2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Lasley not signing on yet seems strange. Thought he'd have been the first announcement to be honest.

Totally expected him at latest to have signed before the early bird deadline for season tickets. Hopefully just tying up a few loose ends and it'll be a done deal this week.

Fitbaw is nuts!

The guys worth nothing near that.

In English footballing terms that's a pittance though, which is what he's worth in the English game I guess. He'd be a fool not to see that contract out unless someone is stupid enough to offer him something similar.

My wee source in Lanarkshire tells me Leitch will be here next season a contract is about to be signed. Ainsworth is weighing up a couple of options.

Not getting any news 're Murray which is worrying, as whether he is good enough for the spfl is a moot point, but it appears if he leaves the club are not in a position to claim development compensation. When evey pound is a prisoner even a small fee would help. This follows a trend of allowing players to leave for free while other clubs seem to be able to get money for players surplus to requirements.

Not getting any news 're Murray which is worrying, as whether he is good enough for the spfl is a moot point, but it appears if he leaves the club are not in a position to claim development compensation. When evey pound is a prisoner even a small fee would help.

As he is 20 years of age why would we not receive a fee if he moves to another club? Has he been freed?

is it not the case that we have to offer a contract in order to be due compensation?

I'm not too happy at the potential loss of Murray, he and Erwin signed deals at the same time, it was later revealed Erwins was a three year deal, yet nothing on Murray?

big lad was stand out whenever I watched him, be it preseason or reserves, sure he had a setback, but came back and never put a foot wrong when asked by McCall.

I'm still hoping he was on a longer deal and is just on a summer break, wouldn't like to lose all the development years for nothing

Bit surprised about Lasley and Leitch to be honest. Ainsworth i suppose is entitled now to look for the best deal, and Hutchies agent is hooring him to every team in the championship, which again, is fair enough.

Not long after the Aberdeen game, Las said in an interview that the offer had been made and there were just a few details to be looked at. So hopefully that is still the case.

is it not the case that we have to offer a contract in order to be due compensation?

I'm not too happy at the potential loss of Murray, he and Erwin signed deals at the same time, it was later revealed Erwins was a three year deal, yet nothing on Murray?

big lad was stand out whenever I watched him, be it preseason or reserves, sure he had a setback, but came back and never put a foot wrong when asked by McCall.

I'm still hoping he was on a longer deal and is just on a summer break, wouldn't like to lose all the development years for nothing

100% he was on a 2 year deal. If no offer has been made he will walk for nothing, which is bordering on utter nonsense. As I said earlier for a club in our financial position even a 10 or 20 grand fee would be helpful.

I have no definite word but as I posted I have not heard any news about a contract for him which I find very strange.

Who would be willing to pay a development fee for him though? Do we therefore not offer him a contract as the likelihood is he would accept it and maybe McCall doesn't think he's worth it?

Potentially a similar situation to Hateley where we couldn't afford to offer him a contract despite being eligible for a development fee.

I'll be pleased if we get Leitch on a 2 year deal and sort out the Thomas situation.

I think the difficulty on the Murray situation is that the development fee would be based on the contract he is offered, so the bigger the contract we offer, the bigger thee we receive. However, the flip side to that is the bigger the contract we offer, the more likely he is to sign it.

Who would be willing to pay a development fee for him though? Do we therefore not offer him a contract as the likelihood is he would accept it and maybe McCall doesn't think he's worth it?

Potentially a similar situation to Hateley where we couldn't afford to offer him a contract despite being eligible for a development fee.

I'll be pleased if we get Leitch on a 2 year deal and sort out the Thomas situation.

Leitch has an offer and will be here, I'm also told Thomas has signed a deal as well.

're the compensation thing I agree that there are a few factors to consider but I get fed up with players leaving the club, if indeed Murray is going, without any money coming in. Even a thousand or 2 would help paying for some of the maintenance needed close season.

I see that one of the football rumour sites is suggesting that Kevin McNaughton of Cardiff and ex-Aberdeen right back is on his way to Fir Park. He's 31 and has spent all of last season on loan at Bolton. Rumour site suggesting that Cardiff will sign Alan Hutton (also on loan at Bolton from Aston Villa) to replace him. However as McNaughton's contract runs until next summer it looks like a real long shot to me?

Any views?

Ramsden, Angol and Lawson could fill those positions but will they be good enough and will they last the whole season? If we have enough of the budget left for one more player I think that a speedy winger would be what we really need.