2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Was O'Brien not the guy we were looking at but who still hadn't recovered from injury? Was Kenny Black not quoted as saying as much..?

Aye, he was. I don't think he said the deal was dead but it did say it was previously about to be tied up then he picked up an injury.

BBC

Motherwell wait for Derby defender Mark O'Brien

Motherwell manager Stuart McCall aims to ease his defensive worries by signing Derby's Mark O'Brien on loan.

The 21-year-old from Dublin is expected to arrive at Fir Park this week after recovering from an ankle injury.

Steven Hammell, Simon Ramsden and Adam Cummins are currently sidelined from McCall's squad.

Craig Reid, Zaine Francis-Angol and Fraser Kerr played in Saturday's 1-0 win over St Mirren despite not having trained for two weeks.

"I think Mark would probably have been with us if he hadn't gone over on his ankle in pre-season," explained McCall.

"He has just been coming back to fitness now, so he's one we are waiting for.

"He started full training now so hopefully at the back end of the week, he will be a player we would like to get in on loan."

McCall is also working on a deal for a new striker with a loan arrangement also likely.

"If what we're working on comes off I'll be delighted," he said. "We've got to give it a chance. If it doesn't, we will have to look elsewhere. Rather than taking somebody else, I'd rather give it a chance."

The thought of Faddy signing for either of the Old Firm fills me with dread. I know it's just a job, however, I would be happier if he went abroad or down south.

A few of the current Motherwell players fill me with dread..never mind the ex ones :ph34r:

Kevin Kyle?

Direct replacement for Anier, aye?

Kyle has more or less given up on professional football because of his fitness and he makes John Sutton look like roadrunner.

No chance we are even looking at him.

I think a fair number of people completely misread the Kevin Kyle thing to be fair! It was supposed to be a joke.