2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

They'll be breathing a sigh of relief they missed out on Kenny Miller.

Boyd would have scored a barrel load in our team from 2 seasons ago, but not sure he would be as well suited to our current squad.

I don't buy the Kris Boyd thing. Yes he's a clever player and can score goals, but he can't have that many years left at this level surely? Would rather find a gem like Ojamma, and develop him.

He is only 30 and could be knocking 20+ a year in for someone for a few years yet I reckon.

granpa was saying tonight that Gunning is leaving united... never said where to though.

does he have a team lined up?

if not is he worth a punt? would make a good replacement for hutch

edit... see its already been mentioned hes off to sheffield

If Boyd to United is true then they will have some attacking threat next season with Ciftci, Armstrong, Dow, McKay-Steven, Gauld and Boyd.

Beyond what we have, and going by what Flow said in the BBC interview regarding McCall, I reckon we will see one or two new players, one may be Ainsworth but my gut feeling is one more beyond that as well.

I'd like some news on Hollis. At this point I thought he'd be out of contract but no official word. Surely we won't have 3 goalkeepers next season (4 if the youngster is still in the mix).

If Boyd to United is true then they will have some attacking threat next season with Ciftci, Armstrong, Dow, McKay-Steven, Gauld and Boyd.......I'd like some news on Hollis. At this point I thought he'd be out of contract but no official word. Surely we won't have 3 goalkeepers next season (4 if the youngster is still in the mix).

If United go with that strikeforce, they can't and won't play them all at the same time. Apart from that it'll cost them, so they'd better produce the goods in terms of trophies.

Yes, our goalkeeping position is unclear and we won't go with 3 keepers.

if theyve no manager who is doing the deal? Lawell?

he's a fantastic player and i think McCall alluded to it at one point when asked if he could have any player in the SPFL who would it be, and the reply was Ciftci- but if I were a Utd fan, I actually think they will be better off with Boyd IF the rest of the talented guys hang around. Much like Higdon having Henrik, Law, Faddy and Humphrey

If Kris Boyd is given the service he will score goals for fun

if theyve no manager who is doing the deal? Lawell?

Lennon wasn't really identifying targets at Celtic. Their scouts do a lot of the work. I'm told they see him, like Wanyama and Hooper, as someone they can buy cheap and if he has a couple of good seasons, sell on to the EPL...

Great shape but boring tongue.gif

Unlike last summer the players we have re-signed are either starting their careers or in the case of Lasley, Hammell and McManus winding their careers down. That is NOT a slight as all 3 were v good for us last year and there is no reason they will not be again next season.

Last summer we had a team of players that had the potential to play for bigger clubs and earn more. Ojamma, Randolph, Humphrey, Higdon & Law etc.

The only two that fall into that bracket this summer are Hutch and Ainsworth. And guess what the likely outcomes there will be. Hutch is off but I suspect Ainsworth may be also depending on offers he receives.

We have Josh Law and Twardzik and maybe one or two others. But that will be that in terms of new blood. You would hope that will give us good start in terms of preparation.

United are actively looking to hoover up the best young talent in Scotland. I suspect this will continue to pay dividends in terms of transfer fees but whether they are too young to compete consistently - time will tell. I suspect this also has something to do with the wealthy fans that cleared United debts in return for share in future transfer fees. A road we may end up going down......