2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Am I fuck reading all that.

Edit - I got a paragraph down.

"If I said I'd love for us to leave Fir Park and move to a new stadium in Ravenscraig, I wouldn't expect to be hit with, "justify your anti Fir Park stance", "why would we want to move from FP, we already have a stadium there". I accept that, all I said was I'd like to see it and who knows, maybe things would turn out better in the long run."

You would expect to be hit with those kind of comments. You've put your view forward, it would be interesting to know why you wanted to move, and it sparks discussion with those who either disagree with moving, or those with other reasons to move.

Otherwise you just have a thread with:

"Statement"

"ok" x100.

• Like 1

I still reckon this Steelmenonline Chris Burke rumour is complete shite. Would like it to be true though

Same here, would love it to be true but it's got to be bollocks. No way would he knock back a wage at least 4 times what we can offer and the chance to play in front of crowds 3 and 4 times ours for the sake of moving somewhere that only takes a couple of hours to get to on the train.

Lee Clarke reckons it's to get a bigger contract elsewhere....

"Chris Burke will probably go down the same route. We've made him our best offer, but I'd imagine every other club in the Championship is in for him."

"Chris is 29," added Clark. " It's his last chance to get a really big contract for him and his family and he deserves it as he's been brilliant."

Aye, Burke is at the stage of his career where he should be looking for a big pay day. Given the interest from other clubs down south in recent transfer windows, I doubt we could offer anything close.

Thank feck he was innocent then . Don't know if I could bring myself to cheer him on enthusiastically even in a Well strip Although he was always a thorn in our side and a good striker when he played against us he comes across as not a very nice fellow but may be his dramatic loss of form has squared him up , the jurys out on that one

Surprised if Goodwillie ends up in the SPFL to be honest, more money down south & feel there is a big move for him yet, unless he is home sick & wants to be up here nearer his family.

He's done nothing really for two seasons. His next move will have to be the right one or he could end up like Derek Riordan...

Not sure Goodwillie will have any profile in England now. The evidence that he is a diamond in the rough type prospect is pretty limited. He was massively overhyped in Scotland due to a few decent months and a goal at Ibrox. Suddenly he was Scotland's future and a multimillion pound prospect, but was still often an understudy to Jamie Murphy at Scotland under21 level.

You have to ask why he failed in a second spell at his hometown club - the same media that hyped him up describe it as a 'loss of confidence' but it looks very like having been found out.

You have to ask why he failed in a second spell at his hometown club - the same media that hyped him up describe it as a 'loss of confidence' but it looks very like having been found out.

He's from the Raploch, tbf.

I'd heard some chat that it was the directors that wanted him back, more than McNamara, but I've no idea if there was any truth in that.

He's from the Raploch, tbf.

I'd heard some chat that it was the directors that wanted him back, more than McNamara, but I've no idea if there was any truth in that.

Not sure about who wanted him but he was punted due to his billy big time attitude,apparently Thompson was far from impressed and McNamara didnt play him due to it