2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Not saying yes or no but it's a wee bit of balance and stability down the left side (among other things) that we need is it?

it is yes, but AFAIK, since he left us he's been plying his trade as a central midfielder - however, if he can improve what we currently have, which I thnk he can, then i'd take him - as much as i still hate the fact he paraded himself in those green n white hoops

Rumour on Twitter (again) that Pearo is signing up...Mr Burrows stopping short of saying 'no'

2937bbf0e4a37ee4b7ee48e54668fed8_bigger.jpegPLZ Soccer@PLZSoccerStephen Pearson training @MotherwellFC with a view to a deal.

Alan Burrows@Alan_Burrows 3h@PLZSoccer To be fair, he's been training and using the facilities at Fir Park since early July?!

LZ Soccer@PLZSoccer 22m@Alan_Burrows deal almost over the line? Friday maybe?

DzUSAvf0_bigger.jpegAlan Burrows@Alan_Burrows 15m@PLZSoccer We've not entered any negotiations, far be it close to concluding one, guys. He's being using facilities all summer...

That's up there with the Martin Woods is in talks 'excloosiv' from Rickoza t'other week...

Just out of interest, when was the last time you saw him play DEWELL?

Last 9 seasons out of 10 he's either played Championship or Premiership level in England. Probably still more than good enough for us.

The question is he the right sort of player to bring in since money is tight?

We need a left sided midfielder/winger and that's Pearson's position. However he has serious injury problems last season.

At 31 he's not that old, probably has a couple more seasons in the tank and has a wealth of experience, from Champions League to international football to the tough leagues down south.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Scotsman:

FORMER Motherwell full-back Paul Quinn is set to be given a route back into football by Championship side Hibernian

The 29-year-old, who left Fir Park for Cardiff City in 2009, spent three years in South Wales before moving to Doncaster Rovers in 2012 and then agreeing a two-year deal with the Keepmoat Stadium club the following year until the summer of 2015.

However, he left at the beginning of this season by mutual consent and has been looking for a club ever since his departure from the South Yorkshire-based League One club.

Easter Road manager Alan Stubbs has invited Quinn in for training at the Edinburgh club's East Mains training complex and talks over a deal started yesterday with a positive conclusion predicted before Saturday's home game against Dumbarton.

Should Quinn sign on the dotted line, he will be seen as competition for Hibs' vice-captain David Gray.

Ultimately depends on cash as much as anything.

Clarkson is a salary, Ojamaa is a loan - and for me a fit Ojamaa is more useful to us then a fit Clarkson given the balance of our squad.

And would not be surprised if 2 of the other 3 are on higher wages than their Fir Park counterparts.

Martin Woods or Josh Law?

Paul Quinn or Craig Reid?

David Clarkson or Henrik Ojaama?

Jamie McDonald or Dan Twardzik?

I like McCall but can't escape the feeling that we've not made the most of the transfer window this summer...

I get what your saying but:

Law was signed before we heard about Woods and is a different type of player. He is a left winger and Law is right footed and versatile enough to be a good squad player.

Reid signed before Quinn got released

We all would have taken Ojamma before Clarkson given the 2 options? Seems Clarky has hit the ground running though in a in form team.

McDonald...aye, fair enough

Quinn was gone about 3 years before we signed Reid, we only got Reid last season and it was Mark McGhee who got rid of Quinn. Id only have taken Jamie MacDonald and Paul Quinn over the options above as the rest of them are just as good as each other, well apart from Ojamaa as I feel if he can replicate the form he had when he was here then he would be far better than Clarkson.