2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

the thinking behind Josh and Jacob Murphy is that we are short on pace and creativity out wide. Josh and Jacob would supply this and would work well together left and right. Obviously it would be a loan deal but what my thinking was that Norwich would see how Ruddy developed with us and might be more open to allow two of their younger players out on loan to us.

Another guy wee could look at is Ryan McKinnon at Newcastle... Similar kind of player to Hutch, if we're wanting loanee's this season.

At the end of the day we 1000000% need a defender and a striker, its as simple as that.

As to who that will be I have no idea but I do trust SMc and im pretty confident he will have an idea of who he wants so im happy to just wait and see.

At the end of the day we 1000000% need a defender and a striker, its as simple as that.

As to who that will be I have no idea but I do trust SMc and im pretty confident he will have an idea of who he wants so im happy to just wait and see.

not so sure about needing a striker as much as a defender. Think we are covered in both departments but wouldn't turn down someone who could improve those areas.

the thinking behind Josh and Jacob Murphy is that we are short on pace and creativity out wide. Josh and Jacob would supply this and would work well together left and right. Obviously it would be a loan deal but what my thinking was that Norwich would see how Ruddy developed with us and might be more open to allow two of their younger players out on loan to us.

Another guy wee could look at is Ryan McKinnon at Newcastle... Similar kind of player to Hutch, if we're wanting loanee's this season.

Josh (I think - Jacob actually - obviously) was loaned out to Swindon last season, so they're already playing at a higher level than they would here.

But that's not the point. What's the point of suggesting it? Do you think someone is going to come on here and think "cunt, I never even thought about those two" and go sign them? They're not even based on rumour.

• Like 3

For me a striker is a must. We can't rely on Sutton getting 20+ goals again this season and there's no guarantee Ainsworth will be able to get to double figures from the right again. Outwith those two we don't really have another regular scorer in the squad and with Moore out long term, McHugh seemingly not up to it and Erwin unproven we really need someone to take the burden off handsome John.

In defence I don't think we are too bad - Reid, Kerr and Ramsden can all cover RB and CB, Hammell and ZFA for left back and McManus in the middle with possibly Cummins or Murray as back up..not sure of their contract situations though?

If it came down to one or the other it's a no brainer for me. Pacey goal scorer please Stuart!

Josh (I think - Jacob actually - obviously) was loaned out to Swindon last season, so they're already playing at a higher level than they would here.

Really? Given that Swindon Town finished 8th in the English League One last season you obviously don't rate the SPFL at all.

Back to the point though - we clearly require one or perhaps two strikers and a big central defender.

Murray's been let go I'm sure.

He played a bounce game for us last week, so that situation isn't as cut and dried as it appears...

Also noticed that Ross Stewart now has a squad number (at least he was in the programme on Saturday). I'm sure someone mentioned that clubs were required to continue to provide training facilities for youth players - never heard of that myself but that's not to suggest it's wrong - so it could be as simple as that in Murray's case as he wasn't quoted in the squad.

But that's not the point. What's the point of suggesting it? Do you think someone is going to come on here and think "cunt, I never even thought about those two" and go sign them? They're not even based on rumour.

League 1 in England is a higher level than the Spl?

not so sure about needing a striker as much as a defender. Think we are covered in both departments but wouldn't turn down someone who could improve those areas.

I would disagree, apart from Sutton we do not have anyone who is a proven goal scorer, could you say hand on heart that if Sutton got injured you would be happy with our striking options?????

The same argument applies that if McManus got injured would you be happy with who we have to replace him?????

Absolutely not. Saw a lot of praise for him after the signings/contract renewals this summer. Two way street isn't it?

'Flow can't force an employee to knock back an offer from elsewhere...

From what I've heard it wasn't an easy decision for JP though. He's knocked back a few offers in the past...