2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

When Pearson left last time, there was a degree of bitterness among some of our support about how he conducted himself. I think it tells you all you need to know about our situation right now that there's been little outrage at the prospect of his return.

Is he the right signing? Haven't seen him play recently but if he still has the engine to get up and down the park then he'll offer something we don't have. And lessen the amount of ground Lasley has to cover.

If he's fit and still able to get up and down the park, I'd sign him...

I haven't seen Pearson either but like the Golden Child I would rather suspect he'd be different player to the raw, pacy direct youngster that left us under a cloud many years ago.

I was as irked as anyone at the way he left - it was apallingly dealt with by Pearson and his advisors - but from interviews with him since he's shown himself to be a bit more mature and shown some contrition for the way he left.

And other point for debate that springs to mind - that I'm slightly cautious about airing for obvious reasons - but after a poll on here showed Ched Evans would happily be given a second chance by many of the Steelmen Online patrons after a rape conviction would people be unwilling to offer the same second chance to someone for being photographed wearing another team's shirt hours before a move more than a decade ago?

• Like 1

Never rated Pearson as highly as others in his first spell, but believe he could offer something now. I seem to recall he struggled to pass the ball 5yards at times, but saw him play for Derby few years back and he really dictated play.

He's more experienced and mature now too, so shouldn't bring the off firld antics either.

And other point for debate that springs to mind - that I'm slightly cautious about airing for obvious reasons - but after a poll on here showed Ched Evans would happily be given a second chance by many of the Steelmen Online patrons after a rape conviction would people be unwilling to offer the same second chance to someone for being photographed wearing another team's shirt hours before a move more than a decade ago?

We should have another vote. Who would we prefer ?

A. Rapist

B. Papist

• Like 4

Serious issue with the state of his pus.

It really is unsettling to look at.

Not so for his missus, who by all accounts is a bit of a looker.

For me I would take him back as we cannot afford to be too picky these days, assuming that is he can still play a bit. If so it would out him ahead of 10 others at the moment.

Absolutely no issue with Pearson coming back, if he's still capable of doing a job. Midfield needs strengthening, especially on the left, and he's not going to be the silly boy who had his head filled with promises of starring for his boyhood heroes any more.

He knows the club as well, perhaps he can bring a little of the passion for the jersey that's been sadly lacking of late. Your first club's got to be something special, regardless of how you left at the time.

Pearson's daft wee lad attitude that most are labeling him with still is a lifetime ago. He grew into a very accomplished player at Derby County. Remember, he scored the most valuable goal I'm World Football too to take them up to the Prem. Would absolutely add something to our team.

I must have missed Pearson scoring the winner in the World Cup final....

Twitter rumours of Scott Boyd from Ross county coming our way. Seems like a weird one.

Think he's being kept out of first team by Sanuders and Quinn. Big no nonsense defender who will give 100%. and knows the Scottish game. Wouldn't be the worst signing IMO.

PS I know his future father in law, will see if he knows anything !

Think Scott Boyd is a bit of a hero up there but so were Lawson and Vigurs. Will be surprised if we are in for a centre half after extending O'Brien's deal.

Yeah a few fans on their Jailender site saying as much. Now that I think of it, Boyd is similar to OBrien , so yes a strange one.

surely we wont be signing a player that can't get a game for a team that's struggling worse than us,hopefully this one is just internet rumour.

Surely we won't sign a 5 ft 10 goalie as our first choice keeper. Surely we won't give out two year deals to injury prone defenders in their 30s. Surely we won't sign a Conference North right back and try to play him up front.

There is no potential signing daft enough to rule out these days.

• Like 2

so much for our new bosses contacts in England / Ireland . we only seem to be associated with former players and Scottish players ?????

This concerns me too.

Barraclough absolutely NEEDS and/or SURELY has to have contacts (which surely would've been ironed out at the interview stage you'd like to think?!?!) as the rebuilding job in the summer is going to be huge.

If he's still here by then of course.

This concerns me too.

Barraclough absolutely NEEDS and/or SURELY has to have contacts (which surely would've been ironed out at the interview stage you'd like to think?!?!) as the rebuilding job in the summer is going to be huge.

If he's still here by then of course.

I think I've posted in the welcome to fir park thread about Barraclough .He surely can talk the talk .We need to freshen the squad up in the next 13 days .

I'm sure he has contacts, he was working as a scout for Huddersfield until he joined us. Unfortunately, having contacts is just one link in the chain; there still need to be players available of sufficient quality who want to come and play for us.