to invest longer than that.

I'm sure faddy has an offer as I'm sure he would take a pay cut to continue at motherwell rather than drift away from the game.

Its sad that he's leaving as I'm sure he plays a big part in motivating younger guys on the training ground and in the dressing room.

I think the sell on clause was 12.5%, 15% if he was sold to the Old Firm. We got about 650k if memory serves me rightly. In hindsight, a cracking bit of business all round. MB's post a few posts up sums it up, best of luck to the man! notworthy.gif

That's it in a nutshell... Still... :crying:

He was on trial fairly recently and his brother put in an appearance at Dalziel Park to see him in a bounce match. Meeting friends and ex-colleagues, looking like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders - one description was 'he looked like a broken man' then the story surfaced of his own fans telling him he was shit. :taunt:

Anyways, first in the door, if he's half as good as his brother we're onto something.

If I remember right, McCall is a friend of the 'Law' family, so its no surprise to see Josh Law sign on for us. Not really looked at his career path to date in any detail, or even what position he plays but as stated above, if he has half the success here that his brother had then he'll do for me..............lets hops he has a bit more common sense than Nicky though.

'You're allright, but your brothers a wank'whistling.gif

mccall's obviously ran out of ex bradford players to sign so he's signing their relatives. Look out for leroy daley being handed a two year deal shortly.

The annoying thing is he's still sticking to the same approach even although it isn't working.

Oh no, wait.....

• Like 6

Seen him play 2 or 3 times for Alfreton on BT Sport and kept an eye due to being Nickys brother. Seemed to be a very similar type of player to his brother.

Purely based on those few games he seemed he could play above the conference level. Scored a few goals, dictated play well in midfield and got a man of the match in one of the games.

Sutton

Vigurs - Law - Ainsworth

Lawson - Lasley

Hammell - McManus - Kerr - Ramsden

Neilsen

Obviously we've got options to switch a few of those players around, and hopefully bring in a new goalie (assuming Hollis is away), but that could be extremely fun to watch. Although it would require a move away from 4-4-2, and need someone to play close to Sutton.

Still, interesting to have another creative midfielder on board.

"Josh is alright but, Nicky's a wank" - can hear the song already. laugh1.gif

I heard Scott Allen is now a free agent. Played a few games for Dundee Utd and the media spunked all over him. He moved down south and was utter shite and is now back home with his tail between his legs and is supposed to be an arrogant wee prick.

Worth a punt?

Sutton

Vigurs - Law - Ainsworth

Lawson - Lasley

Hammell - McManus - Kerr - Ramsden

Neilsen

Obviously we've got options to switch a few of those players around, and hopefully bring in a new goalie (assuming Hollis is away), but that could be extremely fun to watch. Although it would require a move away from 4-4-2, and need someone to play close to Sutton.

Still, interesting to have another creative midfielder on board.

"Josh is alright but, Nicky's a wank" - can hear the song already. laugh1.gif

Law straight in for Anier?

LI'm the same when a sign a new player in FM. Always gets a start straight away!

Interesting signing the Law one.

Noting the comments about his position and style of play the immediate thought is that it offers the potential for Vigurs to return to the left hand side of the field, where he played some outstanding stuff in the latter third of the season and may also remove some of the onus on Lasley to push forward.