2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

We've just signed Craig Reid as a right back, and have Kerr and Ramsden who can play there too.

Didn't the same thing happened last year when we had Angol, Vigurs who could play left mid and we signed McFadden

Didn't the same thing happened last year when we had Angol, Vigurs who could play left mid and we signed McFadden

All 3 of them are flexible though, McFadden prefers to play up front, Angol can play left back and Vigurs can play in central midfield.

I think we're pretty well covered at right back.

the 3 players you mention are all totally different footballers

McNaughton wont sign for us, he is under contract and a team with more money than we have will be more than happy to take him on if he agrees a deal with Cardiff

the 3 players you mention are all totally different footballers

McNaughton wont sign for us, he is under contract and a team with more money than we have will be more than happy to take him on if he agrees a deal with Cardiff

Agree with you although, at the time though when McCall brought in Vigurs and Lawson I can't be the only one that thought that he was going to play Vigurs left mid and Lawson centre mid. I know Angol can LB, Hammell had that position covered and with Angol proving he's a more than competent left mid player you would have thought it would have been between Vigurs and Angol for left midfield with Angol being able to cover for Hammell if he became injured or suspended. At that point of time McFadden had been playing as a left mid for his previous teams since he departed Motherwell. So my point still stands...

Last season we had a player that could play Left Midfield, we then brought in Vigurs as McCall thought he was more suitable. Then McFadden became a free agent and a lot of people going oh bring back Faddy etc we brought him in as what was simply a luxury. Not that I'm criticising him coming back... I loved seeing him in Claret and Amber again and was still eager to see if he would find his spark again but it still didn't justify bringing him back when we pretty much covered.

So many questions but I'll stick with one,

who did McFadden play for the season before last?

Sunderland then us... my point being when he joined he wasn't needed he was just signed because James McFadden.... had it been any other player no one would have blinked an eyelid.

As I said though, as much as it was nice to see him in claret and amber again. There was no need to sign him... Probably find McCall wouldn't have signed him if there wasn't as much pressure from the fans.

• Like 1

Sunderland then us... my point being when he joined he wasn't needed he was just signed because James McFadden.... had it been any other player no one would have blinked an eyelid.

As I said though, as much as it was nice to see him in claret and amber again. There was no need to sign him... Probably find McCall wouldn't have signed him if there wasn't as much pressure from the fans.

Or from internally. I am quite sure the club thought we may see a wee boost in season ticket sales and attendances. But it did not materialise.

Q is would we have kept Kalum Higginbotham if Faddy had not signed. Bit of an ar*e but by far and away Thistle best player towards the end of last season.

I for one was happy to see Faddy back in claret and amber. Wish him well....

Anybody concerned Las hasn't signed yet,maybe he's been offered a year instead of two and is weighing up his options. Said he was due to sign shortly when I spoke to him last Friday still no news

He was part of a team that finished 2nd two years in a row....

Or from internally. I am quite sure the club thought we may see a wee boost in season ticket sales and attendances. But it did not materialise.

Q is would we have kept Kalum Higginbotham if Faddy had not signed. Bit of an ar*e but by far and away Thistle best player towards the end of last season.

I for one was happy to see Faddy back in claret and amber. Wish him well....

I like Faddy, wasn't saying I was against him.. Loved seeing him back in Claret and Amber. Although if they were nameless players I would've kept Higginbotham (who I totally forgot about) over Faddy. Suppose it was a risk at the time worth taking, as if Faddy found half of his old form he would have been some asset to the team. Could see him at Hibs though.. Championship could very sadly be his level next season

Anyone else slightly worried that Lasley hasn't signed yet?

No. Looks like they're drip feeding the signings to keep the feelgood factor going. Keith re-signing will probably coincide with another push on season tickets.

• Like 1

No. Looks like they're drip feeding the signings to keep the feelgood factor going. Keith re-signing will probably coincide with another push on season tickets.

Obviously a 'feel good factor' is important to season ticket sales, but I wonder if there are actually folk out there whose season ticket renewals are hinging solely on Lasley being here.

• Like 1

Obviously a 'feel good factor' is important to season ticket sales, but I wonder if there are actually folk out there whose season ticket renewals are hinging solely on Lasley being here.

I don't even understand football, I just fucking love Keith Lasley,I definitely won't be back if he's not there.

• Like 1