2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

It's good that we are having options for positions. pick any 2 from 3 for centre backs McManus, Kerr, O'brien as someone mentioned we need cover for injuries/suspensions/poor form More than enough games for all 3 to make a decent contribution. if one of them does get shut out and not used then hopefully that menas the 2 being picked are doing a sterling job, reflecting in the results on the park.

I think Ramsden and Reid are competing for right back spot. For me Ramsden contributes much more to the team at right back than he does at centre back.

Left back is hammell's spot not a lot of competition for his place more a case of who fills in when he is out. A position to work on for future seasons?

Ainsworth is on the wide right. Liek Hammell just a case of who fils in there. So again we should be looking to the future for this position.

Wide left is Angol's for the taking if he can step up and put in some consistent performances. I think he has the potential but can he realise that potentiol remains to be seen.

Middle of the park has a lot of competiion with Lasley/vigurs/carswell/leitch and I think I'll include Lawson and Law in here too. Unfortunately I think McCall has been reluctant to make changes he needs to here. By sounds of it Leitch should be starting on merit. No shame to Las, dip in form so he should be on bench for a bit I don't think he is done and I am sure he will get back to playing like we know he can.

Up front we have Sutton/Erwin/McHugh/Ojamaa/Moore Sounds liek Erwin should be starting on merit. Sutton struggling, maybe 70% cause of the way we have been playing 30% on his form? but untill we start playing well enough to where we are setting up chances for him in the box i think we need to play Ojamma and erwin to at least provide movement up front. Again there are plenty game to make use of all the players for injuries and plan B's etc. Unfortunately I think McHugh is surplus to requirements but more than glad if he proved me wrong

With respect to goalies I am still l undecided on twardzik. Along with many other people i thought it seemed a bit strange end of last year that he got replaced by Hollis.

Apologies as I am not familiar with the youngsters at fir park but either through them or from bringing in players I hope we are scoping out players to fill wide positions left and right as well as left full back. Finding another Gem like randolph or Rudy would be terriffic but i think we will be hard pressed to do that but if Nielsen's contract is up end of this season we wil certainly bee needing a new goalie to add to the squad.

Omitted from the official team photo....

Aye, that did cross my mind too but he is still on the official first team squad page and that has been updated with the new photos (his excluded but it hasn't been removed).

He seems way out the picture given the new number he was given and the fact Kerr and the new boy will be in front of him. So, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes but he is still here by the looks of it.

Middle of the park has a lot of competiion with Lasley/vigurs/carswell/leitch and I think I'll include Lawson and Law in here too. Unfortunately I think McCall has been reluctant to make changes he needs to here. By sounds of it Leitch should be starting on merit. No shame to Las, dip in form so he should be on bench for a bit I don't think he is done and I am sure he will get back to playing like we know he can.

Up front we have Sutton/Erwin/McHugh/Ojamaa/Moore Sounds liek Erwin should be starting on merit. Sutton struggling, maybe 70% cause of the way we have been playing 30% on his form? but untill we start playing well enough to where we are setting up chances for him in the box i think we need to play Ojamma and erwin to at least provide movement up front. Again there are plenty game to make use of all the players for injuries and plan B's etc. Unfortunately I think McHugh is surplus to requirements but more than glad if he proved me wrong

Nothing against Carswell but I think our central midfield two should be Lasley and Vigurs. I'd play Ojamma on the left and play Erwin up front with Sutton.

It's not ideal and doesn't accentuate everyone's strong points but in an unbalanced squad I think its the best we can do.

is Leitch and Vigurs too attack minded?

For playing Kilmarnock? Probably not, but Vigurs is our only fit left sided player so I'd want him wide.

I'm not sure Lasley has had enough bad games to deserve to be dropped, and I'm not sure Leitch has had enough good games to merit starting over him, but I do think a midfield duo of Leitch and Carswell could be our best option at some point.

I think for next week with our makeshift defence, Lasley's experience would be beneficial. Central midfield isn't a problem in my eyes though. It's the wide areas that are of concern, although that's been mainly down to injuries and Ainsworth's lack of form. I'll be more inclined to judge us once we've had our strongest XI on the field.

That gets mentioned all the time...the guy couldn't wait to get out the door when he was here the first time!

Im sure he'd choose to stay at Arnold Clark than come back up here!

VVVVVVVVVVVVV

I think it's slightly tongue in cheek on the most part.

this man is correct - however he has been the only one who has given the youngsters their chance, we were once the team reknown for given them a chance - that is fading away now

Nothing against Carswell but I think our central midfield two should be Lasley and Vigurs. I'd play Ojamma on the left and play Erwin up front with Sutton.

It's not ideal and doesn't accentuate everyone's strong points but in an unbalanced squad I think its the best we can do.

i normally agree with alot of what you say but for me, if you play Henrik on one side and Ainsworth on the other, you cannot afford to play Vigurs in the middle - IMO, way too many attack minded players and not enough defensive cover, especially if we dont have a natural left back - we are always way too exposed on that side

For playing Kilmarnock? Probably not, but Vigurs is our only fit left sided player so I'd want him wide.

I'm not sure Lasley has had enough bad games to deserve to be dropped, and I'm not sure Leitch has had enough good games to merit starting over him, but I do think a midfield duo of Leitch and Carswell could be our best option at some point.

I think for next week with our makeshift defence, Lasley's experience would be beneficial. Central midfield isn't a problem in my eyes though. It's the wide areas that are of concern, although that's been mainly down to injuries and Ainsworth's lack of form. I'll be more inclined to judge us once we've had our strongest XI on the field.

is Vigurs fully fit though?

and im not sure i like him out wide.........he has great technique, and his delivery into the box is fantastic, for me, he just lacks the legs both going forward and also covering his defensive duties, i'd like to see him played inside a little bit but that would mean a change to our system, which at the moment may not be a bad thing (but not a 352!!!!!)

and i do think that if we can get Leitch and Carsy playing more often they could either be there for a long time or potentially getting us some much needed transfer money - the potential is there, i think they both still need nurtured, game time and can also still benefit from Lasleys experience

Probably not.

Just thinking - does McCall attend the U20 games? Or does he rely on the feedback of Kenny Black and Jonathon Johannssen?

He does and tends to view the action away from others, feedback will be available from both mentioned and another set of eyes and ears available in Scott Leitch. Be surprised if they didn't confer.

i normally agree with alot of what you say but for me, if you play Henrik on one side and Ainsworth on the other, you cannot afford to play Vigurs in the middle - IMO, way too many attack minded players and not enough defensive cover, especially if we dont have a natural left back - we are always way too exposed on that side

That was a 'strongest XI' line up, not one that I'd play against Kilmarnock, therefore I'd have Ramsden and Hammell in there in the full back positions.

I know it's not perfect, as I stated, but I think it would be our team with the maximium attacking threat and creativity. It's a line up with all our best players in their strongest possible positions.

For me Vigurs is our 'special' player. He is wasted out wide and, I think he needs to be more central. Lasley can play a more defensive role, than he currently does. That means Ojamaa would have to play wide left, where he played really well combining with Nicky Law last time round, so I think he could play there no problem. He's no worse than Ainsworth, or Vigurs for that matter, is at tracking back.

Agree that Ojamaa could do well out on the left but I doubt he'd be too happy to play there.

One of his primary reasons for leaving Legia was to get game time as a striker because he wasn't happy playing out on the left for them.

Agree that Ojamaa could do well out on the left but I doubt he'd be too happy to play there.

One of his primary reasons for leaving Legia was to get game time as a striker because he wasn't happy playing out on the left for them.

That's what I am thinking Ojamma will be playing up front with Sutton or Erwin