2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

We can't live in the past and however much we love Faddy it was time for him to move on. In the cold light of day his contribution to the team wasn't enough for him to be retained. That is sad but true.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I think you'll see soon enough that McFadden's contribution last season was severely underrated.

• Like 1

Zane has made 55 first team appearances, so someone must think he is good enough to "challenge" for a place there.

i think he could be a good player for us this year. For me he is the only player to sldie into that wide left position. i think it's been mentioned on here about mcCall trying to get the best 11 players on the park at the same time even if they don't fit.

i think he has to bite the bullet and get the right players in the right positions. if he does that, then, for me Angol is the wide left player. Kerr should never go on the wide right. I would think for most of the season Ainsworth is starting in the wide right position. That leaves Las, Vigurs, Leitch, Carswell competing for the 2 middle spots and starting places should be based on form and not reputation. Having said that I think i could see Leitch or Carswell subbing on for Ainsworth at wide right.

I would say also that based on our fitness level perhaps Las, Vigurs, Leitch, Carswell have to "share" game time in order to mainntain intesity in the middle of the park throughout the whole game or at least for way longer than we are currently doing.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I think you'll see soon enough that McFadden's contribution last season was severely underrated.

unfortunately i 100% agree with this. whilst he may not have inspired us with flashes of brilliance, his presence alone was enough to make teams think / change how they lined up against us.

and whilst i hope Law comes in and is a success, i think we need to drop the comparison or the fact he is the faddy replacement - i think that incredibly unfair on him

I really really dont think so - my opinion. I would say he was effective in about 10 games last season. Law will be at least as effective.

No murmurs at all, but since the club media are in lockdown, not surprising.

I'd tend to agree that it'll be later next week or beyond when we see movement, purely on speculation that we need loans from English clubs that have yet to decide who is available

not sure about the negative , as any other' may step in and contribute.

McFaddens contribution is clearly underrated by some

Ojamma, Anier and others highly praised, for similar contributions, yet James was a failure according to them.

sure he was injured, pre-season, in a very open interview explained he basically lied to himself about the extent of that, but when he recovered, he was a great asset when used.

and since, we are shit? and only team spirit got us second place, I dont see how anyone can readily write off his obvious contribution to that.

I dont know the financials surrounding it, I know McCall didnt value him, I dont feel the need to write him off, I would take him back into the squad immediately given the option, I'd sit him down to watch videos of Cooper, over and over again, he has the same skills, but Coop knew that he didnt need to do the running, as thats what, Boyd and O'Donnell etc were for. Faddy wasted his good by trying to do even more, that we all could see the running might not have been what it was.

i think he could be a good player for us this year. For me he is the only player to sldie into that wide left position. i think it's been mentioned on here about mcCall trying to get the best 11 players on the park at the same time even if they don't fit.

i think he has to bite the bullet and get the right players in the right positions. if he does that, then, for me Angol is the wide left player. Kerr should never go on the wide right. I would think for most of the season Ainsworth is starting in the wide right position. That leaves Las, Vigurs, Leitch, Carswell competing for the 2 middle spots and starting places should be based on form and not reputation. Having said that I think i could see Leitch or Carswell subbing on for Ainsworth at wide right.

I would say also that based on our fitness level perhaps Las, Vigurs, Leitch, Carswell have to "share" game time in order to mainntain intesity in the middle of the park throughout the whole game or at least for way longer than we are currently doing.

So you want to play players in their best positions by getting Vigurs, a left midfielder, to compete for a central spot?

i think he has to bite the bullet and get the right players in the right positions. if he does that, then, for me Angol is the wide left player

when angol plays he has a hidden magnet that attracts him to hammell, as a wide left player, he needs to take a man on, he needs to take a few risks and do the basics - if he can do that, then we have a player - but he does it no where near enough. he has the pace, he has the strength - he just doesnt use it

get the ball, take the man on, and smash it across the box..............go on, give it a try

when angol plays he has a hidden magnet that attracts him to hammell, as a wide left player, he needs to take a man on, he needs to take a few risks and do the basics - if he can do that, then we have a player - but he does it no where near enough. he has the pace, he has the strength - he just doesnt use it

get the ball, take the man on, and smash it across the box..............go on, give it a try

All fair points ! He needs the right encouragment and instructions from McCall and Black to go do it. I think if Angol can reach his potential and Ainsworth can remain interested long enough we will get plenty balls into the box and Sutton showed last season he can score goals. So while I think it would be great to get some addtions to the squad we can do way better with what we alredy have so I it's not all doom and gloom.

Give the boy Law a chance, I think he has shown up quite well so far. Even tho it was Faddy you can't have someone on the wage bill just for their influence.the fact Stuart does or doesn't know Law's old man is immaterial, if he's good he's good, if not it's not been a good move

:dontknow: Think you've taken my point out of context. It was nothing to do with not giving the boy Law a chance & I certainly never mentioned having someone on the wage bill for their influence...

