2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

The only part I'd disagree with would be Josh Law, who has impressed me more with every passing game since McCall left. Having said that, if you'd asked me a month or two ago I'd have fired him from a cannon.

Firing a Motherwell player from a cannon. I hope you don't have a target in mind because it will surely miss.

Mark Wilson has had his contract terminated by Dundee Utd. Anyone think he'd be worth a 6 month deal?

Was just about to post something similar! Could certainly do a job for us, but I'd imagine his wages would be a stumbling block. That said, if he's being pushed out the door at Tannadice over the Zaluska incident, then he may be looking for a quick fix. Can imagine a few clubs will be after him however.

Was just about to post something similar! Could certainly do a job for us, but I'd imagine his wages would be a stumbling block. That said, if he's being pushed out the door at Tannadice over the Zaluska incident, then he may be looking for a quick fix. Can imagine a few clubs will be after him however.

He is a decent player, and would do a turn for us, however if any other clubs are interested then he won't be joining us as we are skint. But if there is no interest then any wage is better than none, so who knows.

Dundee United will be paying him until the end of the season I'd guess or will make up for any loss in earnings. Basically they just want him out of the door.

I get what you mean about having 5 players fighting for the jersey but none of them are good enough.

If we want to avoid relegation we need better defenders, is he worth a punt in this case - definitely.

He's pretty solid and we lose a lot of goals from this area from free crosses.

Get the other RB's barring Ferguson(who is a left back anyway) away to feck in the summer or sooner.

We may get lucky here and get a 1 in and 1 out scenario in this window. Similar to Gunnar hopefully.

Ferguson is a right back who McCall hung out to dry at left-back.

We have too many right-backs on the books, if we managed to rid ourselves of Kerr, Reid, Ramsden, Law, then Wilson might be an option, but until that time comes its an absolute no-go, considering that we have no left-backs, 2 atrocious goalkeepers, no flair, no midfield and a lump of wood up front. I'd imagine Ian Barraclough has more to worry about than giving himself another right-back that he'll be forced to play out of position.

• Like 1

If we can bring in three maybe four players then for me its a goalkeeper and two new central defender's. Defence has to be our priority IMO. After that its a central midfielder.

I reckon we'll need to shift players to bring others in...for example, there is no way we'll sign another keeper unless we lose 1 of the haddies we have...Gunnar loooks like the best bet to leave, and then stick wee dan on the bench and get someone else in.

The fact that we've re-signed O'brien, leads me to think that Barraclough doesnt blame thecentre of defence for our capitulations. We have a multitude of options at righ-back and in the middle, he just has to pick the right formula. Left-back though is critical for me, with Hammell being out for so long we have played virtually the whole season so far without a left-back worthy of the name. If we only bring in one additional player, this is the position I'd like to see sorted out as a priority.

In saying that though, if we had the funds to bring in 4 new players over and above what we have?

A goalkeeper with two hands and the stature that would restrict him from getting a job in a circus midget troop

A left-back to act as back-up to Hammell, and as a successor

A centre-mid, not made of chocolate, not 35, not a lazy prima dona, but with an eye for a pass forward and a decent engine

A centre-forward who can jump, maintain his balance and move his legs quicker than he moves his arms

Not sure if Mark Wilson is the right way to spend any money we do have to be honest. I said at the start of the season he would be a decent signing but I think we are now in a different position and need to strengthen other areas first. He is friends with McManus and lives locally though so I wouldn't be surprised if he did turn up.