2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

I'm now going for 1-0 us on Sat

I understand the 1 but don't understand the 0!

Hopefully McDonald comes in and does a 'Willie Falconer'. 7/8 goals is a bit much to ask but 4/5 goals could be the difference between escape and a whole lot of trouble.

Too much to ask for a 'Mickey Weir' and a retina damaging yellow kit as well?

• Like 1

I assume he still has his petulant streak and we can expect the usual silly bookings and suspensions when we really don't them. He may have changed but I think it's part of the Scott Mcdonald package.

So no different to Ojamaa's petulance, silly bookings and suspensions then? Least McDonald's flaws brings with him goals.

McDonald is easily one of the best players I've ever seen in a Motherwell jersey and on the face of it this is a bit of a coup to get him back.

Players with proven ability like McDonald and Pearson (rather than Straker etc) are the players that we need right now.

I fear it's too late to save us though.

1424966677[/url]' post='433897']

McDonald is easily one of the best players I've ever seen in a Motherwell jersey and on the face of it this is a bit of a coup to get him back.

Players with proven ability like McDonald and Pearson (rather than Straker etc) are the players that we need right now.

I fear it's too late to save us though.

Surely its a standing start over 12 matches, for info, I wasn't there on Saturday

Could potentially be a fantastic signing however an average goal ratio of one in ten at Millwall could be telling.

He still needs players to feed him and that's exactly where we are lacking. If we had effective suppliers Sutton would be banging them in, but we don't. Hope I'm completely wrong, but we don't know how to create chances, we don't get balls in the box and we generally don't know how to play in the final 3rd.

That said, he does have the potential to be the creative spark we're lacking. Saturday will be interesting.

Yeah, he's more of an attacking mid than a striker these days. I can see him perhaps taking on more of an Ojamaa role, sitting just behind Sutton? I'd always seen that as being Erwin's best role, but Skippy's experience could be exactly what we need.

Once Hammell and Pearson are fit, we've got a good spine of experience through the team, including Skippy, Las and Sutton in that.

Think it's pretty clear from his press conference that he's up here to play as a striker.

Thought that was crystal clear as well. He mentioned in 2/3 times at the start of his press conference, which leads me to believe that we will go with 2 up top!

Have to say that the signing of Scott McDonald shows that the club are real serious about trying to stay in the top league. Certainly pulling out all the stops. Just hope that it all clicks into place tomorrow.

I'm actually looking forward to the game tomorrow.