Not at all. Faddy's been a great player for us in the past and been a real ambassador for the club. Most folk would not dispute that. Last season however he only played well in flashes. He played in 27 league games and completed only 5 full 90 minutes. Of those 27 games 6 were for less than 45 minutes. He scored 4 league goals and 1 cup goal (in the CIS Cup). His measurable contribution then was limited and inconsistent. He left by mutual consent and that was the right decision. Would he have been fitter this season - I doubt it.

What of his influence on those around him? How do we know? Certainly in a handful of games he made others play well for spells. But, we don't really know.

Josh Law - you are being unfair on the lad. I'm basing my judgement on very limited game time admittedly but what I have seen of him I was impressed. He also looks fit enough to be able to play a full 90 minutes week in week out.

We can't live in the past and however much we love Faddy it was time for him to move on. In the cold light of day his contribution to the team wasn't enough for him to be retained. That is sad but true.

And another... Firstly, where am I being unfair on the lad? Agreed, if our manager knows his father, it's immaterial. Doesn't hide the fact he played right back for a non league outfit and you have him as a gain in the replacement of our James.

Easily impressed? I've been fortunate enough to have seen the player in around 6 game situations & training drills and yet to see that he looks fit enough to be able to play a full 90 minutes week in week out. Seen characteristics to his game that may well be a family trait, so in hope more than expectation, feel we may have ourselves a gem that has arrived relatively low risk.

Secondly, our James, we don't really know of his influence? Players and other members of the staff must all be peddling similar untruths then? As others also mentioned, McFaddens' contribution is clearly discounted by some and I believe we've already seen his contribution last season was severely underrated.

Nobody was attempting to live in the past, nor were they advocating retaining him for influence alone. Sad, but, true.

Courtesy of The Sun today...quotes from Kenny Black basically saying:

They will make a decison on wether we sign Darren Barr before we kick off on Saturday. Went on to say he is an experienced player.

Loan deal for Mark O'Brien now very unlikely due to him being injured and they haven't even had the chance to see him play yet.

Firstly, where am I being unfair on the lad? Doesn't hide the fact he played right back for a non league outfit and you have him as a gain in the replacement of our James.

I did not take that into account at all. I based my view on the lad's admittedly limited contribution so far. It doesn't matter what club he played for in the past its what he did whilst there and more importantly what he does at Fir Park. I believe he was also their player of the year. Yes he did play right back but he also played midfield. Did you know that Faddy made his debut at Fir Park at left back? John Sutton has also played a fair number of games in defence but that doesn't stop us playing him as a striker. Did Hull City take into account the fact that Andrew Robertson played for an amateur team a wee while ago when they signed him?

As far as Faddy is concerned the club could not allow sentiment to cloud its judgement. That seems very hard and ruthless but its how football works. Irrespective of how well he played last term, when he did play his actual game time was limited. In the time he did spend on the pitch, I thought his contribution was inconsistent. Yes there were flashes of the old Faddy but these were few and far between. The days of clubs like Partick and St Johnstone going into a blind panic when he appeared were gone. Much of the time he failed to make an impression. To be fair to him he recognised that and that is one of the reasons he wanted to leave I believe. The club also took the same view.

If the club was to re-sign him, and given our limited squad, it would have wanted to ensure that he could play as many 90 minutes as possible. If he could not do that then it would have wanted to ensure that his contribution during part games was exceptional ie as a high impact player. That clearly was not the case. As I said both the club and Faddy himself decided the time was right for him to move on.

I did not take that into account at all. I based my view on the lad's admittedly limited contribution so far. It doesn't matter what club he played for in the past its what he did whilst there and more importantly what he does at Fir Park. I believe he was also their player of the year. Yes he did play right back but he also played midfield. Did you know that Faddy made his debut at Fir Park at left back? John Sutton has also played a fair number of games in defence but that doesn't stop us playing him as a striker. Did Hull City take into account the fact that Andrew Robertson played for an amateur team a wee while ago when they signed him?

As far as Faddy is concerned the club could not allow sentiment to cloud its judgement. That seems very hard and ruthless but its how football works. Irrespective of how well he played last term, when he did play his actual game time was limited. In the time he did spend on the pitch, I thought his contribution was inconsistent. Yes there were flashes of the old Faddy but these were few and far between. The days of clubs like Partick and St Johnstone going into a blind panic when he appeared were gone. Much of the time he failed to make an impression. To be fair to him he recognised that and that is one of the reasons he wanted to leave I believe. The club also took the same view.

If the club was to re-sign him, and given our limited squad, it would have wanted to ensure that he could play as many 90 minutes as possible. If he could not do that then it would have wanted to ensure that his contribution during part games was exceptional ie as a high impact player. That clearly was not the case. As I said both the club and Faddy himself decided the time was right for him to move on.

Deary me, your use of analogy is absolute cod-shit. I suppose it makes a change from you getting skelfs sitting on the fence as with most subjects.

