2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Bring back the Esteban

Nah, think Dan the Man needs a chance, 1st game and he gets hit with two penalties. Think the problem is the player fouling in the penalty box not the keeper not saving him on his first game. He played well against Fulham, could have easily been 3 or 4 nil if it wasn't for a couple of good saves by him

Far better than Nielson

Disagree Yoshi...Dan didnt have much at all to do except pick the ball out the net at two penalties. Apart from that he made the blocks he needed too and got fouled at the one cross he fumbled.

Agree the defence looked lazy.

Midfield - Thought Vigurs had a good game, was running rings round them and set up a goal. He lost the ball a couple of times at the end but overall good. Law had a great first 45. Carswell was solid. Ainsworth a good first 45. Lasley had a shocker for an experienced player. Countless missed passes and he did move his hand to the ball for the first pen.

Sutton - Mingin but no service

Dan is pish after two games. The same Dan who was the saviour based on five games.

Knee-jerk reactions and hyperbole. Welcome to Steelmen Online...

Nothing wrong, nothing at all, with a measured response. During his temporary 5 game spell with us last season some of us never saw him as being a "saviour" as you put it. Yes he did well, but some of us felt he was weak in the air because of his lack of stature (not his fault). Thats been evident this season, so what has changed? He also failed to take charge in a potentially costly defensive mix up. That could have been disastrous for us. I for one am not calling him rubbish or whatever alternative term you choose but he has given cause for concern in my book - no more and no less.

Exactly my point! A measured response is what's needed.

Was it measured from those who felt after just five games that a guy who couldn't get a game for Dundee was the answer? No.

Is it measured from those who feel after one pre-season game and one European game who are now demanding a new keeper to play instead? No.

Where are we disagreeing there?

Bring back the Esteban

Nah, think Dan the Man needs a chance, 1st game and he gets hit with two penalties. Think the problem is the player fouling in the penalty box not the keeper not saving him on his first game. He played well against Fulham, could have easily been 3 or 4 nil if it wasn't for a couple of good saves by him

Far better than Nielson

Marshall will soon knock any of his good traits out of him.

Exactly my point! A measured response is what's needed.

Was it measured from those who felt after just five games that a guy who couldn't get a game for Dundee was the answer? No.

Is it measured from those who feel after one pre-season game and one European game who are now demanding a new keeper to play instead? No.

Where are we disagreeing there?

Probably not. The fact that he couldn't get a game for Dundee does make you think but thats no reason in itself to castigate him. At the moment I'm ambivalent about him, but he's due his chance. Early indications are that, performance wise, he's on a par with Lee Hollis and Gunnar Neilsen, but my view my change as the season starts. Of the three Gunnar Neilsen is potentially reckoned to be the best of the three, but that doesn't always translate into on the field performances.

Dan is certainly not the man. Another Lee Hollis I think. Looked miles off with most shots and crosses that went by

Sadly, I had concerns his hype was bigger than his perceived talent. Was a little disappointed we didn't look down south for another Ruddy or Randolph style deal.

Hopefully just a shaky start and he will prove, yet again, I know nothing about this game.

(Oh, and Gunnar would have saved one of the pens :-) )

Sadly, I had concerns his hype was bigger than his perceived talent. Was a little disappointed we didn't look down south for another Ruddy or Randolph style deal.

Hopefully just a shaky start and he will prove, yet again, I know nothing about this game.

(Oh, and Gunnar would have saved one of the pens :-) )

Exactly! McCall should have done a Holland and Sub'd in Gunnar for Dan on the last pernalty but he didn't.

Fkn ridiculous SACK HIM! :laugh:

In terms of keepers of recent seasons we have been a bit spoiled! Sadly due a time of feeling a bit disapointed with who we currently have between the sticks.

I fear for the season we don't come 2nd and get into Europe as well!

Need to enjoy every good moment of being a well fan while it lasts!

Seconded. Despite Darren Randolph's stature in the SPL keepers of his calibre are ten a penny in England. We've gone from having one of the best keepers in the SPL to having one of the weakest. Is there no in between?