2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Aye right the players from the top clubs in Europe are queing up to sign for us, who gives a feck where he comes from if he improves the team and contributes to keeping us in the premiership, thats all i want. Judge how effective he was in May.

Your use of the the 'Aye right the players from the top clubs in Europe are queing up to sign for us' analogy is a crock of shit. Read what's being said - it's not about where the player comes from.

Really people were moaning were not signing anyone now there moaning where there coming from. Ffs get a reality check. The English 1st 2nd could out bid us on players wages anytime. We don't have a brass farling and loans are all we are going to get so how the hell can we be choosey. We are getting 1 from the championship for experience they rate him one for the future. Ffs slating a player even before he is here wallbash.gif

• Like 2

Your use of the the 'Aye right the players from the top clubs in Europe are queing up to sign for us' analogy is a crock of shit. Read what's being said - it's not about where the player comes from.

I guess we will see. Seems to have split the opinion at his previous club in that he was playing poorly but came on to a game when they got a new left back and he was pushed up the park a bit.

The original post implied that as the player was struggling to get a game in a struggling team he was not a very good signing and BB was not overly impressed. The analogy still stands thats the level of player / Club that we have to deal with as we are feckin skint so we take what we can afford. I assume IB thinks he will add to the team, so as i said judge the player in May

Would assume the manager has seen him play and will know exactly where he will fit in and what he will offer us. Just because he doesn't fit in with another manager in another team doesn't necessary mean he won't fit into a system and style of play that suits us.

Here's hoping anyway.

The original post implied that as the player was struggling to get a game in a struggling team he was not a very good signing and BB was not overly impressed. The analogy still stands thats the level of player / Club that we have to deal with as we are feckin skint so we take what we can afford. I assume IB thinks he will add to the team, so as i said judge the player in May

Quite understanding of where we as a club are & to where we require to be recruiting new players. Your first point IS exactly what the lad meant and hard to argue with his ideal, but, some are easily entertained it seems on this board...

'assume IB thinks he will add to the team'? Aye? Well IB certainly hasn't covered himself in glory since his appointment, but, hell, he talks some game on his pre/post match interviews. Can't wait for the next installment :doh:

The bottom half dozen teams in League 2 are dog shit. I know this from watching, in person, Newport come up from the conference and comfortably be at the right end of the league with a distinctly average team. The standard of play in League 2 is brutal in the main and doesn't contain loads of un discovered diamonds that some wish to believe. It does have some good players that can make a step up, but they are few in number. Hence why signing a guy who has struggled to play regularly for one the bottom 6 sides is a pretty underwhelming signing given our current predicament. The name or stature of the side he is on loan from is irrelevant, it is their league position, form and squad size that is important.

OMG the guy hasn't even pulled on a well shirt yet and he's already getting slated because he couldn't get a game for York.

Give the guy a chance before you rate / slate him.

He can't be any worse than we already have can he ??

Is it any wonder players have been quoted in the past as saying we are the worst support for getting on the back of players and they won't / shouldn't sign for us on that basis.

'assume IB thinks he will add to the team'? Aye? Well IB certainly hasn't covered himself in glory since his appointment, but, hell, he talks some game on his pre/post match interviews. Can't wait for the next installment :doh:

What exactly were you wanting from him this early into his reign as manager? He's operating with the same players that McCall couldn't get fuck all out of, isn't he?

He deserves at least this window and the summer to put his own stamp on the side. Judge him after he's had some time to do his own thing, not a few months into the job.

• Like 1

with the injuries to hammell,angol and vigurs we were badly needing another left sided player in so finger's crossed the guy from york can do us a turn until the end of the season.the player from forest sounds promising hopefully we can get that one done as well as getting another striker in.

Wasn't Legia paying Ojamaa's salary? or some part of it? And if so could it be that they refused to do it in the 2nd loan spell so Motherwell wanted to lower the salary but Henrik refused?

Seems pretty obvious he had no future at Legia and needed to move on. We made an offer (as I understand) but another club made a better one and he's gone for the better Scandinavian offer and a new challenge.

Left back wasn't the area that I'd have addressed first but a few on here wanted a pacy, powerful full back. Who's to say Straker isn't that player? I said on another thread that we tend to get hung up on a player's pedigree rather than what he can bring to the team. Prior to his injury last season, Ramsden was in the running for POTY. Ramsden, released by Bradford.

The potential arrival of Laing baffles me a bit. If we hadn't extended O'Brien's loan, then it would make more sense. Maybe a defender on the way out...

Cant really be surprised at bringing in defenders when here's no real evidence we have any.

I still maintain that a large portion of the blame for the number of goals we've conceded is the amount of possession we gift the opposition. Not as if we're getting beaten 3-0 by a team only creating three chances. Inability to retain the ball is bringing a lot of pressure on our defence, which I'll admit hasn't covered itself in glory on occasions...

• Like 1

I still maintain that a large portion of the blame for the number of goals we've conceded is the amount of possession we gift the opposition. Not as if we're getting beaten 3-0 by a team only creating three chances. Inability to retain the ball is bringing a lot of pressure on our defence, which I'll admit hasn't covered itself in glory on occasions...

Absolutely 100% spot on