2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

I dont think it helps him being switched between left back and mid when he is still young and learning. He came to us a full back,started there when he broke through and I remember 2 or 3 games the season before last watching and being impressed with his reading of the game,I think it was Caley 4-0 at Fir Park,he covered the centre halves 4 or 5 times making crucial blocks.

He has the ability to play in the SPFL either as a full back or a winger (personally I like him as a winger),we just need to decide how best to use him and help build his confidence.

Coming in at 19 and playing left back,left mid,left back,left mid,dropped after a poor game or even after a good game,back in,played when low in confidence etc. That cant help his development fully,but focus him,give him support and a run of games and he will do a good job for us.

Humphrey was of about the same ability at his age. Its amazing how short some peoples memories are.

Humphrey was a couple of years older when he came and was similar to Angol in that he was all pace and power and his decision making and end product left a lot to be desired.

Sometimes I think what doesn't help Angol is the players he's compared to. When he plays at left back, he's compared to Hammell one of the most experienced and consistent left backs in the league. When he plays left wing, he gets compared to more experienced players like Ainsworth, Murphy or Humphrey.

My opinion is that he has a lot of the tools required to succeed at our level but too often he doesn't put them all together. With coaching and a run of games in a set position, he could make the same kind of progress that Humphrey made...

• Like 1

Humphrey was a couple of years older when he came and was similar to Angol in that he was all pace and power and his decision making and end product left a lot to be desired.

Chris Humphrey joined us when he was 23 which is 3 years older than ZFA is just now.

Anier away to Germany.

Motherwell FC can today confirm Henri Anier has been sold to 2. Bundesliga side FC Erzgebirge Aue for an undisclosed fee

Hopefully a decent fee seeing as he had 2 years still to run on his contract.

The Report says talks have been going for a while

So going by the mcall has a player in mind to replace him

Good luck to him and i'm sure a decent fee ill have been received but some of that would have went to the player him self as part of the contract we gave him to convince him to join us

Quick return for the Director that financed the move. Hopefully the club have made a six figure profit. The agent Lindblom appears to have served us well. Wonder if we will do business again.

Now Jim O'Brien, was he the player looking to return to FP. He has until tomorrow to accept Barnsley's offer.

Ooft!! Where did that come from?!?!

Really sorry to lose him but when he signed the deal in January it had a feeling it would be with a view to selling him. The club are skint so it's makes sense. Plenty time to get another striker in.

Don't like this "undisclosed fee" pish either. I hope we got 200k minimum for him.

Given the way we financed Anier's deal, and (for us) the unusual length of his contract, we obviously planned to sell him on. Was expecting it to be later this season, but I guess we can't grumble at a few quid coming in. Especially as it seems McCall has his contingency in place.

if we have broke even on the total costs incurred by his loan, signing and wages we have done very well.

remember that he was subbed off at tannadice after toiling for 45 minutes and dropped for the final 3 games which suggests the management don't value him too highly.

if we have broke even on the total costs incurred by his loan, signing and wages we have done very well.

remember that he was subbed off at tannadice after toiling for 45 minutes and dropped for the final 3 games which suggests the management don't value him too highly.

I'm not sure he was fit at any point in the second half of the season.

Happy enough to spin the wheel on another of whoever the agent that has punted us both of our Estonians if he's got any more. Doing tidy business out of that.

Quite gutted at this news. Anier was becoming a firm favourite in my eyes and was expecting big things this year. Money is a big deal mind you so happy with extra cash in.

So Faddy left as Competition was too high for central striker role when we were selling Anier. Moore is long term injured so that leaves Sutton, McHugh, Erwin, Ainsworth up top at a push.

I know that SMc is saying he has replacements in mind but anyone think a return for Henrik is on the cards!!