2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

So IF we can keep Mick and IF we can afford Wilson's wages, the pair of them might make a good partnership?With Craig Gordon in goals we could really tighten up at the back next season.

Has anyone here seen Danny Wilson regularly enough to form something of an opinion on him? I see he's making noises about possibly leaving Hearts at the end of the season.

He's only 22, and from what I've seen of him he's not too bad. Worth a look if Hutch and maybe McManus leave?

We need to develop our own players and turn them into credible SPL players with plenty domestic and Euro experience at a young age. Then,we can let them leave for heehaw.

• Like 2

Might sound daft since he's at financially troubled Hearts, but could we afford his wages?

As has been shown in recent times, there's more on the table when you sign for Motherwell than simply money. We're a club who seem able to give players a platform where they can steady the ship, so to speak, and get a season or two of decent football under their belt.

Before, as HaggisChomper says, we can let them leave for hee haw :doh:

The interviews with McCall covered in the BBC etc. today is quite encouraging.

Talking about getting them in for a talk day after the Killie game and asking them to get the finger out for the last six weeks of the season. Reminding them where the money's coming from to allow them to hit whatever beach they've planned to head for and asking them to go for 2nd and secure an extra £240K for the club no matter what their plans are for this season.

Good message

I'm a big fan of Shinnie's but is a left back really a priority?

Hammy isn't as good as he once was but still one of the better left sided defenders in the league imo.

With ZFA and Murray both able to fill in as well it's one of our strongest positions.

Don't get me wrong, if there's room in the budget once we've replaced anyone who leaves, thenI'd love to see him at FP.

What about going after Tansey, Shinnie and McKay fro ICT?

I like Tansey, a good player with a bit of potential to be even better and I think we need a midfielder.

On the other hand I don't think left back is really a priority position to be looking to bring someone into so for that reason I don't see a great need to go for Shinnie although by all accounts he's been Inverness's best player for quite a while.

McKay, with that strike rate, will be eyeing a move south, I'd expect. I also believe he mostly plays up front by himself and isn't used to playing along side someone like Sutton so there might be a question mark over how he fitted into the side.

McKay will be way out of our leave, price wise. Could certainly do a turn though, his non-performance since Christmas seems more down to Hughes' style of play rather than anything else. Would like to see Moore getting more of a chance next season however.

What about goalies...Gordon worth a punt? If not, how about this Bain chap at Alloa? Gets a good write up...

McKay will be way out of our leave, price wise. Could certainly do a turn though, his non-performance since Christmas seems more down to Hughes' style of play rather than anything else. Would like to see Moore getting more of a chance next season however.

What about goalies...Gordon worth a punt? If not, how about this Bain chap at Alloa? Gets a good write up...

The goalkeeping situation is a tough one. It's the better of our two goalkeepers that's out of contract and releasing him might seem a bit harsh on him.

On the other hand we are unlikely to be able to move on Nielsen without paying up his contract.

I'm not so sure we'll see a new goalkeeper next season, might stick with what we've got this term.

Today's Scum reports Stephen McManus is extending his contract by another year.

I'd be very happy with that. He's been pretty solid this year, despite the odd mistake and seems to have got past his thirst for Craigan's OG record. Also, given his experience and position in the squad, it might convince one or two others to stick around as well.

• Like 1

We need to get a better keeper in. The points we have lost because of Gunnars lapses may not cost us second place this season, but they are a luxury a club like ours canniot normally afford.

Randolph and Ruddy may have spoilt us over the last few seasons, but a half decent and safe keeper is surely not beyond our means, Some sympathy with Hollis as he might have fitted that particular bill, but injuries have conspired against him having the chance to prove it.

Need to punt both keepers if at all possible, Nielsen is the worst keeper i've ever seen in my time watching Motherwell and while I don't think Hollis has much done wrong, hes too injury prone to be on a first team wage.

• Like 1