2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Very worrying when we have been reported to be interested in 1 player and we are half way through january. Ave not heard any links or rumours so hopefully we get our finger out andget a few in.if not we are going down as ross county and st mirren will strengthen

The flip side to that is that if you haven't seen any details of our potential targets in public and don't know who they are then neither do any of our competitors.

The manager said in one of his press conferences he had irons in the fire. That was repeated as recently as last night by the General Manager. That's good enough for me until the player(s) in question have commited and the club can unveil them. Until that point happy to let them quietly get on with their work in the background.

Erwin, Ojamaa and Moore can all do similar to Anier in terms of going in behind, run channels and create space for arriving midfielders. The problem is they are invariably deployed wide or as a deep lying forward with Sutton as the number nine.

Moore tore Killie to shreds last season in the first away game down there, with Sutton playing in a deeper role. It worked really well and how we've never repeated the approach with Erwin or Ojamaa (in Moore's place) so far this season has been a big mistake.

Anier is faster than any of our guys, especially over a distance.

Ross County supposedly in for Porter.

Well, he knocked back Dundee United in favour of ourselves as it was 'a bit further away' from family who are based in the North West so I'd doubt a move to the back of beyond will be on the horizon. He's done anyway, a shadow of his former self when I last seen him at Blades.

Well, he knocked back Dundee United in favour of ourselves as it was 'a bit further away' from family who are based in the North West so I'd doubt a move to the back of beyond will be on the horizon. He's done anyway, a shadow of his former self when I last seen him at Blades.

Difficult to be 100% certain of course, but is seems like his injury problems finally caught up. I think we were lucky/smart enough to get the best from him - and another good piece of business at the end of the day.

How's higdon getting on down at bramall lane mate?