2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Great to know the new owner who doesn't exist yet has made funds available to the hypothetical manager and whoever he is will decide to bring in more than three but less than five unspecified players from various unknown places.

Did I mention funds?

4 out, 4 in sounds reasonable given a new manager will want to change things

• Like 1

The Irish Mirror is already linking us with Irish League players, somebody called Seamus Conneely.

Probably based on nothing other than just random speculation and putting two and two together but you'd be surprised if its a route he doesn't consider given how well he knows the league and it'll be fairly cheap. And he was talking about freshening up the squad in January during his press conference.

Lets just hope if he does go down that route they're of better quality than our Irish League trio from a few years ago.

BBC Gossip:

Former Motherwell, Celtic and Bristol City midfielder Stephen Pearson is considering a return to Scottish football after rediscovering his form at Indian side Kerala Blasters, who are managed by his former City team-mate David James. (The Sun)

Re-visiting old ground, I know, but if available in Jan and wages do-able would you consider signing him?

Aye but he's pish. So's his deputy. Can we have a left back 3 midfielders a goalie and 2 strikers as well please Mr Barraclough. :whistling:

...........Carswell.......Lasley.............

Ainsworth.........Vigurs...........Ojamaa....

..................Sutton.....................

Not much wrong with that, if you can get the confidence up and get them playing to anywhere near the standard of the past couple of years.

Given Ramsden, Kerr, Reid, Ferguson and Law will still be here post Xmas...spending another wage on what seems, on the face of it, to be a player of a similar level should not be the priority.

Typically pish press 2+2=5 story I reckon. No way he's thinking of bringing a fella in when he hasn't yet assessed what we already have in the squad

Was at Hibs, wasn't he?

His biggest impact was claiming Hearts fans would abuse him for being RC.

He said: "When Celtic go to Ibrox you realise how big the Old Firm rivalry is.

"But when we went to play against Hearts you could see what their fans were like and how they react to Celtic players.

"I thought it was worse for Celtic players at Hearts than it was at Ibrox.

"I was on the bench at Tynecastle when Celtic lost 2-0 last November.

"You could see the tackles that were going in then we got a player sent off which was why the manager was complaining. I could sense the rivalry in that game and it will be the same for me as a Hibs player.

"I'm sure the Hearts fans will give me stick - especially as I'm an Irish boy and a Catholic as well.

"They'll take it out on me so I'll have to be on guard against that. Even just going out to warm up they'll give me stick.

"I suppose that's natural but it gets you going and I'm looking forward to it.

"When you are getting a bit of stick it brings out the best in you and makes you want to try harder.

"I would love to help Hibs get into the top six so we could get another game at Tynecastle after the SPL split."