2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

cray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gif

Don't mind admitting I am a little upset at this news.

Do I think he did enough this season to warrant another year - not really.

Do I think he is a great fan of the club and got us the most money since Uncle Phil - yes I do.

I wish him all the very best. Probably one of the few former players were he to return would get a hero's welcome whatever.

• Like 1

Unfortunately for both parties, I think injuries really have finished Faddy playing at any type of competitive level. He has offers in the MLS and hopefully he gets sorted out with one, the way game is played there will suit him to a tee. It was sad to see at times last season. The brain is still there, the vision, the touch, the audicity, but the legs won't let him produce the magic on a remotely regular basis anymore.

I wonder if we'll use some of the freed up cash to play Dom Thomas. He seems to be the creative spark in the U20s, but the fee we owe Celtic might have prevented his appearance in the first team.

As with most of the comments above I think this has to be a sad but strong decision. Hard to know what his salary expectations were but difficult to justify him being at the top earning bracket never mind way above it.

Still have a nagging feeling he could sort out his fitness and produce a couple of good years at a decent level. Football is full of late and surprising comebacks from players with genuine quality, and a good few Scots spring to mind. Really hope it happens for him.

:notworthy:

cray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gif

Don't mind admitting I am a little upset at this news.

Do I think he did enough this season to warrant another year - not really.

Do I think he is a great fan of the club and got us the most money since Uncle Phil - yes I do.

I wish him all the very best. Probably one of the few former players were he to return would get a hero's welcome whatever.

Pretty much agree with this.

I think the sadness is that he didn't quite live up to not just his first spell at the club but the beginning of the second spell where I thought he was superb.

Unfortunately injury took its toll on him and we probably couldn't justify spending that amount of money for the end return.

When McCall says "We have five different options in that position and need to utilise the budget in other areas of the squad" it's pretty clear that the signing of Anier on a longer term contract has meant McFadden was no longer affordable.

Hard hat on here.

Now that Falkirk and Dunfermline have failed in the play-offs it may be worthwhile seeing if they have anybody that could make the step-up to SPFL level. Same goes for the Accies should they fail to best Hibs.

The lower divisions were traditionally a decent source for players in the past and there might just be a couple of rough gems lurking there.

Stevie Hammell on twitter saying he's 'absolutely gutted' Faddy won't be with us next year.

I hope Faddys departure doesn't have a negative effect on other guys wanting to stay, he is clearly a very popular member of the squad. Agree with others though, it was the correct decision to let him go, he will always be a legend.. My absolute idol when I was younger - had that daft red Mohawk every time I went to Fir Park!

Thanks for the memories Faddy!

Stevie Hammell on twitter saying he's 'absolutely gutted' Faddy won't be with us next year.

I hope Faddys departure doesn't have a negative effect on other guys wanting to stay, he is clearly a very popular member of the squad. Agree with others though, it was the correct decision to let him go, he will always be a legend.. My absolute idol when I was younger - had that daft red Mohawk every time I went to Fir Park!

Thanks for the memories Faddy!

I think that's largely down to him Faddy & Las, the 3 amigos

Think Faddy has been offered a lower wage and has knocked it back and that's that.

Certainly never hit the heights of last season and a club our size couldn't keep paying him that kind of salary.

End of the day with Faddy in the squad we have finished second in the league two seasons in a row so he has certainly not came back to the club and not performed.

Just don't think he has hit a level that Motherwell can say that he justifys the monthly wage.

Hopefully he gets a career in America that lasts a few years.

Sorry to see him go,didn't really work out this season tho,genuinely the most exciting scottish player of his generation in my opinion.as for the five players in his position time will tell but don't see shagger doin much next season!

Hard hat on here.

Now that Falkirk and Dunfermline have failed in the play-offs it may be worthwhile seeing if they have anybody that could make the step-up to SPFL level. Same goes for the Accies should they fail to best Hibs.

The lower divisions were traditionally a decent source for players in the past and there might just be a couple of rough gems lurking there.

