2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Club has lived up to it's promise in delivering multiple signings and the manager has been backed significantly. Fascinating times ahead, on and off the park.

As alluded to previously, I hope we still get regular sightings of Thomas, Erwin and Moore despite the increased competition in their areas.

Brilliant day, all exciting prospects. tails most definitely up now! let's start climbing the table!

Totally agree. Also great seeing St Mirren sell there star man. Hopefully with the two weeks without a match we can get some of the injured players back and push on up the table.

All interesting reading, given me a bit of an insight into how the manager thinks.

Talk a few days ago that Vigurs was on his way to Oldham but medical scuppered it, Ainsworth has cashed in his chips, McManus isn't living up to his billing and pedigree. All three seem will now be given a final opportunity to step up but mentally I don't think a couple have it in them. Evident that the manager has no time with players who show no effort. I genuinely think he'd rather field lesser players that give 110% than those with something about them but no drive. What is evident that alternatives have been now sourced.

Getting a strong core again, shoring up weak points, introducing some grit and fight and being able to move the ball from the middle third to the final seem to have been addressed ..... on paper.

So lets look at what we've got:

1./ Pearson (free) - Known quantity, ball winner with an engine and offers an attacking option

2./ Straker (loan) – Left sided player, able cover defence and midfield

3./ Laing (loan) - Centre half, not the most auspicious of starts but the red could have gone either way

4./ Long (loan) - England U21 Keeper, 6'4"

5./ Grant (loan) - Left footed defensive midfielder, highly rated

6./ Thomas (free with option) - 20 year old forward, preference for right wing but can play on left too

7./ Johnson (signed) - Nippy left winger, had the eye of a number of clubs, Flow seen it as a coup

Someone pointed out Sutton has scored half our total so far, so hopefully we can now give him ammo he'll deliver, I'm happy to leave him up front and see what he gets.

However I get the impression the signings are beyond living within our current financial means. I'd be surprised if our new owner has covered a wee bit here and there. If £50k for Johnson is true then I don't know where we would have found it otherwise.

Typical for on here, as of lunchtime, with Pearson, Straker and Laing already in, rumblings on here of their caliber, despite memory loss of a host of unfancied signings over the past few years that eventually won plaudits and universal acclaim. As Jamsie pointed out earlier everyone cited that Baraclough had scouting the English lower leagues as a bonus for finding gems cost effectively. Then when a few players from there come in there are already labeled pish and beneath us.

Long then gets the nod, some questioning the move as other positions need addressing first. Calm down kids, there's more to come, sorry we didn't sign midfielders and forwards ahead of a keeper to ensure you happiness. Grant comes from Everton, usual suspects can't use his parent club as an excuse for further scorn. Thomas and Johnson are instantly given a thumbs up after seeing their youtube videos. Quite a lot of eye rolling on my part but expected for SOL.

Since a few are reluctant to give any credit to him, nice bit of business Flow.

• Like 5

1422929727[/url]' post='431765']

All interesting reading, given me a bit of an insight into how the manager thinks.

Talk a few days ago that Vigurs was on his way to Oldham but medical scuppered it, Ainsworth has cashed in his chips, McManus isn't living up to his billing and pedigree. All three seem will now be given a final opportunity to step up but mentally I don't think a couple have it in them. Evident that the manager has no time with players who show no effort. I genuinely think he'd rather field lesser players that give 110% than those with something about them but no drive. What is evident that alternatives have been now sourced.

Getting a strong core again, shoring up weak points, introducing some grit and fight and being able to move the ball from the middle third to the final seem to have been addressed ..... on paper.

So lets look at what we've got:

1./ Pearson (free) - Known quantity, ball winner with an engine and offers an attacking option

2./ Straker (loan) – Left sided player, able cover defence and midfield

3./ Laing (loan) - Centre half, not the most auspicious of starts but the red could have gone either way

4./ Long (loan) - England U21 Keeper, 6'4"

5./ Grant (loan) - Left footed defensive midfielder, highly rated

6./ Thomas (free with option) - 20 year old forward, preference for right wing but can play on left too

7./ Johnson (signed) - Nippy left winger, had the eye of a number of clubs, Flow seen it as a coup

Someone pointed out Sutton has scored half our total so far, so hopefully we can now give him ammo he'll deliver, I'm happy to leave him up front and see what he gets.

