2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

10 youngsters signing pro contracts. Utd certainly do have a great youth setup going on if they can sign so many young players they believe can make the grade. We had 3 or4 at most coming through. Not bad for a club our size and budget.

I am enjoying the fact so many youngsters are starting to come through the ranks and all the mercenaries are being binned.

10 youngsters signing pro contracts. Utd certainly do have a great youth setup going on if they can sign so many young players they believe can make the grade. We had 3 or4 at most coming through. Not bad for a club our size and budget.

United pump somewhere between £700k and £1m per year into their youth set up. They also predate other clubs' youngsters. None of this comes cheap.

Pretty sure Jack will be some player! Saw him play years ago and there were a few remarks about how talented he was. Might turn out to be our Ryan Gauld/Stevie May type player.

i saw him play years ago too, although I thought he was going to be more Didier Deschamps / John Collins / Lothar Matthaüs / Gheorge Hagi type player

• Like 2

I am enjoying the fact so many youngsters are starting to come through the ranks and all the mercenaries are being binned.

Just read the article in the Evening Times about Leitch signing and McCall mentions we currently have 9 "academy products" in the first team squad. That's not too bad.

Just read the article in the Evening Times about Leitch signing and McCall mentions we currently have 9 "academy products" in the first team squad. That's not too bad.

Well just goes to show we are doing extremely well on the youth front. Well chuffed as I thought it would be a few years still before we brought through some gems. However that is great news.

I suspect he's including Hammell and Lasley in that as I can't think of nine. Or he means these nine...

Carswell

Leitch

Moore

Erwin

Angol

Kerr

Cummins

Murray

McHugh

Some of these guys are very much on the fringes, some came to us at U20 level, some left and can!e back. Not as impressive as it sounds though if it helps us attract young talent in the area that the likes of Dundee Utd and Hibs are picking up, then I can overlook the white lie..

One thing I would say is that the signings of Anier, Twarzik, Josh Law and previously Vigurs along with the retaining of Leitch, Carswell and Moore means McCall is bringing the average age of the squad down. Not bad for a guy who many thought had a weakness in the area of working with young players...

• Like 1

I suspect he's including Hammell and Lasley in that as I can't think of nine. Or he means these nine...

Carswell

Leitch

Moore

Erwin

Angol

Kerr

Cummins

Murray

McHugh

Some of these guys are very much on the fringes, some came to us at U20 level, some left and can!e back. Not as impressive as it sounds though if it helps us attract young talent in the area that the likes of Dundee Utd and Hibs are picking up, then I can overlook the white lie..

One thing I would say is that the signings of Anier, Twarzik, Josh Law and previously Vigurs along with the retaining of Leitch, Carswell and Moore means McCall is bringing the average age of the squad down. Not bad for a guy who many thought had a weakness in the area of working with young players...

Angol?

I see Kris Boyd is out of contract at Killie, if we could afford him I'd have him in a heartbeat.

I'm an unashamed Kris Boyd fan. Any striker that scores that many goals can do what he likes as far as I'm concerned.

However we don't need him with Sutton and Anier on the books and his wage demands would probably be at the top end of afford-ability.

That money would be better spent elsewhere I think. If we were going to bring him in last season was the time.

• Like 1

Pleased to see the Leitch deal done, hopefully he develops into playing a pivotal role over the next 2 years.

Can't see Boyd coming here either but he'd be a fantastic addition. Much more than a goalscorer these days and seemingly a good influence off the park.