'It doesn't matter what club he played for in the past its what he did whilst there and more importantly what he does at Fir Park' another quip that joins the many others used on occasion on this board. Yes, I mentioned the obscurity of non-league football, but, failing to see how Hull City when purchasing the Scottish International full-back, tried and tested at the top level available to him can be used to describe our signing and his use in an another role with an admittedly limited contribution so far. I've not seen evidence of his player of the year status/figment of imagination and when asked, he's split the opinion of those who have seen him. But, hey, we'll shoehorn him into playing off a lone striker...

As I am with Faddy's debut, I'm well aware the club could not allow sentiment to cloud its judgement. As you said both the club and Faddy himself decided the time was right for him to move on - a move, all be it reluctantly, I supported. And if you READ my original reply and not just LOOKED at the words you would have seen I never advocated at any point in having him offered a new deal.

Deary me, your use of analogy is absolute cod-shit. I suppose it makes a change from you getting skelfs sitting on the fence as with most subjects.

'It doesn't matter what club he played for in the past its what he did whilst there and more importantly what he does at Fir Park' another quip that joins the many others used on occasion on this board. Yes, I mentioned the obscurity of non-league football, but, failing to see how Hull City when purchasing the Scottish International full-back, tried and tested at the top level available to him can be used to describe our signing and his use in an another role with an admittedly limited contribution so far. I've not seen evidence of his player of the year status/figment of imagination and when asked, he's split the opinion of those who have seen him. But, hey, we'll shoehorn him into playing off a lone striker...

As I am with Faddy's debut, I'm well aware the club could not allow sentiment to cloud its judgement. As you said both the club and Faddy himself decided the time was right for him to move on - a move, all be it reluctantly, I supported. And if you READ my original reply and not just LOOKED at the words you would have seen I never advocated at any point in having him offered a new deal.

Handbags, gents, yer tights are showing.

It is easy to see fans frustrations spilling over to the messageboardevilgrin.gif

The sooner the season starts the better - then the real moaning and bitching can commence in earnest.

The sooner we get a couple of players in the better. If it is going to be Barr - then lets get behind the lad and hope he is a good addition to the squad. Someone that can at least not set the fans into a blind panic every time the opposition get a corner!

A pacy striker/creative player in the mould of OJamma would be just fine. A pipe dream that he would come back, but is what we need or maybe someone else with a better goalscoring threat,

Anyone please yes.gif

No murmurs at all, but since the club media are in lockdown, not surprising.

I'd tend to agree that it'll be later next week or beyond when we see movement, purely on speculation that we need loans from English clubs that have yet to decide who is available

not sure about the negative , as any other' may step in and contribute.

McFaddens contribution is clearly underrated by some

Ojamma, Anier and others highly praised, for similar contributions, yet James was a failure according to them.

sure he was injured, pre-season, in a very open interview explained he basically lied to himself about the extent of that, but when he recovered, he was a great asset when used.

and since, we are shit? and only team spirit got us second place, I dont see how anyone can readily write off his obvious contribution to that.

I dont know the financials surrounding it, I know McCall didnt value him, I dont feel the need to write him off, I would take him back into the squad immediately given the option, I'd sit him down to watch videos of Cooper, over and over again, he has the same skills, but Coop knew that he didnt need to do the running, as thats what, Boyd and O'Donnell etc were for. Faddy wasted his good by trying to do even more, that we all could see the running might not have been what it was.

I think the key actor in understanding the Faddy situation is Kenny Black. He was a member of the Levein crew that made the national team a joke.(in fact, I'm surprised he's not back at Swinecastle with the Maroon Moron). Not long after he returned to us, Faddy gave an interview in which he quite clearly explained the contempt that Levein had for him as a Scotland player, and how Levein never once contacted him during his period recovering from injury.

I think the key actor in understanding the Faddy situation is Kenny Black. He was a member of the Levein crew that made the national team a joke.(in fact, I'm surprised he's not back at Swinecastle with the Maroon Moron). Not long after he returned to us, Faddy gave an interview in which he quite clearly explained the contempt that Levein had for him as a Scotland player, and how Levein never once contacted him during his period recovering from injury.

Nah, not buying it

. We need more youth getting game time!!

I think most agree with this, yet most seem scared by the prospect. The truth is, cups aside, we have punched above our weight for years. We don't have the finance for anything else, so we must trust the manager and trust the boys themselves. If it takes a couple of years to reap anything from them then so be it. From my point of view I am willing to be patient and accept there will be some poor games. So long as it doesn't end in relegation, which I doubt it will.

Just watched the STV news there, wonder if anyone can answer a couple of questions:

First, Killie have a massive star above their badge, what's that to commemerate?

Second, I seen they've just signed Eremenko on a 1 year deal, so he was available, does anyone think he would have been a welcome addition to the squad or too similar to the role we're looking Vigurs to fill? (I know they've got a bit of cash to spend with Boyd leaving their books but to be fair, so have we).