2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Pearson looked good in the middle vs Dundee Utd so a left winger who can potentially cover in LB is a good signing. Hopefully it doesn't see Thomas papped back onto the bench for the duration though.

Agreed. I think Thomas is primarily a right sided winger is he not?

Southend fans apparently weren't fussed about him leaving but acknowledged he was good 'on his day'. Sounds like a left sided Ainsworth, minus the goals. Doubt he was close to the top of Huddersfield's scouting database but hopefully he'll prove to be a decent short term measure.

Thomas is left sided but can play anywhere.

Southend fans apparently weren't fussed about him leaving but acknowledged he was good 'on his day'. Sounds like a left sided Ainsworth, minus the goals. Doubt he was close to the top of Huddersfield's scouting database but hopefully he'll prove to be a decent short term measure.

Thomas is left sided but can play anywhere.

Most wide players have good and bad days especially wide players at our level. You just need to hope we get someone who clicks with the team and we get more good days out of him than bad days. Like Ainsworth last season.

But I think it will be a huge boost just to get a couple of new faces in the dressing room. You'd like to think it will have a positive effect on everyone.

Sensible signing positionally. Can fill in at LB until Hammell is fit then provide competition at LM to Thomas and Pearson.

See lots of folk whinging on twitter that he's on loan from York City. It doesn't matter a fuck where he's come from if he does the business on the park. I don't remember people moaning when we signed Ojamaa after he was released from a team in the Finnish 2nd division or Nicky Law signing from League 2 Rotherham, and they turned out alright.

• Like 3

Struggling to get a game for League 2 struggles York. Underwhelmed...

Aye right the players from the top clubs in Europe are queing up to sign for us, who gives a feck where he comes from if he improves the team and contributes to keeping us in the premiership, thats all i want. Judge how effective he was in May.

Struggling to get a game for League 2 struggles York. Underwhelmed...

A team with no cash to spend, fighting a relegation battle and looking for fresh faces in the January window, isn't going to be spoiled for choice.

Never know with these things, though. Sometimes a change of scenery can bring out the best in a player. Skippy is one example of that.