2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Big scouse is good lad, the finger out comment came after we'd been chatting most of the night, all in context. The problem with him not playing at Dundee was Brown signed him and his loan was until the end of the playoffs. Hartley came in and he wasn't one of 'his'

With Noah Dosser on this one, but Cummins was absolute dross for Dundee, looked scared and almost incapable to get up and head a ball.

I see Scott Allan has been released by WBA. Boy was a real talent.

We are well stocked in Midfield but would be a decent signing if we could.

In a heartbeat, absolutely take if we had any chance.

Quite sad but if it wasn't Faddy then I don't think any of us would've been as patient with his performances in a Motherwell shirt this season.

Would be a sickener if he signs for a rival, gets over this seasons injuries and then starts to turn it on!

McCall obviously thinks the budget can be better spent elsewhere.

Given his end-of-season performances, I doubt he will be inundated with offers from SPL clubs. Really was a shadow of himself and just didn't look like he had the 'legs' anymore. Good luck wherever you end up Faddy, thanks for the memories. Always a legend :notworthy:

So who dumped who? Press release to me reads as if we said thanks but your free to go??

Yip Stall that's what I take from the release - McCall clearly feels the money could be spent more wisely to strengthen other areas of the team.

Pretty much confirmed by Kenny Black..

“He had a meeting with Stuart McCall at the weekend and the position is that we are not able to offer him a new contract.

My link

So who dumped who? Press release to me reads as if we said thanks but your free to go??

Yeah seems that way although I'm sure he would have been offered a contract on reduced terms. Pretty gutted to see him go despite the stop start form hes had, would liked to have seen him play for 'Well in Europe at least once.

Yep, not the worst return to Fir Park he could have had by any stretch of the imagination, but you have to say probably it's the right decision. A bit better performance in the cups and we might have had enough in the kitty to keep him, but it's not like he adds a thousand to the crowd every week, and to be honest, it's hard to even pinpoint too many games where you can really say he gave us the extra spark or made the killer pass that turned a game, which is what we were all hoping for when he returned. (Which isn't to say he didn't make valuable contributions in other ways, he's just not really that kind of player any more.)

Undoubtedly still an absolute pleasure to watch on his day, but all good things must come to an end.

Sad of course but I'm with others in that its the right decision. Good luck to him wherever he ends up. Stuart McCall has a limited budget and he obviously feels the money can be put to better effect in another part of the team. He will know what personnel changes he wishes to make for the coming campaign.

Sad to see him go but glad this hasn't dragged out all Summer and we know the position early.

Seems like McCall's strategy of earlier contract offers (and terminations) and hard deadlines for responses this season is up and running.

At least we don't have the dilemma of how to get the best from him with no real pace in the midfield. Ojamaa,Higdon and Law were crucial to his good run last season. This season has been bitty at best. Quite glad he's gone on a high note and there won't be a pantomime next season.

Good luck 'himself'

Wonder if our new General Manager has had any influence over this ...

I don't think so. It was pre-split when McCall said in an interview that they would be taking the new approach so he had a firm idea of his squad as early as possible.