2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

1396634761[/url]' post='408758']

Fuck Gordon Marshall,if Gunnar Neilsen is his idea of a goalkeeper hes a fucking moron

Have to agree with this sentiment, think I'd rather go for young Dan from Dundee as not only did he seem to fit in with the defence, he has youth on his side and could potentially become a great piece of business.

The negatives towards Marshall are a bit over the top.

1. The two and a half years coaching he gave Randolph certainly didn't do his career any harm.

2. He's also only brought two keepers to the club, one as a backup Hollis (who is a capable 1st choice in my opinion) and one emergency loan who proved to be fantastic. Hard to judge his eye for a player when we've only got that to go on.

3. Stevie Woods is the coach at Celtic. A poor player doesn't make a poor coach.

I agree about Marshall getting punted. Crap keeper and crap coach taught both our keepers how NOT to deal with shots and crosses. Craig Gordon should be given a few trial games and if he's fit again get him signed

I spoke to someone a few weeks back at a game who revealed that after speaking to Gordon Marshall after an AGM he was quoted as saying that Marshall felt Gunnar Nielsen had the potential to be as good as Darren Randolph, I then responded that if that's what Marshall really thinks then he should be sacked on the spot for that stupidity.

The negatives towards Marshall are a bit over the top.

1. The two and a half years coaching he gave Randolph certainly didn't do his career any harm.

2. He's also only brought two keepers to the club, one as a backup Hollis (who is a capable 1st choice in my opinion) and one emergency loan who proved to be fantastic. Hard to judge his eye for a player when we've only got that to go on.

3. Stevie Woods is the coach at Celtic. A poor player doesn't make a poor coach.

Agree...well over the top given we dont know things like what budget he has to work to or what scouting structure he has or uses.

Also, it was Stewart Kerr who brought Hollis to Motherwell after working with him at Airdrie not Marshall.(Hollis joined in 2010 and Marshall in 2011). So, given the spunkfest a lot on here have over wee Twardzik then Marshall's success rate is 1 out of 2. Not bad.

I agree about Marshall getting punted. Crap keeper and crap coach taught both our keepers how NOT to deal with shots and crosses. Craig Gordon should be given a few trial games and if he's fit again get him signed

You know he coached Randolph?

I spoke to someone a few weeks back at a game who revealed that after speaking to Gordon Marshall after an AGM he was quoted as saying that Marshall felt Gunnar Nielsen had the potential to be as good as Darren Randolph, I then responded that if that's what Marshall really thinks then he should be sacked on the spot for that stupidity.

As should the management team at Man City who not only signed him, but extended his contract. Given their comparative resources, I'm sure they could have replaced him if they wanted to.

He's 31 which is in goalkeeping prime, despite his injury proneness of late, he can still command a bigger club than us sadly.

Gordon will go to Ibrox because:

a) he's been training there

b) they'll offer double than any SPL club can in salary

c) a precedent has been set that even if you play for them in a lower league you can still win a cap

unless:

Celtic sell Forster because of his exposure in the England team.

He's 31 which is in goalkeeping prime, despite his injury proneness of late, he can still command a bigger club than us sadly.

Gordon will go to Ibrox because:

a) he's been training there

b) they'll offer double than any SPL club can in salary

c) a precedent has been set that even if you play for them in a lower league you can still win a cap

unless:

Celtic sell Forster because of his exposure in the England team.

Can't see him going to Rangers while Bell is under contract on thousands a week. They're skint.

Have to agree with this sentiment, think I'd rather go for young Dan from Dundee as not only did he seem to fit in with the defence, he has youth on his side and could potentially become a great piece of business.

Speaking of which - any word on Twardzik? He's only played once for Dundee since he left us, I'd love to see him back in Summer. What about Dean Brill from Inverness? Gone of the boil a bit under Hughes but he looked more than capable earlier in the season. Out of contract at Luton too IIRC

Who is rangers 2nd keeper? Is it still Alexander? No way will they move for a new goalie when they have them 2.

Or in fact if Alexander is moving from them in the summer i'd gladly take him. Twardzik is definitely someone we should be looking at, even if its for 2nd choice keeper.

Alexander is in england playing. Steve Simonsen is there number 2. Crazy,a backup keeper in the third division probably making more per week then the entire starting 11 of the team hes sitting on the bench watching.

Speaking of which - any word on Twardzik? He's only played once for Dundee since he left us, I'd love to see him back in Summer. What about Dean Brill from Inverness? Gone of the boil a bit under Hughes but he looked more than capable earlier in the season. Out of contract at Luton too IIRC

Brill signed a permanent deal with ICT in November after negotiating a cancellation of his Luton contract. Signed until the summer of 2017.

They've been skint since 2009 but it still hasn't stopped them paying out £8k per week for Nicky Law

They raised £22 million in their share issue just over a year ago and frittered it away. Now they're skint.

He's only training with rangers due to there physio and the type of injury he had. The guy who is the physio has a reputation of helping players over come it and had asked the rangers if he could train with them to get his fitness up and they had agreed to it. Would be a great signing for us and would make the defenders more confident that what is behind him at the moment.

In all the interviews I have seen/heard Ainsworth give he has been saying how much he is enjoying his football here and how he would like to extend his time at the club.

Given how much McCall likes to play with a pacy winger, I'm hopeful Lionel will take a deal for next season.

Ainsworth still making all the right noises about extending his stay with us in the Evening Times article.

Lionel wants to land a deal to let Well take off

The Fir Park flyer has enjoyed a hugely-impressive debut season for the Steelmen during his loan spell from Rotherham United and scored nine goals to help boost third-placed Well's Euro push.

But with his sojourn in Lanarkshire up at the end of the season livewire Lionel is determined to do all he can to book a Europa League qualification spot for Stuart McCall's side and land a new contract into the bargain.

The 26-year-old said: "Basically I am just trying to focus on my football right now and do ­everything I can to help Motherwell finish as high as possible and also nail down a Europa League place.

"For next season European football would be a great thing to add to my CV and help me take my game to the next level.

"If we could make it into Europe then it would hopefully supply me with a great platform to achieve some stability and experience something new in the game.

"But I am really enjoying my football right now and I have no problem staying up north for an extended period.

"So although I haven't spoken to the club yet, hopefully that can happen down the line and things can get sorted."