2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

wonder if it could be a sign that a midfielder is leaving , could see it being lawson

it seems hes right footed (taken from someone saying he can play rb) and in a similar mold to his brother, he may be played the way Nicky was on the left but on the right side.

it seems hes right footed (taken from someone saying he can play rb) and in a similar mold to his brother, he may be played the way Nicky was on the left but on the right side.

Looking at this video it does look like he plays a bit like nicky and is right footed. Can't say for sure that he does as there isn't much in the way of alfreton town highlights.

at about 1 min 17

The keepers had a 'mare for his goal.

Yeah but on a positive note he starts the move in his own half, picks up the ball and moves it on quickly twice before continuing his run into the box to finish the move off.

At times I felt we really missed someone like Nicky Law last season to pick up the ball and drive forward with it from midfield. To pop the ball off quickly and get a return and to try speed up the pace of the attack.

Not saying he's going to be as good as his brother mind but I think we need someone in that mould and if he's half as good he should still do a job.

McCall's had him on trial a few times so he obviously sees something in him. Even if he's gash he's on a one year deal from the Conference so it seems low risk, he'll be fairly cheap and he can at least cover numerous positions.

McCall must think he's worth a punt so good luck to the lad.

So, how long until he has a bad game and starts getting abuse because his brother went to Sevco...

...or because he doesn't put in a player of the season performance like his brother...

Heard a rumour Jim O'Brien might be coming back. Don't even know if he's out of contract, so as to how likely it would be...

That would divide the support. Steelboy would implode.

Me I was sorry to see him go.

Doubt it though, as i would suspect that would mean Ainsworth not signing for us or another midfielder gone after Josh Law signed.

Cant remember off hand, did he play under McCall?

Off the top of my head I think he left while Brown was in charge. Might be wrong though.

Good to see us sign an attacking central midfielder. Welcome on board Josh. My only question is how he will fit in with the existing central midfielders. Encouraging though.

I've never seen him play but from what I've read on the internet Josh Law is a defensive midfielder/defender!

Heard a rumour Jim O'Brien might be coming back. Don't even know if he's out of contract, so as to how likely it would be...

Long as he's not taking any penalties I'd be pleased with that.

Cant remember off hand, did he play under McCall?

Pretty sure he left the summer before McCall came in. 2010 I think and cannae be bothered looking it up. Have a recollection he signed a pre-contract with Barnsley while Broon was in charge and McCall came in late 2010. Am sure someone can correct me.

Tbh I thought he had a good touch and was a decent link up player but he slowed down the attack play (which suited Broon I suspect) and was a lot less direct than Humphrey. He wouldnt have suited what ostensibly became a counter attacking Motherwell team and he rarely got past his marker if he had to take more than two touches before finding a man.

Anyway I quite liked his commitment and he was a tireless Kenny Miller type worker but Im in no great rush to have him back.

As for McFadden. Whatever the reasons are Im truly saddened to see him go. I suspect his hamstring is going to curtail his career options a bit from here on in, but it in no way diminishes what a fantastic player he was. A natural big game player who never hit quite hit the heights his talent deserved. Good luck Faddy and from the bottom of my heart thank you.