2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Signing of two wingers makes you look at Ainsworth and Dom Thomas. Given Dom Thomas has come off the bench in a few games recently, you'd think that Baraclough sees something in him.

If Baraclough doesn't see something in Dom Thomas he shouldn't be a football manager.

I'm just repeating what I said last night but I think the other Thomas will play right wing (it's apparently his primary position) and Marvin Johnson, who I will say for the record I have a good feeling about, will play more through the middle, as a sort of second striker, so I see him more as a replacement for Ojamaa.

So I see this as a problem for Ainsworth rather than Dom Thomas. In fact I don't think Ainsworth has really been interested since the beginning of the season. He took ages to actually sign a contract and when he did it was only for a year - hardly committing himself was he? He obviously wanted a move off his 11 goals last season and has been in a mood ever since. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Ainsworth was released.

Excellent window all in, and a clear indication that the vast majority of our 18 or so players out of contract in the summer will be allowed to leave. Start of the revolution, and hopefully this will see us pull away from St. Mirren (who after losing two of their best players yesterday are doomed!) and Ross County.

Someone else said it, but it really is amazing the difference a week can make in the world of football. Doom and gloom has been replaced with a refreshing positivity. Lets hope they can deliver when it matters.

My heads spinning with all of this! I still don't even know all the new players names and what position they play!!

Are we to assume that the new owner has financed a lot of this?

Whilst I'm pleased that we have speculated to acumulate in order to stay up, it seems like a lot of players in one go. I hope this doesn't mean that Thomas, Moore and Erwins development is stunted, but some of the other players could certainly do with a rocket up the backside.

I think it's important to keep a sense of perspective.

We've not seen any of these guys play and it takes a while to form a team when players don't know each other.

That's a problem because we need to win the next match.

I don't think supporters should expect us to suddenly become a great team, I still think it's going to be a real scrap to get away from the relegation area but hopefully these signings will help.

As someone else said above - this is Baraclough's team now and to an extent his honeymoon period is over.

So, providing all new signings are good to go for the Ross County game, we could be looking at a starting XI of...

Long

Reid

O'Brien

McManus

Straker

Lasley

Grant

N. Thomas

Johnson

D. Thomas

Sutton

Some difference!

I think it's important to keep a sense of perspective.

We've not seen any of these guys play and it takes a while to form a team when players don't know each other.

That's a problem because we need to win the next match.

I don't think supporters should expect us to suddenly become a great team, I still think it's going to be a real scrap to get away from the relegation area but hopefully these signings will help.

As someone else said above - this is Baraclough's team now and to an extent his honeymoon period is over.

This.

We've seen three of Baraclough's signings play and opinions are mixed on them, Pearson being the only one seen so far as definitely an improvement. Grant and Long look to have decent pedigree but you could say the same about Cosgrove and Nielsen in those positions. Will the two new wingers be better than Ainsworth? We don't know.

We do have options now and while it's a cliche for every manager to say that "it's a good problem to have", the onus is now on Baraclough to mould a team. He's been backed by the board so even more than before yesterday, the buck stops with him.

The hope is that the fight we saw against Dundee United and in the second half on Saturday is taken into the next game and with the freshness that new faces will bring, we can kick on and get some results. But it's a hope. Not a guarantee. Hard work continues...

So, providing all new signings are good to go for the Ross County game, we could be looking at a starting XI of...

Long

Reid

O'Brien

McManus

Straker

Lasley

Grant

N. Thomas

Johnson

D. Thomas

Sutton

Some difference!

No Pearson or Erwin? I think this illustrates the balancing act that the manager has now. Blending new faces with some of the good players we had already..

Share the caution of Ya Beezer and Melvin Bragg as much bigger clubs than us have failed to integrate multiple signings in a short period of time. And while trying to install a style of play, I suspect he'll have his man-management skills put to the test by inevitable unrest.

Some of the signings though do look really impressive away. So while not getting carried away, I'll need to try and talk the missus into valentines at Dingwall.

No Pearson or Erwin? I think this illustrates the balancing act that the manager has now. Blending new faces with some of the good players we had already..

Forgot about Pearson!

It's good though we now seem to have a bit of competition for places. It's been a long while since that's been the case.

Got to say that I'm warming to Baraclough now...he's had a helluva 'honeymoon period' as Ya Bezzer calls it. Took over a squad that was both thin on the ground and devoid of any hunger, fight or ideas...its little wonder that he hasnt been able to turn it around thus far, having to rely on the same players that failed under McCall this season.

I think IB has addressed most of the problem areas that anyone with a set of eyes could see needed to be addressed, a new goalkeeper, a left-back to occupy the position until Stevie is fit, a central midfielder, centre-back addressed and attacking options beefed up...now I'm not saying these biys are world-beaters (they might well turn out to be shite), but given most of them are on short-team deals and will only be with us to the summer, I'm just delighted that Baraclough realises where the issues are and will potentially have a blank canvas to work with in June.

Got to congratulate the Board, who have had a tough time of it over the past wee while with the buy-out, the well society etc, but they have backed their man over the course of this week.

Strange to say, but we are now over-loaded with players, and shedding a few I would imagine will be a necessity whether on loan or by other means.

• Like 1

Am I right in saying anyone released from their contract after the deadline shuts won't be able to sign for a new club until the summer, hence all the releases happening before the deadline shuts? If that's the case we won't be releasing anyone, and it'll be loans out.

Can see Cummins, McHugh and Cadden going out if fit/someone will have them, and maybe even Ainsworth, Vigurs & Neilsen to be loaned outside of Scotland.

I'm inclined to agree with Bezzer, we may not see immediate results, a change of this nature and number means there's a good chance a number of strangers will be playing together.

I think it's evident that it takes a number of games for an understanding between a keeper and defence and among the defence itself to develop.

Encouraging none the less. I'd expect 3 of the newbies to start the next game based on the fact they are match ready coming directly from first team action elsewhere.

Immensely impressed with the club's response to our present crisis. Baraclough and Flow obviously deserve a lot of credit for making it happen, but I suspect what we are seeing here is the immediate impact from ournew owner and his deeper pockets. He looks to have decided that his project will be a lost cause if it starts with relegation, so he has pumped a cash in to back the new manager and try and see us safe.

There is are lot of attempts to be blame McCall and/or individualplayers at the club for our present predicament. Yes we have one or two talented wasters at the club (Ainsworth; Vigurs if you are repeatedly fooled by the odd slowmo Zidane turn), but we also have a lot of hard working but pretty ordinary pros who are either carrying injuries of have simply lost confidence. These things happen, it is our worst run of injuries and our first really bad half season in years. The club have to be congratulated for taking positive steps to maintain our status. A lot of similar sized clubs have satback hoped for the best and watched things slide.

With respect to the (new) team, I think Baraclough will still be desperate for some of the present squad to get over their injuries. I wouldn't expect many to have been written off already and I certainly don't think he will want to halt the development of our better kids. He obviously values competition for places, and if two or three of the new boys hit the ground running, and two or three of the present squad regain fitness/form, that should be enough to see us clear.

One final, if we do end up having to play off against the buns, or even Hibs, we are going to benefit from being able to play players from outwith the Scottish goldfish bowl. May overcome our tendency to clam up and show these clubs too much respect in big games.

Possibly a good thing we dont have a game at the weekend. Should give the team a lot of time to get used to each other.

Wish the away game would be a bit closer, as a fact it couldnt be any further away.... Would have loved to go and support the team, but Dingwall is a bit too far for me.