2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

ainsworth isn't going to sign and the club have already sounded out Chris Burke to replace him

Talking pish!

Birmingham manager said the other day that they offered him a new contract but a host of championship clubs wanted him. If thats true, and why would the Birmingham manager make it up, then would he really have any interest in the 'well??

Just back from mobile and laptop free hols (bliss). Trying to catch up with all the goings on.

No confirmation re Cummins being released, I remember he had tweeted messages suggesting he was off ?

Anyone know if Murray is off as well, don't see anything saying he's re-signed like Moore and Leitch (good work Flow BTW)?

Hollis still here ?

Cheers guys.

Heard similar re Burke, believe he fancies moving closer to home due to personal reasons and he is a Shettleston boy so can't get much closer tbh. Would make sense!

Surely not tho as is still classed as a good Championship player.

Edit to add. Noah hee haw mentioned re Cummins, Murray or Hollis

Burke would be an amazing signing. Surely no.

Interesting possibility. If there are guys who for whatever reason want to be based in central Scotland, historically they'd be looking at the big Glasgow or Edinburgh teams. Stating the obvious, but 3 of the 4 are out of the top league next season. So if (again for whatever reason) Celtic isn't an option... all of a sudden we become quite attractive, assuming dough isn't the be-all-and-end-all for some players, and factoring in the fact that Motherwell has a good reputation as somewhere where people enjoy going to work. Maybe we have a one-season window of opportunity to go for some apparently ambitious signings?

Ohwullie has hit the near on the head - this is one of the reasons I believe Chris Burke may be tempted by our great club

It's not about money, it's not about the league, it's about enjoying being close to where he's from and still doing what he loves most

Chris Burke may or may not be signing for us but I have learned it's a highly likely and let's be honest this one year deal may be his ticket back 'home' to other side of Glasgow when their back in SPL

And yes Pearson was a possible target but he's no winger and we signed out last midfielder in Law....mc call knows he needs that player with pace and directness to continue being a thresh we have been over the years - if ainsworth ain't coming to stay then I beirve Pearson wasn't right person to fill void - but who knows it maybe back on but I worry Pearson is not right fit for us