2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

So, 2 players in on loan. A defender and more creative forward as outlined by McCall. Do we reckon that's it and this is our squad until New Year? Is this all we can afford?

Do we actually need much more. I don't think so tbh.

Goalies:- Dan, Gunnar and Stewart/Currie

RB:- Reid, Kerr, Ramsden

LB:- Hammell, ZFA

CB:- McManus, Kerr, Ramsden, O'Brien, Neill, Cummins

RM:- Ainsworth, Law, Cadden

LM:- Vigurs, ZFA, Thomas, Ojaama, Law

CM:- Lasley, Carswell, Leitch, Lawson, Vigurs, Law

Forwards:- Erwin, Ojaama, Sutton, Moore, McHugh

You can always strengthen but I think doing so abore would be to the detriment of our youth development. I'm happy enough to go with this squad in the interim.

• Like 1

Do we actually need much more. I don't think so tbh.

Goalies:- Dan, Gunnar and Stewart/Currie

RB:- Reid, Kerr, Ramsden

LB:- Hammell, ZFA

CB:- McManus, Kerr, Ramsden, O'Brien, Neill, Cummins

RM:- Ainsworth, Law, Cadden

LM:- Vigurs, ZFA, Thomas, Ojaama, Law

CM:- Lasley, Carswell, Leitch, Lawson, Vigurs, Law

Forwards:- Erwin, Ojaama, Sutton, Moore, McHugh

You can always strengthen but I think doing so abore would be to the detriment of our youth development. I'm happy enough to go with this squad in the interim.

that looks great except you have law in all 3 midfield positions, he can only play 1 at t time. :whistling:

problem with that squad is Cummins and McHugh aren't fancied by mcCall, moore is injured until Dec/Jan at least, Henrick is away in Jan and Neill, Cadden, Leitch, Erwin, and thomas are all untested over a whole season. Obrien could be good, could be pi$h time will tell.

I would love a couple more permanent players but beggars can't be choosers.

problem with that squad is Cummins and McHugh aren't fancied by mcCall, moore is injured until Dec/Jan at least, Henrick is away in Jan and Neill, Cadden, Leitch, Erwin, and thomas are all untested over a whole season. Obrien could be good, could be pi$h time will tell.

I would love a couple more permanent players but beggars can't be choosers.

I agree that the players you listed are untested over the course of a season. Here's an idea. Let's test them over the course of this season. One criticism levelled at McCall, possibly fairly, is his perceived lack of faith in our young players. Can't criticise him for that if we're not willing to place our own faith in them...

I agree that the players you listed are untested over the course of a season. Here's an idea. Let's test them over the course of this season. One criticism levelled at McCall, possibly fairly, is his perceived lack of faith in our young players. Can't criticise him for that if we're not willing to place our own faith in them...

100% this. If there was ever a time to give them a chance, it's this season. Let's hope the fans give them the same chance.

We definitely need to blood some youngsters this season to give them SPFL experience.

I don't see Las / Sutton / McManus / Hammell lasting much longer (Or taking longer to recover from injuries) due to their age.

I would rather has some youngsters replacing / Learning from them rather than some journey man who we can't sell on for profit

100% this. If there was ever a time to give them a chance, it's this season. Let's hope the fans give them the same chance.

I hope your right but recent experiences, when we are doing well in the league, suggest that a good few won't be give the lads a chance if we aren't doing so well.

We definitely need to blood some youngsters this season to give them SPFL experience.

I don't see Las / Sutton / McManus / Hammell lasting much longer (Or taking longer to recover from injuries) due to their age.

I would rather has some youngsters replacing / Learning from them rather than some journey man who we can't sell on for profit

I agree we need to blood youngsters but at the same time dont right off the solid pro's we have at the club and how important it is to have a mix of youth and exerience. Lasley, yeah, he is 34 so I can the benefit in giving the likes of Carswell and Leitch serious game time over him as he will likely bow out at the end of his contract in 2016/2017. But, Sutton is 30, McManus 31 and Hammy 32 - they will all have plenty to give for the next couple of years at least at the top of their game.

I'm delighted to see Kerr being played in his favoured position and finally putting in the kind of performances that we thought he might be capable of. So I hope that O'Brien's arrival doesn't see him benched / shunted out to right mid again. We were all calling for McCall to sign a replacement for Hutchy but maybe he was already here!

It wouldn't be unreasonable to assume Ramsden was Hutchisons replacement.

I'd be surprised if that was the case. Ramsden is not a centre back and has never seen himself as such. Bradford fans were surprised were were playing him in the middle of the defence. Certainly Stuart McCall was looking to replace Hutchy with a "mobile" central defender.

I'd be surprised if that was the case. Ramsden is not a centre back and has never seen himself as such. Bradford fans were surprised were were playing him in the middle of the defence. Certainly Stuart McCall was looking to replace Hutchy with a "mobile" central defender.

If he was watching the St Mirren game, he might have noticed Fraser Kerr has the potential to be that player. An opportunity to develop one of our own into either a solid SPL player or a sellable asset. Which will be lost if O'Brien takes his place. And what will that say to our other young players...?

O'Brien has played quite a few games at a high level. He'll go straight into the team when fit, I'd imagine.

At the end of the day you put out the best team you possibly can to try and win and you'd have to suspect that O'Brien is better than most of the guys we have.

Kerr won't have done himself any harm over the last couple of matches, I think he's undoubtedly moved himself up the pecking order for centre half if there is an injury or suspension.

If he was watching the St Mirren game, he might have noticed Fraser Kerr has the potential to be that player. An opportunity to develop one of our own into either a solid SPL player or a sellable asset. Which will be lost if O'Brien takes his place. And what will that say to our other young players...?

bring back gannon