2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

No I didnt - he was with his mrs so dont like to intrude. Could have been having one before the cinema perhaps. Dont get me wrong he wasnt pished or anything and It was just after I finished work (I also dont really frequent it)

Edit - it was the Ross County home game in March. Only know this as I still have the text I sent my mate about it.

Cheers for that.

Hopefully for him he's no back at the club coz you've probably cost him a fine, lol.

Nae pics of his Mrs? Poor show.whistling.gif

As a club we're not really in a position to wait and see what one we get.

mmmmm - we cant afford proven players so we need to take gambles, and thnakfully most of McCalls have paid off - 2 of our best strikers in recent years have been gambles from the scrap heap - Ojamma and McDonald

I'd be surprised if we landed Shiels given that he is at that stage of his career where he will want (another) nice payday.

A nice pay day - that could be his pay off from Rangers. He isnt going to get another 'big' club after his performances for Rangers and for Doncaster when he was down south. Players have proven in the past - come to us, you put the effort in, you will get the game time

He had a lot of promise and I thought he would be a international player but he followed the increase in wages, ..................I want guys who we can sell on, can show some ambition to get to a better level than the SPL and get the club a few quid in return for the exposure.

he has 14 international caps, and whilst it would be great to have 11 players we can sell on - it doesnt work like that - we need a mixture of young and old, just like we need a mixture of graft and flair

in his time for Rangers, according to wiki he has 15goals in 39 games many of which im guessing he will have been a sub - not bad return in my eyes

Think Watt could be a belter of a signing as much as I hate getting players on loan

one of the main reasons Motherwell have done so well over the last few years in the morale and harmony in the dressing room, the will to fight to the end and fight for each other - have you read any of the reports while he was in Belgium?

he has 14 international caps, and whilst it would be great to have 11 players we can sell on - it doesnt work like that - we need a mixture of young and old, just like we need a mixture of graft and flair

in his time for Rangers, according to wiki he has 15goals in 39 games many of which im guessing he will have been a sub - not bad return in my eyes

I would expect nothing less from an International player against part time guys, so his goal tally doesn't really impress me that much. Its how he does it against SPL players that I am interested in. The fact he showed an extreme lack of ambition by going so far down in the leagues to play with a brand new club in the bottom division doesn't impress me and tells me all I need to know, god help us if we had to rely on him when the going got tough he would be flogging himself off asap to whatever team could pay his wages.

It is rumored he wants £200k as a pay off to leave Rangers so his only ambition in life is cash, not to fight for the club he is with at whatever point in his career or even improve himself as a player. I know this is pretty naive for a modern player to actually want to play for the jersey but if I put my hard earned into the club I want to know that at least some of the guys on the pitch are trying to improve themselves, working hard to get the club high in the league and playing well to do it.

We each have players we would fancy in a well strip and some we don't, he, is a definite no for me for the reasons I have already mentioned.

Anyway, he hasn't signed and his name is just one of many in the usual pre season rumour mill.

I would expect nothing less from an International player against part time guys, so his goal tally doesn't really impress me that much. Its how he does it against SPL players that I am interested in. The fact he showed an extreme lack of ambition by going so far down in the leagues to play with a brand new club in the bottom division doesn't impress me and tells me all I need to know, god help us if we had to rely on him when the going got tough he would be flogging himself off asap to whatever team could pay his wages.

Anyway, he hasn't signed and his name is just one of many in the usual pre season rumour mill.

unfortunately money makes the world go round - if you were due/owed £200k, would you want it? I know I would. And I also know that is some smaller company came to me offering me more money to do the same job, i would be off. This isnt Wayne Rooney or another elitist we are talking about here, we are talking about a guy who has spent most of his playing days in Scotland - not earning a fortune in footballing terms

And while I understand your thought process about not setting the heather on fire when playing against part time opposition, the same could be said about alot of those players who were proven SPL players - and I wouldn't be refusing Cammy Bell, Nicky Law etc coming to the Ark

You say how he does against SPL players is what interests you - well he got a move to Doncaster on the back of a good few years at HIbs, and when at Killie he was nominated for Player of the Year by his peers - surely that is enough to say he has "something"???

I just dont think we can be too choosy - i certainly dont think we should break the bank for him, but at the same time, i do think he is the type of creative player we should be looking for as a replacement

unfortunately money makes the world go round - if you were due/owed £200k, would you want it? I know I would. And I also know that is some smaller company came to me offering me more money to do the same job, i would be off. This isnt Wayne Rooney or another elitist we are talking about here, we are talking about a guy who has spent most of his playing days in Scotland - not earning a fortune in footballing terms

And while I understand your thought process about not setting the heather on fire when playing against part time opposition, the same could be said about alot of those players who were proven SPL players - and I wouldn't be refusing Cammy Bell, Nicky Law etc coming to the Ark

You say how he does against SPL players is what interests you - well he got a move to Doncaster on the back of a good few years at HIbs, and when at Killie he was nominated for Player of the Year by his peers - surely that is enough to say he has "something"???

I just dont think we can be too choosy - i certainly dont think we should break the bank for him, but at the same time, i do think he is the type of creative player we should be looking for as a replacement

I see that differently if anything he struggled to maintain any consistency in the Hibs team. He had 5 years at the club and only made 79 league appearances, 38 of those as a sub not counting any Cup or Euro games, a 'good few years'?, a very poor return in my opinion.

3 years at Doncaster, 46 appearances in the League, 37 of those from the bench..!!. Shows his limitations against half decent players down south when he hardly got a game in 3 years. He was going nowhere football wise and was rescued by his father.

His best spell arguably would be playing for his father at Kilmarnock where at least he had 33 appearances from the start and only 2 sub appearances which coincided with his best spell of form in the SPL. So for me apart from a decent season at Killie he hasn't set the heather alight.

Funny how we can look at a player so differently, you are right in that we can't be choosy but that is down only to cost and as such I would prefer someone else.

would do the job though if we couldn't though... Anier's and Ojamaa's don't fall off tree's

Think Watt could be a belter of a signing as much as I hate getting players on loan

Would be good for us but I think he'll either return to the Parkhead squad or staying on loan in Belgium. Despite being called a lazy c*nt by the Lierse manager it looks like he's also impressed a few other teams over there so might even get a permanent deal. Really can't see a loan move to a Scottish team being on the cards.

SNSPix has pictures from our first day of pre season training. Most intriguing is one of Marsh with the goalies, Dan, Ross Stewart, Max Currie and Brett Long. No Hollis or Neilsen.

And Twardzik wearing Gunnar's number from last season. Does that mean Gunnar id our number 1 now?? dry.gif

Looking at his career, assuming he's someone that Neil Warnock recommended.

Only concern with going down the loans from England route is that I seem to recall previous seasons managers saying that loans from England tended to arrive later, when clubs down south have finalised their squads. We probably need someone in before the European games...

A lot of faith in Erwin then? No disrespect to the Welsh, but I'd maybe see us beating them. But not sure where the goals would come from. Ainsworth? Vigurs? Maybe but we'd still need a striker to occupy the central defence and create space for Vigurs and Ainsworth...