Completely agree with this Reid has not looked out of place and Saunders had a Scotland call up before his injury, coming from queens park. Dundee Utd in particular have been good at this ( Roberston this season , Gomis a couple of seasons ago are two that spring to mind) and I've seen Scougall who was at livingston ,now at Sheffield utd, play and he is a cracking player as well. I think Mcnulty also of Livingstone is going that way ( or may already have) so there is talent down there.

1400527380[/url]' post='412567']

Antone else think the 5 McCall mentioned are Sutton, anier, aainsworth, Moore and McHugh. That's stronger looking

Lee Erwin has battled back from a cruciate injury to be back in contention for the first team too. So if anyone was to drop out of that list it would probably be Bob or Ainsworth.

Completely agree with the above.

From what I've seen, Lee Erwin is one of the brightest prospects in the U20's. So sidelining him at the expense of persisting with McHugh and a right winger through the middle doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

As I say from what I've seen from the U20's Erwin along with Thomas seem to be the two best prospects and one of the positives I can see in Faddy leaving is that we get to see the next set of Fir Park youngsters take up the mantle.

One of my biggest hopes for next season(outside of a decent cup run!) is that we get to see the likes of Leitch, Erwin, Thomas etc. progressing and getting some game time.

And long term who knows, maybe these boys could be worth money to the club just like Faddy was all those years ago.

Completely agree with this Reid has not looked out of place and Saunders had a Scotland call up before his injury, coming from queens park. Dundee Utd in particular have been good at this ( Roberston this season , Gomis a couple of seasons ago are two that spring to mind) and I've seen Scougall who was at livingston ,now at Sheffield utd, play and he is a cracking player as well. I think Mcnulty also of Livingstone is going that way ( or may already have) so there is talent down there.

Coll Donaldson also went down south from Livingston during the window and as you say McNulty looks like he's going to Sheffield Utd.

Accies have a few good players - Darian McKinnion and Tony Andreu for starters. Morton had an appalling season and I've not seen him play this term but I've always been impressed with Fred Bachirou when I've seen him in the past.

I hear a lot of good things about Andy Geggan at Dunfermline but I've not seen him. Also heard good things about the lad McGrandles at Falkirk.

Sad to see Faddy go but the return for the money this season just wasnt there. He could get a better pre season behind him in the summer and may not be so injury prone next season but with our budget thats just too much of a risk especially if the directors are not sponsoring his wages anymore.

I hope its not the end of the road for him but I also hope he doesnt go to another scottish club. Seeing him play against us would be horrible especially if it was for sevco.

Gary Mackay-Stevens was plucked from a pretty poor second division Airdrie team.

You're not wrong, but he's the exception for me, and not the rule. Every year there's the claim that there are great players are lower levels, and every year and example of a single player is held up as proof. Yes, Mackay-Steven, yes Gomis, yes Robertson etc. etc., but folk seem convinced that the lower leagues are full of wee gems, when generally, they're a bunch of jobbers who can't hack it at a higher level.

Sad to see McFadden go but probably the right decision. Never blessed with pace, injuries have taken their toll. Did he contribute? Particularly last season, yes. Did he provide value for money? Probably not but there were real moments that will live with me. Three stick out..

The 2-1 win over Celtic last season. He sprinted back from the opposition half when someone was down injured to have a word with Randolph who was about to take a goal kick. Two minutes later, Randolph drops said goal kick on McFadden's head who flicks it on to Law. 1-0 Motherwell. Knowing he had the beating of Matthews in the air he could see the opportunity...

His first goal on his return against Hibs. From our seats in the back row 25 yards from the Cooper, as soon as he cut in, we just sensed it coming. Almost like against Dundee all those years ago...

His goal against Partick at Firhill. Not so much for the goal, but for his reaction afterwards. Having scored for Scotland, at Old Trafford for Everton and in a Scottish Cup semi for us. Yet he still had that joy in scoring a goal. Given what he's done in his career, he could easily have been blasé about goals against these types of teams. But that joy at a win, at a goal, is a mark of the man's desire to play and to win...

I'm glad he came back, sorry it couldn't have been for longer and it couldn't have involved a cup win. A guy with his natural ability should have at least one medal to show for it.

Thanks, James...

• Like 4