However I get the impression the signings are beyond living within our current financial means. I'd be surprised if our new owner has covered a wee bit here and there. If £50k for Johnson is true then I don't know where we would have found it otherwise.

Typical for on here, as of lunchtime, with Pearson, Straker and Laing already in, rumblings on here of their caliber, despite memory loss of a host of unfancied signings over the past few years that eventually won plaudits and universal acclaim. As Jamsie pointed out earlier everyone cited that Baraclough had scouting the English lower leagues as a bonus for finding gems cost effectively. Then when a few players from there come in there are already labeled pish and beneath us.

Long then gets the nod, some questioning the move as other positions need addressing first. Calm down kids, there's more to come, sorry we didn't sign midfielders and forwards ahead of a keeper to ensure you happiness. Grant comes from Everton, usual suspects can't use his parent club as an excuse for further scorn. Thomas and Johnson are instantly given a thumbs up after seeing their youtube videos. Quite a lot of eye rolling on my part but expected for SOL.

Since a few are reluctant to give any credit to him, nice bit of business Flow.

All fair points, well made.

Delighted with that.

Would be interesting to hear who 'the one that got away' was and if he was subsequently replaced by another, or whether it would have been yet another signing.

'Flow does also say lets see what happens in the next week or so. Sounds like an out of contract player that may still be available.

1422927025[/url]' post='431763']

Totally agree. Also great seeing St Mirren sell there star man. Hopefully with the two weeks without a match we can get some of the injured players back and push on up the table.

Good stuff, but we need to see them perform first.Hope St Mirren stay up too, partly cos they might now been seen as underdogs and also they seem to have done decent thing by McCLean and honoured gentlemen's agreement, to let him go, if decent deal came in. Obviously not to the detriment of ourselves

I guess that leaves Ross County......

Somebody at the club must have won the lottery!

Don't think anyone saw that coming. All young hungry players yesterday which excites.

Be interesting to see hoe many of the new signings start up at Dingwall. As someone stated it is clear that Barra ran out of patience with some in the squad.

Time will tell, but certainly more upbeat and confident we can improve on where we have been and hopefully the new players will galvanise the team and carry no baggage of constant defeats.

The big Q is how they will gel and how those other players react to be bumped. Always had a close knit squad. might be more difficult to achieve that with 200 playerslaugh1.gif

Bringing in so many will be a kick in the knackers to many players but I don't think we should just field all the new faces at once. Eleven strangers do not make a team. I think Erwin, Moore and D Thomas should continue to be encouraged.

Nielson, ZFA, Cummins, Ainsworth and Carswell can all go on loan if possible. McHugh, Vigurs and Lawson are injured so unless we release them, are there till end of season.

I think the question now becomes which players will be leaving/going out on loan in the next few days. Burrows stated that there'd be some leaving. Cummins looks a no brainer. McHugh and Angol are injured so unless we're going to release them when they're injured which seems a particularly iffy thing to do, it won't be them. Signing of two wingers makes you look at Ainsworth and Dom Thomas. Given Dom Thomas has come off the bench in a few games recently, you'd think that Baraclough sees something in him. Concern would be, as Lobey Dosser says, that these new signings inhibit his development.

Time will tell, I guess...

Seems like a great transfer window. That has fairly lifted the gloom. The board have really backed the manager. But there will be real management issues for Baraclough now. Seven players in who will be his players will put a few noses out of joint in the dressing room. Some experienced players with a lot of influence may find themselves out of the team like Ramsden, McManaus and Lasley.

How they react will be important.

Baraclough cannot alienate them either. Remember what Butcher did at Hibs. He told a lot of guys they weren't good enough and three months later he needed them in the team and they went down.

Onwards and upwards. Can't wait for the next game and see what all these guys are like.

How does the loan window work up here? I know that down south it opens next week for lower league teams.

Actually think that with Vigurs, Lawson and Leitch still injured that anyone who can play centre midfield will be going nowhere. Even if Lasley and Pearson return, it's one area of the park we don't have many options so Carswell and Ramsden will be pretty safe. Obvious thing to say but we've plenty cover at right back. Watt out on loan to gain experience or possibly Reid or Kerr on their way (although both have featured a lot under Baraclough). Be interesting to see what happens and who Baraclough has been using simply because he didn't have other options...

Well, there's now no question this is Baraclough's side. He's got his players in. It's now time to deliver and get us the results to move us up the table.

After a very poor January, results wise, it's good to see the confidence of many returning.