2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Had a wee purple patch at the start of the season for the Saints everyone he's played for in Scotland, but since then it got a bit chilly has drifted out the team.

The boy vanishes for months on end. Has good days, but they're so far between, its a pass from me.

I'm perfectly happy for McCall to keep doing as he has been, and finding relative unknowns from down south, giving them a shop window and a shot at a bigger move. We surely must have a decent reputation by now, given what we've done over the years for the likes of Ruddy, Randolph, Jutkiewicz, Coke, Jennings, Ojamaa, Humphrey, Law and so on.

Delighted that Hammy's signed for another two years and as others have said, it's great to see us getting our business done early so we can hopefully have a relatively settled team for our European matches.

I'm surprised Hasselbaink hasn't had more of an impact at St Johnstone.

If they dropped him from 20ft on the centre circle he would have some impact. Tommy Wright would be back and forth to Buildbase for a month filling that fuckin crater.

So who are the players still under contract that we should probably try to move on? I am not sure how that works?

I would assume that the player in question would have to agree to the move, right? So might be pretty difficult to move players on while they are still under contract ?

No new contract for Hollis then , I would imagine , with Gunnar having a yr left on his contract .

Will Twardzik be coming in as no. 1 , or will that be Nielsens shirt to lose. ?

No new contract for Hollis then , I would imagine , with Gunnar having a yr left on his contract .

McCall: “We always had it in mind to bring him in and we are delighted he has chosen to sign for us. He’ll battle it out with the other goalkeepers at the club for that number one shirt.”

But you'd expect him to say that.

McCall: “We always had it in mind to bring him in and we are delighted he has chosen to sign for us. He’ll battle it out with the other goalkeepers at the club for that number one shirt.”

But you'd expect him to say that.

Perhaps of the two McCall would prefer to keep Hollis over Nielsen , as would I , and he's been told he will be 3rd choice next season with little chance of playing and therefore free to look at other options .

Could be one way of trying to edge him out if thats his line of thinking as I very much doubt the playing budget stretches to 3 keepers and an under 20.

Ross Stewart was also out of contract but yeah, not looking good for Hollis right at this moment.

Perhaps of the two McCall would prefer to keep Hollis over Nielsen , as would I , and he's been told he will be 3rd choice next season with little chance of playing and therefore free to look at other options .

Could be one way of trying to edge him out if thats his line of thinking as I very much doubt the playing budget stretches to 3 keepers and an under 20.

Strong possibility. I'd be surprised if McCall ditched a guy that started and finished the season as no.1 but it's a bit of a risk as Nielsen could just do a Bobo and sit tight.

Maybe something is already in the pipeline as regards Nielsen.

Strong possibility. I'd be surprised if McCall ditched a guy that started and finished the season as no.1 but it's a bit of a risk as Nielsen could just do a Bobo and sit tight.

Hmmm, I'd be surprised at that. Neilson has ambitions and came here to be the no 1. I actually feel sorry for the guy that it hasn't quite worked out but I do think if he's now 3rd in the pecking order he'll want to move on and get game time elsewhere.

Hmmm, I'd be surprised at that. Neilson has ambitions and came here to be the no 1. I actually feel sorry for the guy that it hasn't quite worked out but I do think if he's now 3rd in the pecking order he'll want to move on and get game time elsewhere.

he's not likely to get a deal as good anywhere else.

he'd be mental to leave for any less than the remaining value of his contract..

Well chuffed with Twardzik joining. Obviously far from the finish article given his limited first team opportunities at Dundee but he looked confident and composed at the turn of the year. Signing a young talent with plenty of potential fits well with Derek Weir's framework.

Early days but it looks like we are going to be better prepared for Europe this year.