2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Goodwillie was absolutely piss at United earlier in the season. A trawl through England's lower leagues awaits.

Another one in the long line of "neds with talent" that have let their skills go to waste.

Think Goodwillie as a signing has potential.. He couldn't get into a Dundee United team brimming with on-form talented Youngsters! A fit McFadden/Higdon hybrid wont get a game at Tannadice ahead of Nadir Cifcti..

Man U finished mid Table mind, but you wouldnt say no to having Wayne Rooney in your team would you?

I for one hope we pull this off as it would be a strong attacking line up - with a few years to spare unlike previous season where we've had a higher than necessary average age!

Goodwllie, Ainsworth, Anier, Sutton- McHugh, Moore and Erwin off the bench! Would you say no? I wouldn't.

Even if he is a rapey bastard :evilgrin:

Twardzik / Neilson

Reid -Mick-__________-Hammell

Ainsworth-Lasley-Vigurs

Anier - Sutton - Goodwillie

Looks good to me!

Think Goodwillie as a signing has potential.. He couldn't get into a Dundee United team brimming with on-form talented Youngsters! A fit McFadden/Higdon hybrid wont get a game at Tannadice ahead of Nadir Cifcti..

Man U finished mid Table mind, but you wouldnt say no to having Wayne Rooney in your team would you?

I for one hope we pull this off as it would be a strong attacking line up - with a few years to spare unlike previous season where we've had a higher than necessary average age!

Goodwllie, Ainsworth, Anier, Sutton- McHugh, Moore and Erwin off the bench! Would you say no? I wouldn't.

Even if he is a rapey bastard :evilgrin:

Twardzik / Neilson

Reid -Mick-__________-Hammell

Ainsworth-Lasley-Vigurs

Anier - Sutton - Goodwillie

Looks good to me!

I am sure if you win the Euromillions tonite you can make it happen, otherwise not a chance in hell.

If Lasley and Ainsworth re-sign then at best you are looking at one more addition if any. At the moment we still have 3 keepers and an ever declining pot of money to p1ss in..

Scored 6 goals in 11 starts.

3 in one game against a weakened Partick in the cup.

Barely looked like her knew what a football was.

If there is any chance of Sam Stanton leaving Hibs on a free, I hope we make enquiries. He's got a fair bit of talent from what I've seen.

speaking of hibs i could see them making an offer to Las.

they need experience and leadership and he knows butcher well.

3 in one game against a weakened Partick in the cup.

Barely looked like her knew what a football was.

Didn't realise goals only counted when the opposition has it's strongest XI out. By the way that 'weakened' Partick team had one player in it that wasn't getting a game in the league - Marc Kerr.

His league stats for United were 3 goals in 19 games (9 starts 10 as sub) - piss poor, especially with the creative players they have setting him up.

Also this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7N0dlcOFyk

3 goals in 9 starts is piss poor?

If so what was McFadden's 4 goals in 21 starts then?

Didn't realise goals only counted when the opposition has it's strongest XI out. By the way that 'weakened' Partick team had one player in it that wasn't getting a game in the league - Marc Kerr.

I suppose they're too different kinds of players - I'm not sure Faddy would be classed as an out-&-out centre forward, while Goodwillie isn't exactly the creative type.

Would I swap Sutton of last year or Higgy of 2 years back with Goodwillie of the same periods? No chance but Goodwillie from the early days was certainly a talent. As mentioned before, yet another waster of his talent

Lasley and Hammell are exactly the type of players rangers should've been going for at the moment. Quality players even at spl level, out of contract and could've doubled or trebled their wages.

Thankfully never materialised though.

I said 3 goals in 19 appearances, you're the one getting hung up on 'starts'. I'd be hoping that anyone we signed could make an impact from the bench when they weren't in the first 11, which he didn't do for United last season.

McFadden had a poor season. I wouldn't argue that. But he did spend a lot of it playing in midfield or behind Sutton, whereas Goodwillie led the line in every game he played, so it's no really a fair comparison. Faddy at least created a few chances, whereas Goodwillie's link up play was terrible whenever I saw him.

And plays for 10% of his current wage

Any wage he may be offered from us is better than whats he is on now ie feck all..but i really hope we dont sign him he is an arse a billy big boots who got found out big time at Blackburn. Another member for the wasted talent club to join, Riordan, O'Connor, etc