2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

And you've missed my point. I'm simply saying that no football club worth its salt will plan their finances on the basis that they will reach a certain level of European football, especially when that club is operating with the playing staff we have, who notoriously blow hot & cold.

If our directors went into this tie thinking "aye, we'll get through no bother. How much are we making in the next round? stick that on the accounts already" then they're fucking mental.

Well that's effectively what we were doing under Dempsters tenure.

• Like 1

I think we need a goalie and a centre half, having previously played football on the opposing side from lee Erwin, and having to mark him, I can say he would fill the void left by anier easily. However after getting beaten by that mob I think we should prioritise a keeper and a younger centre back, similar to hutchy, strong, fast and tall.

We have got our squad now .IF we had progressed in Eurpoe another round or even group we could have increased the squad but a shit result has put paid to that .In the cold light of day Europe money was always going to be bonus money ,very welcome additional funds but not essential , that's gone now so get back to reality and get on with the rest of the season . That's what makes football ...even wee teams can win sometimes

Can anyone see us bringing anyone in before deadline day?

I think our best chance of adding to the squad based on that result is picking up a free agent or two in the days after the dust settles and Jim White can get a kip.

Can only see us pick someone up who's at a lose end and looking for a gig.

Don't know if its a club policy of late not to bring in Loanee's but we haven't had any since Juke/Ruddy unless someone wants to correct.

I think our best chance of adding to the squad based on that result is picking up a free agent or two in the days after the dust settles and Jim White can get a kip.

Can only see us pick someone up who's at a lose end and looking for a gig.

Don't know if its a club policy of late not to bring in Loanee's but we haven't had any since Juke/Ruddy unless someone wants to correct.

Seriously? Gunning, Jones, Kerr, Anier, Ainsworth and Twardzik have all came in off the top of my head.

I think we will bring in 1 more player.

We need 3 for the squad to stay at an even level of competitivness so it's going to be a season of taking steps backwards. Hopefully not too many though.

he wasn't let go for financial reasons.

Partly true we were taking a punt on him financially and if he had performed to the best of the abillity we know he has it would have been worth it.

But as he was at best average last season he became a luxury we could not afford..

you can only live on your name and reputation for so long, but eventually you have to deliver and the bottom line is he did not, so no value for money, no deal.

Partly true we were taking a punt on him financially and if he had performed to the best of the abillity we know he has it would have been worth it.

But as he was at best average last season he became a luxury we could not afford..

you can only live on your name and reputation for so long, but eventually you have to deliver and the bottom line is he did not, so no value for money, no deal.

The fact the manager played him out of position constantly might be a reason he didn't perform. Have

no doubt that if everyone at Fir Park had the same desire for the Well that Faddy has we would still

be in Europe.

Apparently in the paper this morning that we're after Mark O'Brien, a defender from Derby, on loan. Don't know much about him other than he's young, has a few U21 caps for Rep Ireland and he has had a few injury problems in the past...

Seems a talented well respected lad but his injury problems have been horrific sorry to say. A risk.