2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Kieran MacDonald, ex-Motherwell youngster who moved on to Clyde, has been signed by Accies.

Choose any 2 from:

a) We should never have let him go

b) Hope he doesn't come back to haunt us

c) He always scores against us

Does him signing for Accies mean hes good or something?

Nothing to do with giving people fear. Everything about us not effectively developing our youth players.

If that was true, then at least one of them would have gone on to a higher (or even equal level) to us after we released them.

I don't remember that ever happening - which was kinda my original point.

• Like 3

As far as I remember it was Alan Martin who chose to leave us rather than us releasing him. He was highly rated and a regular in the Scotland under 19's at the time he decided to leave us for Leeds.

As far as I remember it was Alan Martin who chose to leave us rather than us releasing him. He was highly rated and a regular in the Scotland under 19's at the time he decided to leave us for Leeds.

You remember correctly.

If that was true, then at least one of them would have gone on to a higher (or even equal level) to us after we released them.

I don't remember that ever happening - which was kinda my original point.

How do you work that out?

If that were true the whole idea of developing youth would be redundant because the best players will make it anyway.

Are you trying to tell me if Jamie Murphy had been released at 16 or 17 he would have been guaranteed to make it in football? I disagree completely, there is every chance he would be out the game or playing at a much lower level.

By the way Jamie Murphy was the last youth player we sold and he came into our first team 8 years ago so I'll make my original point again.

We do not effectively develop our youth players.

Produce players of a quality that attract interest from buying clubs.

it would be great if we could do that, but we cant force clubs to buy our players. We cant offer bigger and longer term contracts like Hibs and United do - we simply do not have the money.

Darren Randolph was one of the best players to play with us in recent years and not once did someone offer us £££ for him. Ojamma and Murphy went for peanuts in comparison to what they were actually worth. Is that a develpoment issue? or is that a business problem? maybe we dont big them up enough like other clubs or the media do - but again, thats not a development issue.

This season, we have the chance to see how Leitch, Carswell, Moore and Erwin all fair - other than that, we have been very successful on the park the last few seasons with the model being used by McCall - should we really change that? Are Erwin or Moore really going to knock Sutty out the team? I dont think so

Erwin could score 30 this season and we'll get nothing for him.

we do fine at developing players, dont have the funds for coaching to that next level so they move on

the problem is we dont have funds to put them on deals that would allow us the sale prices we think they are worth