2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

My mate who's a big Fulham fan just text me saying we are being linked on their forums with a loan move for Dan Burn.

Guys about 10ft 8' and played quite a bit in the premier league last year. He came on second half in the friendly a few weeks ago.

Thanks, but no thanks. We need someone better on the deck than McManus not another centre back whose strengths are all in the air...

F*** me, some guys are never happy! A 6' 7" defender (actual height!!) in the SPFL would lap up crossed balls at corners with ease, for clearances, knock downs or just goals! Has played a good number of games, and doesn't seem to have been benched by any teams he's played for. Would slot in with McManus perfectly and be one of the best pairing in the league. So good, i doubt it will happen.

Thanks, but no thanks. We need someone better on the deck than McManus not another centre back whose strengths are all in the air...

I kinda get what you mean, I think, in that you want a ball playing central defender to compliment the old fashioned blooter of McManus?

I wouldnt be knocking back this big lad if he is better than what we have though. Can't quite remember him from Fulham friendly to be honest.

I kinda get what you mean, I think, in that you want a ball playing central defender to compliment the old fashioned blooter of McManus?

I wouldnt be knocking back this big lad if he is better than what we have though. Can't quite remember him from Fulham friendly to be honest.

Every time I've seen McManus he's looked more assured on the ball than most of our back 4. Why can't HE be the ball player and this lad compliment him in the air? He can pass with both feet and looks comfortable in possession (he certainly did last season, I'm not going to judge him based on the last few games, anyway).

News - news, actual news with quotes and everything...

Source

Motherwell assistant manager Kenny Black has denied the club have signed Notts County striker Anthony Dwyer.

On Monday Dwyer tweeted 'Never thought I'd Be Playing My Football in Scotland!! Wish Me Luck Motherwell F.C'

However Black said: "If he's been training or signed here then he's done it on his own because we have no knowledge of him.

"There are a couple of boys in training with the under-20s, but no one of that name.

"Since we have come back from Iceland there has been no business done."

'Well have been linked with a loan deal for Derby defender Mark O'Brien and Black admits at least they're aware of the Irishman.

He said: "We've made an inquiry, but no more than that, there has been nothing concrete.

"However, we're at least aware of O'Brien unlike the other boy who's way off our radar."

How do the likes of Dundee United manage to do it? Serious question. Because as impressive as they are at finding talent, what's more impressive is the length of contract they get them to sign...

They sign them on a low contract and as soon as he starts looking the biz,throw a 3 year deal on double the cash in front of him and convince him Utd is the place to manufacture a big move from. Kind of like what we did with Anier + Ojamaa. GMS came from Airdrie for buttons willing to prove himself,after a couple months where he proved his fitness was up he got a new deal, Exact same with Ciftci, Robertson came in on £700-£800pw from Queens Park and within 8 weeks had a 3 year deal on £1500pw,now 1 yr later he is in the premiership on £15k pw!

Our problem (and its not meant as a dig at McCall even tho my feelings are well known) is 2 fold from our management, 1 - Young players dont get a fair enough crack,they get 1 or 2 starts only if all other options are exhausted and apart from that need to settle for 10 mins here + there as a sub so we cant judge if a guy is the real deal or just has a lucky debut. And secondly our management (and club in general) refuse to big our own players up! Aberdeen have McGinn,Jack,Pawlett,Reynolds , Utd have Gauld,Robertson, Armstrong,Ciftci,GMS,Souttar all as future superstars or international class at the moment but what did McCall say about the best keeper Ive seen at Fir Park in 30 years? "If he keeps his form up and gets a bit of luck theres no reason he cant play with a top League 1 team" League1? The guy is a premiership class keeper easily! fuckin unbelieveable.

We blood players far to late in this country and when they do go in it's 15 minutes as a sub two or three times a season

This is why we need a bigger league. That way teams in the "Nothing to play for" category toward the end of the season can bring these guys on with no or little risk.

This is why we need a bigger league. That way teams in the "Nothing to play for" category toward the end of the season can bring these guys on with no or little risk.

Wouldn't get many fans going along to see what is basically a friendly in March.

They sign them on a low contract and as soon as he starts looking the biz,throw a 3 year deal on double the cash in front of him and convince him Utd is the place to manufacture a big move from. Exact same with Ciftci, Robertson came in on £700-£800pw from Queens Park and within 8 weeks had a 3 year deal on £1500pw,now 1 yr later he is in the premiership on £15k pw!

I suspect these lads at Tannadice have received a better financial package than that.

Time is a marching on....

I know we're skint but are we really going to start the season with just what we have? With the same same starting 11 as v Stjarnan?!?!

Personally, I'd be happy to add just one more forward, different type to Sutton/Erwin.

We have a lot of cover in defence and surely between McManus, Ramsden, Kerr, Reid, Cummins and Neill we can find a centre half partnership that works.

Midfield, again we have plenty of bodies, up to the management to figure out the best combination. Another winger would just see Thomas get even less game time...

Personally, I'd be happy to add just one more forward, different type to Sutton/Erwin.

We have a lot of cover in defence and surely between McManus, Ramsden, Kerr, Reid, Cummins and Neill we can find a centre half partnership that works.

Midfield, again we have plenty of bodies, up to the management to figure out the best combination. Another winger would just see Thomas get even less game time...

Yep, 100% agree. Seems like McCall wants a defender though and from Black's comments we have been sounding out possible loans. I would be very very disappointed if we got another central defender in and not another striker.

Yep, 100% agree. Seems like McCall wants a defender though and from Black's comments we have been sounding out possible loans. I would be very very disappointed if we got another central defender in and not another striker.

He will be after both.

I don't think we'll see anyone come in on loan until squads down south are finalised for their coming season.

I'm happy enough starting with the team we have with a few new additions (a striker, defender and a solid left or right sided midfielder would be my preferences in that order) before the transfer deadline.

I don't think we'll see anyone come in on loan until squads down south are finalised for their coming season.

I'm happy enough starting with the team we have with a few new additions (a striker, defender and a solid left or right sided midfielder would be my preferences in that order) before the transfer deadline.

I think another midfielder, no matter how solid, would be a bad idea. If you want someone to play wide midfield who's not an out and out winger, Law could play either side, Vigurs can play left, and at a push Carswell and Lawson can play right midfield.

If money is tight, it's better spent elsewhere...