2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

I'll tell you what, just seeing that still there from the video with the new manager and the new players all lined up fills me with confidence that we're at least making a fist of working our way out of this shite.

Onwards & upwards!

LOL My god were none of you around in the Kampmann era evilgrin.gif

• Like 1

Released with pay I'd reckon

Yes, I would be surprised if he walked away with nowt. Seems Mr Hutchison has given us the financial flexibility to really start things afresh under Baraclough in 2015. Leaves us in no doubt now that moving forward this is now Bara's team selections and Bara's training.

Snippet from skysports website.

Motherwell assistant manager Kenny Black has left the club by mutual consent.

Black joined Motherwell as Stuart McCall’s assistant four years ago and was part of the club’s most successful period on the pitch which included a Scottish Cup final in 2011.

Motherwell manager Ian Baraclough told the club's website: “I can have no complaints about Kenny’s professionalism or work since my arrival late last year.

“However, I felt it would be a good time to change things and that a freshness and something different in that role might help us.

“The club is heading in an exciting new direction both on and off the park and we’ll make further announcements in due course.”

Black added: “I understand how football works and accept today’s decision.

“The manager spoke with me earlier this afternoon and everything was and is amicable.

“I want to thank Motherwell FC for the four great years we’ve had together and wish them and the people at Fir Park every success.”

Interested if McCall is wondering if he could have persevered until Les got involved and he would have had a bit of spending power.

Think we'd be fucked if McCall was still manager. Not sure he was 100% into it this season. Actually wanted to touch on this topic more in a new thread but I want to give a bit more thought to what I want to say first

Yes, part of the past, not the future

Never liked the way Black talked up Hearts and encouraged Sutton to go.

Was always going to be working his ticket when he failed to get the permanent managers post.

A manager really needs to pick his supporting cast, so can fully understand todays outcome.

Thanks Kenny, wish you the best.

Think we'd be fucked if McCall was still manager. Not sure he was 100% into it this season. Actually wanted to touch on this topic more in a new thread but I want to give a bit more thought to what I want to say first

I think the entire team and backroom staff lost their edge this season.

I'm sure part of it us psychological. Last season, especially with so many new faces, players had a point to prove and they battled their way to 2nd. This season, I think they lost a bit of drive and whether consciously or unconsciously suffered a bit of "after the Lord Mayor's show" effect.

Even successful teams with large budgets and frequent transfers can struggle to maintain a high level of performance, and without many fresh faces over the summer, we lost our focus.

No doubt a few players resting on their laurels this season too. At the time I thought McCall was a wee bit hasty in resigning, but looking back, think the timing was right for all concerned. It must have been pretty exhausting to try and sustain a level of success with decreasing resources. He might count himself a little unlucky he didn't get access to the new owners coffers, but probably better the new gaffer gets to play with that anyway.