2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

I think if you were to ignore who the poster is, you might just think he was on to something. Two year deals are a frustration to me aswell.

I agree that two year deals are frustrating, but responded to that player being on a 3 year deal that could expire just when he proves himself

its been explained quite a few times at events why the club cannot budget on three year deals at this level.

one of the main reasons is no cash reserve, or millionaire to provide security

imagine if all the senior players had been on 3 year deals when Rangers went bust.

almost guaranteed it would have led to an insolvency event for us. as budgets couldnt have been cut enough

I agree that two year deals are frustrating, but responded to that player being on a 3 year deal that could expire just when he proves himself

its been explained quite a few times at events why the club cannot budget on three year deals at this level.

one of the main reasons is no cash reserve, or millionaire to provide security

imagine if all the senior players had been on 3 year deals when Rangers went bust.

almost guaranteed it would have led to an insolvency event for us. as budgets couldnt have been cut enough

That's it. We have absolutely no way of predicting our playing budget for the following year never mind 3 years down the line. It would be madness to offer contracts that we can't guarantee.

OK, I'll be the one to ask the question. How long do we wait on Ainsworth before moving on to other targets?

I presume he was given a deadline the same as all the others with offers on the table.

who said we were still waiting?

The fact that we seem to have done the rest of our business so early this summer would suggest that we were looking for early clarification in order to help preparation. We may have other targets lined up, I don't know. But it just strikes me as strange given how quickly we moved for Twarzik and Law...

Given that we start pre season training in just under a fortnight I would think we'd be keen to finalise the squad by then. If Lionel Ainsworth's contract offer has not already been withdrawn I would think it sensible to do so shortly. Its never satisfactory to wait to see if players appear for pre season training to find out their intentions.

The fact that we seem to have done the rest of our business so early this summer would suggest that we were looking for early clarification in order to help preparation. We may have other targets lined up, I don't know. But it just strikes me as strange given how quickly we moved for Twarzik and Law...

my point is that he could already be away, we've already been told who's signed and no one has came out from the club and said that they have offered them a deal.

my point is that he could already be away, we've already been told who's signed and no one has came out from the club and said that they have offered them a deal.

The club tends to do its business in private, and its rare for anything to leaked to media before paperwork is signed and sealed.

I prefer it that way, but it does make for a lot of idle speculation (and wild rumours) on sites like this.

Both Hutchinson and Ainsworth have been offered deals - that much we do know. Very unlikely, though not impossible, that even one will re-sign.

Lee Hollis? The club will not enter the new season with 3 signed experienced goalies. Most of us have understandably assumed that Lee Hollis will be the one to depart given that he is the one out of contract and Gunnar Neilsen is not. However, given that nothing at all has been said about this ostensibly clearcut situation by the club there may be more to this than meets the eye. Pure speculation on my part though.

The club has a deserved reputation for keeping its cards close to its chest over transfers and I hope that continues. No doubt matters will become clear in time.