2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Pure speculation from both of us, but I found his contribution underwhleming last season and not worth his top earner status. If we had paid someone else less money that could have played 30 games, I think we would still have finished second.

Two seasons ago, he was definitely worth it.

Pretty much agree with that. I understand the decision to leave was mutual. If Faddy has got that much left in him he won't be signing for Partick.

Think the problem with Faddy is the fans here already loved him.. Moving to a team like Partick is ideal.. they're not one of our rivals and not only does it give him a bit of freshness it gives him the challenge of trying to win over a new set of supporters. A new challenge.

All the best to Faddy wherever he goes though... think for us he was too much of a sentimental signing.

Although his limited playing time restricted his contribution, I think Ainsworh and Vigurs had a far bigger impact in the games in which they played with Faddy and I think he linked particularly well with those two. Agree, entirely with previous remarks about how he tracked back and tried to contribute defensively. I, also, think he'd be an asset in European games.

Ironically if Ojamaa did come back it would have benefited McFadden more than last years set up as Ojamaa plays wider and can make space for someone like Faddy.

Unfortunately I doubt that Ojamaa would even be in the conversation (assuming he is at the moment, of course) if we'd given Faddy a new contract.

I know who I'd rather have if it were a choice between both of them.

One thing is clear, I don't think he'd behave like Higginbottom if he scored against us ......

Because he had been with us long enough to know how many sensitive wee petals we have in the East Stand?

Football would be pretty boring if you had to censor your goal celebrations against any club you had a connection with.

Because he had been with us long enough to know how many sensitive wee petals we have in the East Stand?

Football would be pretty boring if you had to censor your goal celebrations against any club you had a connection with.

Not simply about censoring your celebration, more about not feeling compelled to do the "get it right up you". There is a middle ground. Like you, I find the not celebrating against a former side a bit silly (Jim Hamilton would never have celebrated a goal), but Higginbotham seemed more concerned with our support than the Thistle fans...

Not simply about censoring your celebration, more about not feeling compelled to do the "get it right up you". There is a middle ground. Like you, I find the not celebrating against a former side a bit silly (Jim Hamilton would never have celebrated a goal), but Higginbotham seemed more concerned with our support than the Thistle fans...

To be fair, some of our fans seemed to be more concerned with dishing out abuse to a player who played with us on loan briefly and was never offered the chance to stay than with the game. If I was in his position I would have did exactly the same. For what it's worth I reckon Higginbotham could definitely improve the squad we have at the moment simply by offering a bit of width and creativity but that's just my opinion.

I seriously doubt that the club would have been banking on any extra European money to make signings, they would likely have considered any extra cash as a bonus, so it's onwards as planned I'd guess.

Nonsense. Are you telling me that the club wouldn't have banked on us beating a Welsh or Icelandic part-time outfit over 2 legs?

McCall has fucked us over well and truly with his diabolical tactics.

There's only 1 place to point the finger at if we don't make any more signings and that's at the management team.

Nonsense. Are you telling me that the club wouldn't have banked on us beating a Welsh or Icelandic part-time outfit over 2 legs?

Aye, that's exactly what I'm telling you. There's no chance the club "banked" on us winning. They may have thought about what they could do with the extra money if we did win, but there's no way they banked on a win.

Plans will have been made under the assumption that the winners purse wouldn't be arriving. I think that's pretty much how every club goes about their business.

Aye, that's exactly what I'm telling you. There's no chance the club "banked" on us winning. They may have thought about what they could do with the extra money if we did win, but there's no way they banked on a win.

Plans will have been made under the assumption that the winners purse wouldn't be arriving. I think that's pretty much how every club goes about their business.

If that's true, then that just sums up everything that's wrong with Motherwell FC at the moment.

A club that in previous seasons have budgeted for Top 6 finishes and cup quarter-final appearences, all of a sudden feel a bit shaky about a part-time outfit, over 180 minutes of football?

If that's true, then that just sums up everything that's wrong with Motherwell FC at the moment.

A club that in previous seasons have budgeted for Top 6 finishes and cup quarter-final appearences, all of a sudden feel a bit shaky about a part-time outfit, over 180 minutes of football?

That's just good business in my book. I'm thinking they've probably budgeted before we knew who we were playing in the qualifiers, so any money earned in Europe would have been a bonus.

McCall was talking about bringing in players on loan a few weeks ago. I doubt that will have changed given that his budget is the same this year and we have already cut a couple of high earners.

However, assuming our loanees are from down south, we need to wait until the English clubs have finalised their squads.

McCall has fucked us over well and truly with his diabolical tactics.

There's only 1 place to point the finger at if we don't make any more signings and that's at the management team.

We have the same playing budget as last year and Faddy and Hutch (both higher earners I presume) have moved on. Why won't we be making any more signings?

And if we do, do we get to point the finger at people on here jumping to conclusions?

• Like 1

That's just good business in my book. I'm thinking they've probably budgeted before we knew who we were playing in the qualifiers, so any money earned in Europe would have been a bonus.

You are missing the point. Our bullish budgeting in recent years has led us to the verge of shit creek. But all of a sudden a win against a pub team will be treated as a wee bonus?

You are missing the point. Our bullish budgeting in recent years has led us to the verge of shit creek. But all of a sudden a win against a pub team will be treated as a wee bonus?

And you've missed my point. I'm simply saying that no football club worth its salt will plan their finances on the basis that they will reach a certain level of European football, especially when that club is operating with the playing staff we have, who notoriously blow hot & cold.

If our directors went into this tie thinking "aye, we'll get through no bother. How much are we making in the next round? stick that on the accounts already" then they're fucking mental.