2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

It's a valid question for any time of year unless you like holding off till the 11th hour for answers

You won't get an answer until the 11th hour though (except for "I'll listen to all offers and then decided nearer the time").

Soon as we look safe, provided his injury is a short one I'd be looking at getting Pearson signed up for next season and despite his age arguably a two year deal.

We certainly need a spine of a team as early as is feasible. But survival first and foremost must be the goal.

obviously IB has no faith in what we have defenders wise with a new. left back (Straker) and two central defenders. I suppose asking for another right back considering we have 6 already would have taken it too far. a winger Thomas (who suffers bad asthma attacks), Long the keeper and Pearson is a lot of business for a club our size.

As posted in the shoutbox, Hartley will fit right in.......

Injury

Argyle to make loan signing after injury setback for Peter Hartley

By HeraldSport | Posted: January 08, 2015

By Chris Errington Chief Football Writer @ChrisErrington1

9297339-large.jpg

Argyle defender Peter Hartley

Comments (0)PLYMOUTH Argyle centre-back Peter Hartley has been ruled out of action for three weeks after suffering the recurrence of a hip flexor injury.

Pilgrims’ boss John Sheridan has responded to that by launching an attempt to sign a centre-back on loan before the away game against Southend United at Roots Hall on Saturday.

Sheridan would not reveal the name of the player he has in mind but was confident a deal would be done in time for the new recruit to be part of Argyle’s squad at Roots Hall.

Hartley was first troubled by his hip problem in the warm-up before the 3-0 win against Dagenham and Redbridge at Home Park on December 20.

RELATED CONTENT

He missed the next three matches, but returned to the starting line-up when the Pilgrims played away to York City last weekend.

However, the injury flared up again and Hartley had to be substituted on the stroke of half-time.

The 26-year-old former Hartlepool United and Stevenage defender will now work closely with Argyle physio Paul Atkinson and performance manager John Harbin as he attempts to overcome the problem once and for all.

Sheridan said: “Pete has had a recurrence of his injury and will be out for three weeks.

“He’s in the physio’s hands and will work hard to get back. We just don’t want it to keep affecting him.

“We have got to make sure he’s right for when he does come back.”

Hartley has made 25 starts for Argyle in all competitions this season and his performances have been one of the main reasons why their defensive record has been so good.

Sheridan already has three players who can line up in central defence against Southend in captain Curtis Nelson, Carl McHugh and Anthony O’Connor.

Another one, 19-year-old Aaron Bentley, will complete a three-match suspension after the visit of Luton Town to Home Park next Saturday.

But, even so, Sheridan is very keen to add another centre-back to his squad as Argyle try to get their push for promotion back on track.

He said: “I can’t give you a name because we haven’t sorted the details out yet.

“It’s just literally a few little things that need sorting out and Jason Turner (Argyle’s general manager) is working on that.

“But I’m confident enough to say he will be in the squad on Saturday.”

The plan is for the new recruit to meet up with the rest of the Argyle players at their overnight base in Essex tonight.

Sheridan said: “He could have possibly come down (to Plymouth) if we had rushed things.

“But I think it would have been stupid to make someone travel for four or five hours here, and then travel four or five hours to Southend.

“He’s training and has been on the bench for his respective club. He’s fully fit and is someone who could step into the way we want to play.”

Sheridan is also trying to sign a striker on loan before the clash against Southend.

“I’m just waiting on phone calls,” he said. “Hopefully, something will happen.”

The Pilgrims’ boss is seeking cover for Reuben Reid and Lewis Alessandra in attack after the cruciate knee ligament injury to Deane Smalley last month.

Marvin Morgan is the only other out-and-out forward in the Argyle squad at the moment.

Sheridan said: “I think it’s important we strengthen and keep all areas (of the squad) strong.”

Read more: http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Argyle-make-loan-signing-injury-setback-Peter/story-25826510-detail/story.html#ixzz3QcHMHDRx

Follow us: @heraldnewslive on Twitter | theplymouthherald on Facebook

Probably over his injury and looking for some game time to get back to full fitness. From that article he is credited with being responsible for Plymouth good defensive record. Happy to take that risk on what could be a decent defender which could be the difference in shoring up that defence and keeping us away from relegation.Would be happy with 3 or 4 of our defenders to go out on loan elsewhere if this comes off