2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Absolutely not. Saw a lot of praise for him after the signings/contract renewals this summer. Two way street isn't it?

That's a bit of a crazy statement to make, you cant force a man to stay at a club, if Hibs offered more money then what can Flow do, id rather we spent extra wages on players than physios

That's a bit of a crazy statement to make, you cant force a man to stay at a club, if Hibs offered more money then what can Flow do, id rather we spent extra wages on players than physios

He didn't 'force' the players to sign this summer either. It's his job to run the club and keep these people at Fir Park, and while he (rightly) gets praised for doing that, you can't help but draw conclusions when someone follows their old boss after 23 years at the club.

He didn't 'force' the players to sign this summer either. It's his job to run the club and keep these people at Fir Park, and while he (rightly) gets praised for doing that, you can't help but draw conclusions when someone follows their old boss after 23 years at the club.

Conclusions being...?

I wouldn't have thought Leanne Dempster was much of a factor in his decision. She was here for what, five years? Pretty sure Hibs would have been able to put together a financial offer that would smooth over any concerns about leaving a club he'd been at for a fairly lengthy period.

EDIT: Tits, double post. Can someone delete the first one?

Edited by one m in motherwell

Conclusions being...?

I wouldn't have thought Leanne Dempster was much of a factor in his decision. She was here for what, five years? Pretty sure Hibs would have been able to put together a financial offer that would smooth over any concerns about leaving a club he'd been at for a fairly lengthy period.

EDIT: Tits, double post. Can someone delete the first one?

OK. Now, since his reputation has been described (in here) as very good, he's surely had offers in those 23 years, ones above his budget. He decides to leave during a transition in general management of the club.

There are many possibilities surrounding this, but there are one or two obvious ones.

OK. Now, since his reputation has been described (in here) as very good, he's surely had offers in those 23 years, ones above his budget. He decides to leave during a transition in general management of the club.

There are many possibilities surrounding this, but there are one or two obvious ones.

They are so obvious I can't make them out so do tell?

In terms of quality, attendance, budgets and the general size of clubs (Sheff Utd, Cov, Wolves, Bradford etc), yes it is.

Yes they have bigger crowds and budgets but I wouldn't say any of those teams are bigger than Dundee Utd, the OF or Aberdeen and the top 5/6 in Scotland would all get promoted or at least be around the playoffs in that division.

I realise that staff need to be free to move if they like and that this might be a very sensible, practical and lucrative move for John Porteus who I wish all the very best.

But.

By fuck are we not the nice guys of Scottish Fitba? While I realise part of our appeal is that we're not difficult to deal with when it's time to move on. Dempster should have been told straight when she left - 'fucking hands off' - 'go do your thing but don't deplete us when you go'. A wee greet at Pittodrie about a great well family achievement as she leaves - then a matter of weeks later back for the key staff. Fuckin bolt!

I'd like to have seen - "we wish John Porteous all the best, but we are extremely disappointed that our ex chief exec is coming back for our staff" get the fuckin message out there. 'beat it doll!'

• Like 2

I realise that staff need to be free to move if they like and that this might be a very sensible, practical and lucrative move for John Porteus who I wish all the very best.

But.

By fuck are we not the nice guys of Scottish Fitba? While I realise part of our appeal is that we're not difficult to deal with when it's time to move on. Dempster should have been told straight when she left - 'fucking hands off' - 'go do your thing but don't deplete us when you go'. A wee greet at Pittodrie about a great well family achievement as she leaves - then a matter of weeks later back for the key staff. Fuckin bolt!

I'd like to have seen - "we wish John Porteous all the best, but we are extremely disappointed that our ex chief exec is coming back for our staff" get the fuckin message out there. 'beat it doll!'

Agreed. The media also got a fair bit of mileage out of us saying how good she'll be for Hibs.

Hope all the young prospects are signed up.

Yes they have bigger crowds and budgets but I wouldn't say any of those teams are bigger than Dundee Utd, the OF or Aberdeen and the top 5/6 in Scotland would all get promoted or at least be around the playoffs in that division.

I have been to a number of Swindon games over the years (I have friends down there and go with them while I am visiting) and Motherwell would beat Swindon 4 times out of 5. No disrespect to Swindon. Their crowds are around the 6-7k mark, so based on money from that and the general money that is available down there then you would think they would be better.

1405355861[/url]' post='416011']

Sheffield United no bigger than Dundee United? Surely you jest?

But.

I do agree but its a difficult one. By law we cant restrict our employees from moving so its either play hardball and they hand in notice or, if there is no benefit to that, letting them leave. You never know, we may have let them leave and saved a month wages.