2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Big scouse is good lad, the finger out comment came after we'd been chatting most of the night, all in context. The problem with him not playing at Dundee was Brown signed him and his loan was until the end of the playoffs. Hartley came in and he wasn't one of 'his'

Utter drivel, who told you that ? The player himself?

Neither Brown nor Hartley rated him , once they worked with him, hence hardly any football played since Jan.

He went there as part of the deal with McHugh, but as we all know that fell foul of ludicrous legislation.

He did himself no favours at Dundee with his big time attitude and was found out by 2, not just1, coaches.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him released in the next few weeks.

Jeez one penalty save and Gunnar "shows promise". Very much a confidence player and also crucially got a year to run. He'll stay mostly for financial/contractual reasons, however I suspect McCall looking at him as a backup opposed to a starter, not what I'm sure he hoped would be the situation last summer.

If he can a) attract Gordon or MacDonald, b) afford them and c) ensure injuries are limited, then he could be onto a winner. I expect his predisposition for caution with 'c' in the back of his mind, knowing it could result in Gunnar in goal for an extended period again and (if Gordon) a chunk of our limited funds paying for a guy who could be sporting crutches before the end of August.

Hollis for me never did anything overly to justify his detractors, his physical presence and command of the 18 yard box isn't a patch on Ruddy or Randolph but few can deny we were spoiled with them. He came into regular starts after years of warming benches, I find it strange how most on here will give Erwin, Leitch etc. the benefit of the doubt but Hollis is expected to be razor sharp immediately. When budgets are tight and I imagine his salary isn't too hefty, I think it may be sacrificed to be put towards that of someone whom McCall has a bit more confidence in.

As for the defence, I and others on here have said they can't see many weak links if Ramsden is fully fit, I may have to reach for my tin hat but Hammell was guilty of quite a few errors that cost us a number of goals this season. But again there are other factors such as confidence in the guy behind you and not being exposed by the midfield. If we could find a left sided player who can step into the middle if required then I'd be happy as ZFA doesn't inspire me.

I can only hope Vigurs decides to stay on late during pre-season and do a few more runs up the steps at the Strathy and Lawson clicks that he's supposed to pass to the guys in C&A.

Have we had anyone in the past few years who we can genuinely say has improved in ability and stature to expectation or just plateaued. I'm not looking for the next McCarthy, its just I've read others think that happened with Hutch and there a danger it could with Carswell. Jack Leitch is getting plenty of plaudits at present but is that more hope than anything else?

• Like 1

Utter drivel, who told you that ? The player himself?

Neither Brown nor Hartley rated him , once they worked with him, hence hardly any football played since Jan.

He went there as part of the deal with McHugh, but as we all know that fell foul of ludicrous legislation.

He did himself no favours at Dundee with his big time attitude and was found out by 2, not just1, coaches.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him released in the next few weeks.

So we will be paying up his contract then? Cannae see us doing that with anyone

Jeez one penalty save and Gunnar "shows promise". Very much a confidence player and also crucially got a year to run. He'll stay mostly for financial/contractual reasons, however I suspect McCall looking at him as a backup opposed to a starter, not what I'm sure he hoped would be the situation last summer.

Hollis for me never did anything overly to justify his detractors, his physical presence and command of the 18 yard box isn't a patch on Ruddy or Randolph but few can deny we were spoiled with them. When budgets are tight and I imagine his salary isn't too hefty, I think it may be sacrificed to be put towards that of someone whom McCall has a bit more confidence in.

As for the defence, I and others on here have said they can't see many weak links if Ramsden is fully fit, I may have to reach for my tin hat but Hammell was guilty of quite a few errors that cost us a number of goals this season. But again there are other factors such as confidence in the guy behind you and not being exposed by the midfield. If we could find a left sided player who can step into the middle if required then I'd be happy as ZFA doesn't inspire me.

I don't agree with you about Lee Hollis, but do on the other points you make. Good post.

I was prepared to give Lee a chance but he has never inspired me with confidence. Even at Pittodrie last Sunday he looked very shaky at times, although fortunately nothing came of his errors. His distribution in the first part of the game, culminating in that throw out directly to an Aberdeen player meant that my heart was in my mouth. That could easily have resulted in the loss of an early goal and our game plan would have been blown before it had hardly started.

Your take on the goalkeeping situation is probably right. I'd be surprised if Stuart McCall doesn't retain Gunnar as back up and brings in a new keeper.

Rangers have made contact with out-of-contract Motherwell defender Shaun Hutchinson, as manager Ally McCoist steps up his summer signing plans. Full story: Scottish Sun (print edition)

I hope Shaun has a look at Nicky Law's form this season. According to my Rangers pals, he started off as their star player, then slowly drifted backwards to mediocrity. I think posters here will all agree that Shaun's last season at Fir Park has not been his best. I think he needs a new challenge to develop himself further. That surely can't be The Scottish Championship.

I hope Shaun is offered options - hate to see another good player go downhill.

So we will be paying up his contract then? Cannae see us doing that with anyone

That's a very valid point. I was a bit annoyed about the original post as I feel the player was in denial

're the real reason for not featuring @ Dens and forgot he was still under contract.

If he doesn't get moved on he is going to have to produce the mother of all pre seasons at Well as imho

he must be behind the likes of Reid, Kerr and Murray now.

I was prepared to give Lee a chance but he has never inspired me with confidence. Even at Pittodrie last Sunday he looked very shaky at times, although fortunately nothing came of his errors. His distribution in the first part of the game, culminating in that throw out directly to an Aberdeen player meant that my heart was in my mouth.

Which wasn't entirely his fault -- the guy he was supposed to be throwing it to (was it McManus? can't remember) turned his back on him as he threw it out, which isn't something a defender should ever be doing when his goalkeeper is about to dispatch the ball.

1400323131[/url]' post='412404']

Which wasn't entirely his fault -- the guy he was supposed to be throwing it to (was it McManus? can't remember) turned his back on him as he threw it out, which isn't something a defender should ever be doing when his goalkeeper is about to dispatch the ball.

Kerr

My Hibee mate says I am but that's a different story! In stature Hibs are the bigger club, who will offer more money and better facilities! They are a big city club and can offer something either of the old firm can't. Sign for Hibs you might not be on big bucks but you won't get tarred with a label.. Hutchy proves himself at Hibs it shows clubs down south he's ready to make that jump... something he can't do at a club with the stature of Motherwell. Didn't think you would need to take off the claret and amber goggles to see that!

Who has recently left Hibs and went down south with any success?

Gary O' Con... oh

Derek Riod... ah.

Kevin Thomp...shit.

Gary O' Con... oh

Derek Riod... ah.

Kevin Thomp...shit.

TBF, the first 2 on that list had the talent - unfortunately, they are complete bangers (even by footballing IQ standards).

Gary O' Con... oh

Derek Riod... ah.

Kevin Thomp...shit.

steven fletcher and david murphy have done well.

not one of those players went directly from hibs to england either.

Gary O' Con... oh

Derek Riod... ah.

Kevin Thomp...shit.

Gary O'Connor - Done for dealing

Derek Riordan - where to even start or begin with him

Kevin Thompson - I actually forgot all about him he's that shit

No team can be accountable for that... like saying players can't pass through Motherwell and go on to better things because players

Esteban Casagolda

Omar Daley

Stephen Hughes

Bob Malcolm

etc

have came through Motherwell

The likes of Anthony Stokes and as already mentioned Stephen Fletcher.

Didn't Andy Goram play for them?

• Like 1