2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Twitter has some Argentine guy coming on loan. Too lazy to paste or translate, look on Twitter

Got un-lazy:

Manuel García tiene casi todo acordado con el Motherwell de Escocia para atajar un año a préstamo. Habría opción de compra.

Manuel García has pretty much agreed with Motherwell in Scotland to tackle one year loan. He would call option.

Manuel Garcia of Rosario, GK - http://www.rosariocentral.com/planteles/garcia-manuel/

He looks to be playing well the past few years.

At CSKA Sofia he was their first choice goalie for over a year, with 32 clean sheets in 57 games. He moved to Greece due to CSKA not paying his wages.

Only signed a 2 year contract with Ergotelis in July last year though.

If he's available and we can afford him, I'd be fucking ecstatic to have him to be honest.

Scott Burns on Twitter saying it is his agent who offered him to us so he must want a move back. Says we are interested but would likely need to move another goalie on first.

I'm sure Accies had him on loan and then bought him (about £200k) as they thought he was good enough to sell on. Very unusual for Accies to buy anyone and the gamble backfired as he saw out the end of his contract while out with a long term injury.

If he's back to the player he was pre-injury then it would be a promising signing.

Which Ben Gordon ? the left back from Colchester or the Centre half from Alloa ?

Seen as how Hammell's been ruled out for another month I would guess the left back that played for County and Killie.

Fallen out of favour at Colchester apparently and been told he can go out on loan, dunno if it's true like but it makes sense I suppsose.

Wouldn't be in favour of the Ben Gordon move. Why not?

One of the many valid reasons given in the thread on the subject of why we struggle as a selling club was that our young players don't get enough game time. Luke Watt has played two games (against the top two teams in the league) and hasn't looked out of place. Signing a left back on loan and sticking Watt back in the U20s seems like the kind of short term thinking many have been slating the club for...

Wouldn't be in favour of the Ben Gordon move. Why not?

One of the many valid reasons given in the thread on the subject of why we struggle as a selling club was that our young players don't get enough game time. Luke Watt has played two games (against the top two teams in the league) and hasn't looked out of place. Signing a left back on loan and sticking Watt back in the U20s seems like the kind of short term thinking many have been slating the club for...

+1 for me.

Priority for me is in the spine of the team - ideally another CB and another ST is what we need as priority, the a GK next if budget stretches. Allow the young boys to stake their claim.

We need to expose our best young players to regular football at the same time trying to ensure we don't get dragged down. Tough one indeed.

Said it for some time but an athletic fullback is a priority. Ben Gordon caught the eye at Killie and I was surprised to see him end up at Ross County.

Watt looks a decent prospect but ideally would he not be pushing for a right back spot? Too much of a jump to expect him to play well regularly given the severity of our predicament.

Hasn't looked out of place in the worst Motherwell team ever?

I'm all for giving him a run but I would also like some more cover.

How quickly people forget...

The majority of that team were heavily involved in getting the club to a record points total last season.

They may be on a very poor run of form just now, but is it not slightly harsh to refer to them as the worst team ever? The record points total is in the record books afer all, when folk look back how will they tie up the claims the the men who did that were regarded as the worst team ever?!