2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Would be interested to see what the difference would be if we played an entire youth team, can guarantee there would be a better attitude on and off the pitch if that's what baracough seems to think is the problem....

Think that you can pretty much guarantee under the new boss that he will give the young guys a go if the current players keep performing in the way that they have been.

Think that you can pretty much guarantee under the new boss that he will give the young guys a go if the current players keep performing in the way that they have been.

He has already shown more in a couple of weeks than any before him since Gannon

sadly a fair percentage of the boys take the lead from some senior players and consider partying until the early hours the night before a game, to be acceptable,

a culture change is needed, it cannot happen in 12-14 weeks however so this season will just need to be about filtering out the half arsed types and convincing the others that they have a future playing football most weeks.

Bara, gave them Christmas morning off training according to Hammell, not exactly paid back by the players, difficult one for him to deal with , he cannot do a Butcher at Hibs and tell them they are all finished as he needs ssome of them onside, guess that means we need patience to put up with some, that have been an embarassment to the title 'Professional Footballer'

• Like 1

Would be interested to see what the difference would be if we played an entire youth team, can guarantee there would be a better attitude on and off the pitch if that's what baracough seems to think is the problem....

Anyone old enough will remember a certain ex manager saying exactly the same thing and dropping an almost entire first team in favour of the younger players.

We suffered record defeats and got relegated.

Anyone old enough will remember a certain ex manager saying exactly the same thing and dropping an almost entire first team in favour of the younger players.

We suffered record defeats and got relegated.

The last time I can remember seeing Motherwell being as bad as they were yesterday was the Roger Hynd/Ally McCleod period. I only hope history doesn't repeat itself and we can get enough results against the fellow strugglers to save our season.

1420219089[/url]' post='428065']

sadly a fair percentage of the boys take the lead from some senior players and consider partying until the early hours the night before a game, to be acceptable,

a culture change is needed, it cannot happen in 12-14 weeks however so this season will just need to be about filtering out the half arsed types and convincing the others that they have a future playing football most weeks.

Bara, gave them Christmas morning off training according to Hammell, not exactly paid back by the players, difficult one for him to deal with , he cannot do a Butcher at Hibs and tell them they are all finished as he needs ssome of them onside, guess that means we need patience to put up with some, that have been an embarassment to the title 'Professional Footballer'

What game was the alleged partying before?

1420195493[/url]' post='428008']

After suffering that drivel for 80 mins yesterday, I stand by my earlier points that is imperative we begin rebuilding now.

All this let's aim for 10th pish is quite frankly insuliting.

We are absolutely rank rotten.

From the lists posted above, the only names I'd be remotely interested in keeping are Carswell, ,Ojamma and Sutton. I said earlier that we are in desperate need of 4/5 players to make sure we stay in the league and I fully stand by that. If the board are not willing to open the wage budget to allow this to happen, I will genuinely have no sympathy for the more dramatic enforced changes we will see in the championship.

Individually...

Twardzik - Too wee. Backup keeper if I ever saw one. Keep.

Reid - people like to think he tries. He has nothing about him at all. Goodbye.

Kerr - never a professional football player. Goodbye.

McManus - cart horse and has gone back the way since he joined. Goodbye

Hammell - injuries, injuries and age, bad combination. We must seek a starting LB. keep.

Lasley - he tries hard but again we need to look for a replacement. Keep

Law - utter shite. Goodbye.

Ainsworth - too lightweight. Goodbye.

Ojamaa - trying too hard atm to compensate for the dross around him. Quality still. Keep.

Sutton - will score at spl level however needs support. Keep

Ramsden - too injury prone. Goodbye.

Lawson - see ramsden. Goodbye

Vigurs - imposter. Goodbye.

Carswell - backup player again. Keep.

Erwin - someone said he isn't a footballer as his decision making is awful. Tending to agree. Keep.

Obrien - back to Derby. Goodbye.

Angol - not a football player. Goodbye.

Mchugh. See angol. goodbye

Cummins - see the two above. Goodbye.Neilsen - hasn't worked. Goodbye.

Stewart, Thomas, Ferguson, Cadden etc. we have to keep. Will be judged over next season and a half.

Yep , a clear out us needed, but I don't know how Carswell made it onto your small list of players to keep.I ' ve said before he will be playing for A second division outfit in a couple of years, and won't be standing out

Just shows you how opinions can differ.

Sutton would be one of the first I would show the door to.

Can't believe just how slow this guy is and it works to the oppostions advantage every week. When does he ever chase and shut a defender down? Our defenders get closed down week in week out and panic. Opposition defenders have all the time in the world to pick their pass because Sutton doesn't have the legs to shut anyone down. If Bara wants to play the pressing game he has spoken about surely Sutton will not fit into his plans. Yes he had a good scoring record last year but last year has gone now and this season he has been rank.

Just shows you how opinions can differ.

Sutton would be one of the first I would show the door to.

Can't believe just how slow this guy is and it works to the oppostions advantage every week. When does he ever chase and shut a defender down? Our defenders get closed down week in week out and panic. Opposition defenders have all the time in the world to pick their pass because Sutton doesn't have the legs to shut anyone down. If Bara wants to play the pressing game he has spoken about surely Sutton will not fit into his plans. Yes he had a good scoring record last year but last year has gone now and this season he has been rank.

