2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

He has been great for us this season but i don't think other SPL clubs are just going to sit back and let us sign him up. There will be managers with much bigger budgets who will fancy snapping him up. Butcher at Hibs springs to mind cause if they stay up he is ripping that squad apart and starting again. Sevco no doubt will be in there too. Hope i'm wrong and he makes Fir Park his stomping ground for the next couple of years but i can't see it.

Aye, but he wants to stay at Fir Park because he gets to play the football he like to play. The guy has been bounced around a ton of clubs in his career and I think he genuinely wants to settle in to a team for a couple of years and get some stability.

We do actually manage to keep some of our good players from time to time.

He has been great for us this season but i don't think other SPL clubs are just going to sit back and let us sign him up. There will be managers with much bigger budgets who will fancy snapping him up. Butcher at Hibs springs to mind cause if they stay up he is ripping that squad apart and starting again. Sevco no doubt will be in there too. Hope i'm wrong and he makes Fir Park his stomping ground for the next couple of years but i can't see it.

Can't see Aberdeen or Dundee Utd wanting him as they have strong wide players. Hearts are down and might not even exist and I don't think he's the kind of player Hibs need right now since his game isn't without some serious flaws. He's the kind of player you put into a good team, not someone you build around. Anyone else we can surely compete with.

This guy has been around the doors and he's found somewhere it's working for him so I don't see him ending up anywhere else in Scotland and I'm pretty confident we'll be in a 'Well shirt next season.

Got to agree with Ya Bezzer, playing week in week out at a stable club with a well respected manager in a happy dressing room with what appears to be a good bunch of guys around him - after the last few seasons the guys had, this season at FP will seem like heaven.

By the looks of it, he's more concerned with playing football and getting European fitba onto his CV with the view to making a bigger move so it would be a massive U-turn if he went to Hibs or Sevco. We're the perfect club to offer him what he wants - if we qualify for Europe of course.

All very positive anyway. A fully fit Ainsworth and Anier would be an absolute nightmare to play against.

With some of his recent performances when he has been reported as contributing very little, it sounds as though he's looking to get a new contract before the managementththink about looking elsewhere.

Since March he's started 6 games and he's contributed 3 goals and 3 assists in those games, contributed little indeed. Admittedly he's not been at his best recently but wingers are often temperamental, however even when he's not having had a good game he's still liable to pop up with a goal or create one.

Overall I make it 9 goals and 9 assists in just 20 starts for Motherwell this season from the wing, phenomenal return from Ainsworth and his contribution to our season seems to be undervalued by a fair number of our support. Of course he has his flaws but if he didn't he wouldn't be playing for Motherwell.

I for one would be delighted if we could get him signed up for next season. For all his flaws he's clearly never struggled to find a club and I don't think he will be short of a few offers in the summer. Hopefully he want's to settle down and stays put.

• Like 3

English football isn't all its hyped up to be... Surprised there's not more players going the way of Ojamaa or Higdon and playing for lesser hyped teams for similar money as they'd get if they took the dive south

I think the upheaval of moving abroad to a new culture can be an issue, especially if you have children.

I think the upheaval of moving abroad to a new culture can be an issue, especially if you have children.

True, although could say the same for Moving down south, particularly going from Scotland to the Southern parts of England. I would think the prospect of moving or upheaval would have to be something you are prepared for when becoming a professional footballer? I'm sure Shaun Hutchinson would have experienced a certain amount of upheaval and cultural change moving from Newcastle to Lanarkshire.

• Like 1

hutchy is being linked to rangers again.

it would be a shame to see him play for another scottish team but it's his career. it's gutting he only has never 4 games in claret and amber.

They seem to be linked with every decent premiership player.

Birmingham scout was sitting behind me, watching him. Where would you go? Scottish press love a 'look how hard Ally's trying' story.

i wouldn't go to birmingham, they are murder and their owner is in hong kong jail. they could still go down as well.

i hope he goes down south, the championship would suit him and he would get a fairer deal from the refs down there.

So they are in a far superior position and clearly better run than the Rangers then ?

rangers are a shambles but it'll still be pretty easy for them to get back to their old position given the lack of competition in scotland.

birmingham could well be the next portsmouth.

rangers are a shambles but it'll still be pretty easy for them to get back to their old position given the lack of competition in scotland.

birmingham could well be the next portsmouth.

The championship will be a tight league this year and with Hibs and Hearts going down this year I can see Rangers spending at least one more season in the championship.

1398084044[/url]' post='409448']

The championship will be a tight league this year and with Hibs and Hearts going down this year I can see Rangers spending at least one more season in the championship.

Do you think the 11th team will go down?

I think they might given the poor form shown by some of the 11th place contenders.

I don't think it will be Hibs that end up there though.

I thought that too, as I didn't imagine there was any chance everyone else around there would string result together to drag them in. Still, derby this weekend, so that's another chance for the rest down there to make further ground on Hibs...

Do you think the 11th team will go down?

Yes! Makes sense too! Keeps the Edinburgh Derby (which is of financial interest to Hibs and Hearts) Gives them time to Gel a new team together and for them both come back up at the end of next season. Plus it will have the bonus effect of making the championship a bit more interesting and competitive next season. Haven't had a look at the Championship league table but can see Hibs and Hearts down this season, with Dundee and Hamilton coming up.

Makes commercial and financial sense more than anything.

1398095051[/url]' post='409476']

Yes! Makes sense too! Keeps the Edinburgh Derby (which is of financial interest to Hibs and Hearts) Gives them time to Gel a new team together and for them both come back up at the end of next season. Plus it will have the bonus effect of making the championship a bit more interesting and competitive next season. Haven't had a look at the Championship league table but can see Hibs and Hearts down this season, with Dundee and Hamilton coming up.

Makes commercial and financial sense more than anything.

So Hibs will go down deliberately?

• Like 1