2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

1420482356[/url]' post='428363']

Absolute bomb scare of a player - surely we could get a cheaper option with the limited ability expressed by thisGRAEME as his preferred option facepalm.gif

The quicker he returns to Oireland and takes up Gaelic Football the better - its what his talents demand.

Of current central defenders , I would have him in, he's not a soft touch

I'm neither up nor doon about this.

After watching the highlights from the game yesterday again not a single one of our defenders is capable of staying with their man and/or tracking runs which is basic basic stuff so flying into tackles (or not) isn't where we're being undone.

Sad fact is he probably is the best centre half we have. McManus has been howling this season, O'Brien is rough around the edges certainly but as good as we have so keeping him a bit longer is no bad thing.

Moving on some fringe or clearly underperforming players and getting a replacement or two in will be a bit of managerial genious if you ask me I have fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

Ach, I like O'Brien but I can see why some don't. For me, he offers us something not a lot of our other players do at the moment - a bit blood and snotters, go straight through a player to get the ball, no nonsense type of deal. I wouldn't want all 11 to be like that mind.

I noticed in the Sun Aaron Taylor-Sinclair heading out on loan from Wigan.

With our lack of left back options, would like to think he would have been considered. Doubt it financially but on a short term loan till Hammy gets fixed would be ideal.

Yeah, I think he'd have been ideal for us. Even with Hammell was fit we lack a fullback that can get up and down the park with a bit of pace.

Yeah, I think he'd have been ideal for us. Even with Hammell was fit we lack a fullback that can get up and down the park with a bit of pace.

We have three players who can play left back with varying degrees of experience. Watt made an impressive debut against some of the trickiest opponents he's likely to face in the SPL. Happy for him to deputise in Hammell's absence as we've been crying out for our young players to get a chance, why stifle one who's getting a shot? Angol also able to play there.

If money's tight (which we all know it is), left back isn't a priority...

• Like 2

We have three players who can play left back with varying degrees of experience. Watt made an impressive debut against some of the trickiest opponents he's likely to face in the SPL. Happy for him to deputise in Hammell's absence as we've been crying out for our young players to get a chance, why stifle one who's getting a shot? Angol also able to play there.

If money's tight (which we all know it is), left back isn't a priority...

Wish Watt well, like any young one, but it's a fair jump for a boy that hasn't played too often for the under 20s. He's also right footed so not entirely sure he is a left back!?

Right or left, we need a quality fullback that can get forward.

Wish Watt well, like any young one, but it's a fair jump for a boy that hasn't played too often for the under 20s. He's also right footed so not entirely sure he is a left back!?

Right or left, we need a quality fullback that can get forward.

I know what you're saying about it being a big jump but, unlike some of the players to come through our youth system, he at least looks physically equipped for the job. Quite happy to go with Watt and Law at full back just now, reward decent performances there...

Were we not (allegedly) interested in Taylor-Sinclair before he left Thistle? In any case, I'd imagine he'd be a bit out of our league now, wages wise.

That said, I'm all for Watt being given a chance to show what he can do. A lot of pressure on him perhaps, but we need to see what the younger members of the squad can do considering the usual suspects haven't set the heather on fire.

I know what you're saying about it being a big jump but, unlike some of the players to come through our youth system, he at least looks physically equipped for the job. Quite happy to go with Watt and Law at full back just now, reward decent performances there...

Hear hear. Nothing wrong with that unusual concept of playing players in their natural positions!