Three games in now and have seen hee haw about the pressing or keeping game that our manager said that was how we were gonna play.

After suffering that drivel for 80 mins yesterday, I stand by my earlier points that is imperative we begin rebuilding now.

All this let's aim for 10th pish is quite frankly insuliting.

We are absolutely rank rotten.

From the lists posted above, the only names I'd be remotely interested in keeping are Carswell, ,Ojamma and Sutton. I said earlier that we are in desperate need of 4/5 players to make sure we stay in the league and I fully stand by that. If the board are not willing to open the wage budget to allow this to happen, I will genuinely have no sympathy for the more dramatic enforced changes we will see in the championship.

Individually...

Twardzik - Too wee. Backup keeper if I ever saw one. Keep.

Reid - people like to think he tries. He has nothing about him at all. Goodbye.

Kerr - never a professional football player. Goodbye.

McManus - cart horse and has gone back the way since he joined. Goodbye

Hammell - injuries, injuries and age, bad combination. We must seek a starting LB. keep.

Lasley - he tries hard but again we need to look for a replacement. Keep

Law - utter shite. Goodbye.

Ainsworth - too lightweight. Goodbye.

Ojamaa - trying too hard atm to compensate for the dross around him. Quality still. Keep.

Sutton - will score at spl level however needs support. Keep

Ramsden - too injury prone. Goodbye.

Lawson - see ramsden. Goodbye

Vigurs - imposter. Goodbye.

Carswell - backup player again. Keep.

Erwin - someone said he isn't a footballer as his decision making is awful. Tending to agree. Keep.

Obrien - back to Derby. Goodbye.

Angol - not a football player. Goodbye.

Mchugh. See angol. goodbye

Cummins - see the two above. Goodbye.Neilsen - hasn't worked. Goodbye.

Stewart, Thomas, Ferguson, Cadden etc. we have to keep. Will be judged over next season and a half.

Wake up it not fantasy football , get real

• Like 2

Twitter feeds I take it? I don't use it. If so, just reeks of lamentable behaviour and does nothing when giving a number of this mob the benefit of the doubt.

With respect to Baraclough, in 18 months he'll have all the legacy contracts he inherited up. I agree, I think if we are going to be sensible then we have to look at giving him 2 years from now to sort things out and mould it in his way.

With respect to Baraclough, in 18 months he'll have all the legacy contracts he inherited up. I agree, I think if we are going to be sensible then we have to look at giving him 2 years from now to sort things out and mould it in his way.

Pretty much agree. I think he'll need about 21/2 - 3 years though. In 18 months time he'll probably have "his" team pretty much in place but they may need time to gel.

In the meantime he'll have to use players he would not have signed himself. As far as young players are concerned, he'll have to bring on players other managers brought in, but our record for those signed in the past decade is not great. With one possible exception those breaking into the first team just now don't seem to be anything special although it can be hard to tell at that stage.

I agree, I think if we are going to be sensible then we have to look at giving him 2 years from now to sort things out and mould it in his way.

Pretty much agree. I think he'll need about 21/2 - 3 years though. In 18 months time he'll probably have "his" team pretty much in place but they may need time to gel.

Will he be given that time though?

st Mirren are rank rotten and we had an extra man and we barely played an incisive pass.

True, but we kept the ball well and had more possession. Thistle first half we did that again but had more incisive passes. Second half and then the accies game we did neither.

Apparently we missed out on this one.....

Ross County start latest rebuild by snapping up striker

Written byPaul Chalk

Ross County boss Jim McIntyre has signed striker Craig Curran on a short-term deal.ROSS County manager Jim McIntyre has, as promised, wasted no time in bolstering his squad with the signing of English striker Craig Curran.

The Scottish Premiership's basement side, who lost the New Year derby at home to Inverness CT 3-1, need to find form quickly to get in front of rivals St Mirren and Motherwell.

Curran recently left Conference Premier side Nuneaton and has been on trial in Dingwall.

The former Tranmere, Carlisle and Rochdale forward's work-rate is one of the main reasons McIntyre has handed him a short-term contract.

Full-back Jamie Reckord and young gun Tony Dingwall signed new deals over the festive period, with midfielder Martin Woods and defender Paul Quinn expected to follow suit.

The Staggies boss is demanding a better effort and level of performance from his side and vowed on Thursday to bring in more quality, with Curran being the first through the Victoria Park doors.

This looks certain to be the third successive transfer shake-up at Ross County after previous boss Derek Adams brought in a number of players in the summer then McIntyre added Quinn, Reckord, Woods, Lewis Toshney and Terry Dunfield. A lack of consistency though means they must get better to avoid being isolated.

Ahead of their trip to eighth-placed but toiling Dundee on Sunday, County are one point below managerless St Mirren and seven behind Motherwell, so a second win of the season against Dundee would give everyone at the club a lift ahead of their match next weekend against Partick Thistle.

Dundee have now gone seven games without a victory and need to sharp reaction following their stunning 6-2 New Year's Day battering by Dundee United.

Ok then - names - from the folk in the know and original poster? is this more conjecture from the steelmenonline board?

Here we go again... My post was a reply to the question being asked 'which game?'. Without the need to be superior - quip made referring to the conjecture referred to the previous day's match.

No claims from me that anything untoward has gone on you'll see, but, batter in if it suits your obvious seethe at not being in the loop.