2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Our performances have been so inept, we could sign Ronaldo and Messi and I'd still no be sure about us staying up.

However, Skippy is one of my all time favourite and would welcome his return. Not only for his quality but his character.

Last I read mind you, he was playing in midfield for Millwall.

Never thought I would see the day I could possibly be cheering on McManus, Pearson & skippy in a motherwell team!

If you are over the age of mid teens you should've already cheered on all three of them in a motherwell team at some point in your supporting career.

All in favour of Skippy's return, and makes sense as we were looking to bring in a striker in Jan. Its a number 10 we have been desperately short of this season, having thrown about six different players in there with hardly a goal or assist to show for it. Most notably Ainsworth, Law, OJ and Erwin, none of whom are natural there. As noted above, Skippy has the know how to link our reluctant midfield with our isolated number 9.

There was a time when I never thought I'd be delighted to see this wee prick return to Fir Park, but if he signs for us until the end of the season I WILL be delighted. He left under a cloud and on his return with Celtic reacted to the goading from the Well fans by kissing his manky Cellic badge in front of the East Stand.

That will all be forgotten about though if he manages to score the goals that keep us in the top flight. Hell, our situation is that desperate that I'd welcome Neil Lennon with open arms if I though he could save us.

Two issues though;

1...is he fit?

2...who will make the chances for him to score? With the best will in the World, Sutton has been shite, but he has had no service, what will be different for Skippy?

Anyway, if it goes through it's got to be a positive.

Welcome Back Scott.

• Like 1

Two issues though;

1...is he fit?

2...who will make the chances for him to score? With the best will in the World, Sutton has been shite, but he has had no service, what will be different for Skippy?

1. Yes, according to a Millwall supporting friend he was fit but just not producing goals for them. He reckons that was more down to the supporting cast.

2. Pearson, Johnson and Dom Thomas are all creative enough (I'm basing Johnson on reports from down south, but I don't know how serious his injury is) to get balls to Sutton/McDonald to deliver scoring chances.

As others have mentioned, McDonald is a welcome addition; a proven goalscorer. The thing we need more than anything in the run in is Pearson to get & stay fit and provide us with the link between defense and attack.

The club are certainly doing everything they can to back Barra. Skippy gave us lots of good times previously and will be good to see what he can offer. We really need someone up front with Sutton who will annoy defenders and not let them relax.

Hope it works!

One of these days someone will be able to explain to me what is so upsetting about a guy kissing the badge on the shirt of the team he is playing for. I still don't get it.

I remember the fairly in depth interview Skippy gave on Radio Scotland (I think it was Tam's show) a few years ago, and he had nothing but good words to say about Motherwell and how much he enjoyed his time at Fir Park.

• Like 2

Delighted with this, but not sure where we'd play him; Barraclough seems to favour a 4-2-3-1 formation with 2 holding midfielders and 1 up top. Really hope he ditches that and just goes for a straight 4-4-2 with Skippy & Sutton up front, and Pearson & Lasley in the middle.,,

...and Straker not even on the bench!