2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Absolute shite!

He's woefully inconsistent, but he's not fundamentally shite, and he's far from the worst player I've seen for us.

May I refer you to Messrs. Danny Murphy (and the rest of the Malpas Three), Alan Gow, Esteban Casagolda...all significantly poorer players.

Totally agree with your choice of no hopers they were not worse than ZFA AND they were not given the chances ZFA has had and he is keeping one of the youngsters from coming through

He lacks a football brain but he has the raw attributes to make an impact at this level, which he has done this season with a number of assists and a couple of goals. And while it doesn't come natural to him there has been the odd disciplined performance that has improved the balance of the side.

With the right coaching he could prove to be a right handful at this level. He strikes me as someone that could hit a purple patch, like Humphrey in his early days, and attract interest.

Totally agree with your choice of no hopers they were not worse than ZFA AND they were not given the chances ZFA has had and he is keeping one of the youngsters from coming through

At 20, he is one of the youngsters. McCall obviously rates him and seems to like the fact he can inject some pace into the line-up.

No offence, but I'll take his judgement over yours.

• Like 3

The comments here about Zaine are pretty spiteful / shameful.

Sure he's frustrating and inconsistent. But he IS one of our youngsters - he isn't keeping one out.

He's had good games and bad and he's been played in a few positions, left mid, left back even on the right.

However he can changen a game when playing well and when his dander is up he can offer (and has offered) more than some of our (some now departed) experienced players. His performance at Partick over the festive period should be what he's aiming for on a consistent basis.

There's enough there to show that he could possibly develop into a very useful asset.

Still if you want e.g. to keep screaming shouting for him to run offside while he's holding, holding , holding waiting for Hammell or someone to play the ball forward for him then batter in. (I suppose having to double back and run away from goal to collect the ball facing the wrong way with a defender on your back is far more positive)

• Like 1

Can't believe there's a full page on people saying Angol's utter shite & the worst player to play for us in years. I'll agree he's woefully inconsistant (even within a game), and I get frustrated at time watching him but he's still a young boy and still learning. He's a good athlete with pace and is probably the player with the most sell on value we've got due to these attributes being the prime factor when clubs down South look for players. He's had his moments though, 3 goals, some assists - so he is contributing.

Nothing like berating your promising young players eh? Fucking ridiculous patter from a few on here

And some of them, no doubt, in the "I don't care if we have to field a team of 16 year olds as long as we stop Sevco staying in the top flight" camp.

Nah, fuck that noise. ZFA isn't very good in my opinion. And I don't accept this berating bollocks either for not thinking a player isn't very good.

I don't think that not accepting berating someone for not thinking a player isn't very good isn't a good way to not discuss if a player is or isn't not good.

• Like 1

Its kinda funny the beraters get all touchy about getting berated for berating.

But seriously, if the conversation was around folk saying that they didn't think ZFA was that great or that consistent or whatever then there really wouldn't be much of a conversation.

But when folk start saying he's a 'bombscare', 'poorest players in a well shirt', amongst the worst ever. etc. Then surely folk can step in with a counter argument

I rarely criticise a player on here, and looking back on what I said about ZFA, it was far from berating. However if I believe that a player isn't very good, that's it until the player changes my mind. My opinion won't change by people telling me he is young, he needs a chance, or whatever the excuse may be.

I've given my reasons on not rating ZFA before. He has poor off the ball awareness.

Saying someone isn't up to much isn't berating anyone, would love him to prove my doubts wrong but don't see it happening. I'm allowed to say that aye?

It isn't, and saying you don't think he's up to much is entirely reasonable.

He's had some good moments and some bad, for me. Because he's been around the first team for a few years due to us having no money and no squad, with fleeting appearances, some folk seem to think he should be the finished article.

Rolling out daft hyperbole:

Certainly the worst player I have seen at Fir Park in many a year

Is a bit pointless.

ZFA is certainly not the most consistent of players and at times he drives me nuts. But he is a youngster and does have some potential. It's up to him and the training staff to realise that talent. I don't think that, with a fully fit squad, he would be a first choice and maybe he suffers a little from being regarded as a versatile back up who can fill in where required. That said, he does need to quickly learn from his mistakes or else other youngsters should be given a chance

However to say he is one of the worst players to ever wear a 'Well shirt is just wrong. Anybody remember Omar Daly!!! He hid during most matches and to my my mind stole his wages each week. ZFA might not be the best, but at least he tries hard and doesn't shirk his responsibilities. Give me that any time over the numerous money grabbing wasters that have appeared over the years.

And as for being a Bombscare............we need one of them now that Hutchy has moved on.

ZFA has all the attributes to be a top spfl player but he is fustrating as mentioned above. Sometimes I wish I could control him like on FIFA but he is still young and he has contributed the last couple of seasons.

I'm firmly in the back him and hope he fulfills his potential camp

Got to agree with last few posts about Zaine . One of the poorerst players I've seen in a Well shirt in recent times . Bombscare at the back , and nothing of an attacking threat when used further up the pitch . Can't fault the guy for effort , but he's just no' very good . How he was ever on Spurs books is anyone's guess .

2479220-1578648373-gw-cl.gif

At the start of the season he showed promise and i was quite excited about his future promise. He has showed in fits and starts but he has also been the poorest player on the pitch at times.

We will stick with him and hopefully he can raise his game.

It was not that long ago he set up a belter of a goal for Anier at Tannadice. That was sublime and shows he has ability.