2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Unfortunately McCall can go onto google and type in "South American wonderkids for buttons" like you no doubt do Mak.

However I do believe there is a smidge of merit to your hypothesis, of course any manager wants to see who they opted for reflect well on them as it buys them kudos with the board and fans. Even more so in our league in these days of limited budgets.

We've all witnessed players going through a rough patch and managers persevering on what they achieved elsewhere along their pricetag (Fernando Torres being a prime example) or with a sprinkling of nepotism (John Davies). However I suspect most managers know they will lose a dressing room if they continually play someone ahead of others who deserve it more plus players will soon revolt if they feel they are having to take up the slack for a non-performing team mate.

However any credibility I gave you evaporated when you suggested we just sell Hutch in January and play Cummins. Firstly you naively presume that there was a willing and orderly queue of suitors, recall his form wasn't the best for a period just before the window and finally his presence in the team over Cummins I think contributed to the extra 250k we secured and outweighed what anyone was ever going to pay for him.

You just proved that Motherwell is a village and you're the prime candidate for its least sought after public office.

• Like 2

Was talking hypothetically using Cummins as an example although in hindsight Kerr could have been used to make a better example. I don't care, I come here post some amount of complete and utter shite, sometime make a bit of a point and it winds people up, probably cause I can post more shite than they can, who knows?

The abuse I have took on here is unwarranted, I kinda switch off to anything Motherwell related now and see it my way, not the way of a Motherwell fan because as I learned after coming on here for the first time a large percentage of Motherwell fans are complete and utter arseholes.

• Like 3

Regardless of who you suggested the premise was naive and bore no relation to how the club can/does conduct it's business.

The get out of jail card of "I was just at the wind up" after you've been exposed is well used and transparent.

As for trolling, and getting abuse for it .... mate, so you should. Nothing up with a tongue in cheek comment once and a while but a lot of the stuff you convey opens you to ridicule as I suspect you really do believe it even though you claim its just to get a reaction.

However, I will agree that a lot on hear are predisposed to give you a harder time than most, however you have to appreciate that you've contributed to that.

Finally with respect to most Motherwell fans being arseholes, yes definitely, and I count myself among them as you should, just some of us are bigger ones than others.

End of the day we all have views, as i said I have distanced myself a bit from the well support and see things from a different point of view, my logic and way of explaining things might be a bit off but at the end of the day it does not warrant some of the stuff posted on here. some of it was not only aimed at me but my family who have fuck all to do with anything! I have been tempted over the years to show what kind of idiot I am and do something like crash the site but really, I have got way better things to be doing with my time... saying that though i do find myself on here now and again so i cant have that much to be doing

I think you'll find it was the authorities that distanced you from Motherwell and football in general, for being a complete and utter welt. Being barred from going doesn't leave you much of a choice other than "distance".

And as for being tempted to show what kind of idiot you are.... I think the bother you got into for stalking one of the most rancid hounds i've ever seen in my life, and then posting scuddy photos of her on here and genuinely giving everyone the boke....took care of that a long time ago.

Come on guys- I know it's pre-season and there's not a lot to talk about on here but give this a rest. I would imagine it makes most normal people uncomfortable.

Our beloved fatcalf is championing his new "Daft Laddie" brand at the moment and it's a shame to come on here to see someone who fits that description being slaughtered on a daily basis by guys who are (or should be) older and wiser.

I'm in no way defending some of the things that makaveli has said or done but at the end of the day he's a young 'Well fan and is entitled to post his own brand of shite on here as we all do so cut him some slack (or ignore him) and move on.

Sorry to drag this off topic, but has anyone came or went at Fir Park that I've not heard yet?

• Like 7

Sorry to drag this off topic, but has anyone came or went at Fir Park that I've not heard yet?

When Stephen McManus re-signed earlier in the week, Stuart McCall mentioned that he expected to see some other out of contract players do likewise in the coming days. No news yet but I hope we hear soon. When that happens it should clear some of the current clouds of uncertainty and clarify exactly who is stalling or moving on. Then SM & KB can move to target any players on their list.

This year I'd like to see a reasonably settled squad in time for Euro preparations.

I think that will happen Dave.

I would hope that Hammell and Lasley are fairly straightforward. My Q marks are over Faddy, Hutch + Reid. Would want all 3 to stay, but it depends on what the club offer or in the case of Hutchy what he is offered by other clubs.

The other big Q is over McHugh, Cummins and 1 or both Goalies. I think the first 2 are best to move on and we probably want to move a goalie on. I maybe wrong but I suspect if the boss could choose he would opt for Gunnar to go over Hollis, but as he still has another year on his contract it may come down to whether we can move him on.

The other HUGE Q mark is whether someone comes in for McCall?? He has worked miracles, but almost seems unfashionable. McNamara touted for Blackpool, yet he has not achived anything like the success or consistency of McCall in the top league. I hope it stays this way however..

I assume this is down to the media's portrayal of Dundee United playing 'sexy' football. Yes, they've been very impressive at times (particularly at our expense) but they've been very poor at times also. Our consistency has gained us more points and a higher league placing but we've not been making exciting headlines.

I assume this is down to the media's portrayal of Dundee United playing 'sexy' football. Yes, they've been very impressive at times (particularly at our expense) but they've been very poor at times also. Our consistency has gained us more points and a higher league placing but we've not been making exciting headlines.

Agree with this. Also the fact that Dundee Utd seem to have an impressive array of young 'through the ranks' players, however the groundwork for that was obviously laid a long time before Pep McNamara arrived. The longer the English football media ignore McCall, the better !

I think you're right re McCall, can't see him going anywhere for at least the next 12 months. By that time, he'll hopefully have brought us some silverware and he can leave on a high with the fans' blessing.....As long as it's not Hunsville..

Impressed when Strachan on Sunday, when asked whether Blackpool might come in for McCall after being knocked back by McNamara, said "He's better than Blackpool".

And I think that, together with the fact he enjoys working here, might mean we keep McCall a bit longer. Having knocked back Sheffield Utd, a club he had a great deal of affection for, seems to me that he's only going to move for a really good job. And given Malky Mackay, Steve Clarke, Chris Hughton and Tim Sherwood are all out of work, chances of him being offered a decent championship job are slim...

Also on BBC 'Former players Henrik Larsson, John Sutton and Morten Wieghorst are among the contenders to replace Johan Mjallby as assistant manager at Celtic. (Daily Mail)' facepalm.gif

Clearly picking up on the Superscoreboard callers for their news that was Monday night I think dash2.gif more lazy journalism, we need to report on Scottish Football let's tune in to one of their radio phone ins and use the opinions of some eejit as the basis for it

I don't normally listen to Clyde but I heard that on Monday. Not only was it admitted as complete speculation, it was a wee boy and about Chris Sutton. It somehow seems to have become news with the wrong name. Journalists are actually getting paid for this crap and papers are publishing it.

Clearly picking up on the Superscoreboard callers for their news that was Monday night I think dash2.gif more lazy journalism, we need to report on Scottish Football let's tune in to one of their radio phone ins and use the opinions of some eejit as the basis for it

It is the daily mail - what do you expect??

Only good for it's free lego promos and for drying out wet football boots!

I was a fan of big Chris, but a Porter/Sutton strike force would not fill me with confidence.

I agree that Porter's time has come and gone but remember they did have six months in the same team together before Porter left. Soccerbase suggests Porter scored 9 and Sutton 5 during that spell which, when you had also Clarkson in the equation chipping in with 6 goal they aren't the worst returns.

But yeah it's a bit of a moot point, a modern day Sutton-Porter partnership isn't likely to happen any time soon I would imagine.