Motherwell V Kilmarnock 29/03/14

Brazilian

Never made the game today..dissapointing to lose to a poor side like Kille chance to go 2nd missed..but we are still in a good position.

The next 2 games are massive so we need to respond well...6 points and we can go into the split in a strong position to challenge for 2nd place.

There are 21 points to play for we need 7 to improve on last seasons total..we are in good shape.

The SI stigma rolls on, plus attaching themselves to "the drum" boring beyond belief. If that has happened its wrong but the big tarring brush doesn't help anyone.

I've got SI in my wardrobe. Albeit not regularly worn.

I wouldn't run down a street attacking 5 weans with 20 odd of my mates.

Wee shite bags who weren't interested when pulled up about it.

Poor tactical awareness from Reid to throw away a point.

I think you are being harsh on Reid. We threw players forward to try and get the three points and it backfired. That is going to happen sometimes but while I'll criticize a Motherwell team for not going out to win the match I'm not going to criticize a Motherwell team for trying to win the match in the final few minutes.

Do you really want players sitting back for a 1-1 draw against bottom six teams at Fir Park?

We didn't play well today and Kilmarnock were the better team in the second half so the points were hardly stolen.

Actually, I thought Craig Slater looked a really decent player today.

I've got SI in my wardrobe. Albeit not regularly worn.

I wouldn't run down a street attacking 5 weans with 20 odd of my mates.

Wee shite bags who weren't interested when pulled up about it.

Honest to fuck mate this kind of shite happening it total pish, but suck it up. I've had a few interesting experiences at just about every away ground in Scotland, including your place. No clubs fans are whiter than white. It's shite, it shouldn't happen but it does.

I was slightly worried when I saw the team, not because Faddy was out because I didn't expect him to be risked. However when I saw there was no Carswell I was worried about the shape and balance of our midfield with Vigurs in the middle of the park and ZFA wide left.

Ditto. This was a team set up to beat inferior opposition but unfortunately turned out to be anything but inferior. For long spells the central midfield was simply bulldozed with Eremenko given the freedom of Fir Park. We had a reasonable first half and could have been a couple of goals up but the second period was very different. We seemed to think that the game was over at 1-0 and once again defended very deeply and invited a "poor" Killie side to have a go at us which they did gratefully. Bad decisions on and off the field cost us big time. We ought to have made changes much sooner. Ainsworth didn't look fit and all too often got in Reid's way by playing too deep. Craig Moore had a lively first half but should have been hooked early in the second half for the bigger and stronger Anier. Whatever Moorey's talents are they don't include beating 6ft + centrebacks in the air. Not sure about Fraser Kerr coming on to replace ZFA - that sent out the wrong signal to the visitors.

Overall Killie looked the fitter more determined side and we simply couldn't match their workrate. They did deserve to win but am just sorry that it was by Craig Slater's goal - a lucky shot but maybe we'll get the same good fortune next week. Not too disheartened by the result - today's game was always going to be the hardest of our recent run of home fixtures.

Impressed by Reid and Vigurs today. We can't be too hard on the team and Stuart McCall - we all have bad days at the office and make mistakes.

Honest to fuck mate this kind of shite happening it total pish, but suck it up. I've had a few interesting experiences at just about every away ground in Scotland, including your place. No clubs fans are whiter than white. It's shite, it shouldn't happen but it does.

I'm not a wee boy. I accept boys will boys.

What I don't like are a mob of wee shite bags who pick in 4-5 wee boys

Thought killie were a hoofball team and to a certain extent in the first half they were but in the second we were the hoofball team. Total lack imagination from us in the second half, coincided with Vigurs being shunted from pillar to post. Francis-Angol, I'm sorry but he's a poor player, whatever positioned he plays. Ainsworth again waste of a jersey. Contributed feck all and kept leaving Reid alone to mrk two players at same time.

Did anyone else notice how big Sutton played quite deep today, almost in midfield at a lot of times?

I've had my negative opinions about McFadden recently but we definitely missed him today. He's been controlling games for us last couple of fixtures and aggression could have been the difference today.

Blaming McCall is easy because he picks the team and as someone mentioned before I had scepticism when I saw Francis-Angol in the team. Didn't know cars well was out until saw the team coming out but we missed his energy too.

Was disappointed about the result and performance today but you know, we're still 3rd in league and in a good position for Europe, again. Killie wanted it more than us today and it showed as the game went on.

At least we stopped Boyd from scoring against us again

I think you are being harsh on Reid. We threw players forward to try and get the three points and it backfired. That is going to happen sometimes but while I'll criticize a Motherwell team for not going out to win the match I'm not going to criticize a Motherwell team for trying to win the match in the final few minutes.

Do you really want players sitting back for a 1-1 draw against bottom six teams at Fir Park?

We didn't play well today and Kilmarnock were the better team in the second half so the points were hardly stolen.

Actually, I thought Craig Slater looked a really decent player today.

I obviously wanted us to go for the 3 points but given the Eremenko effort moments beforehand it was very naive. Ironic that we are caught out down that side with two right backs on the pitch.

Agree that Slater looks a player. Alan Johnston has had a fair amount of stick but I enjoyed watching his team in the 2nd half. Boyd and Eremenko bossed proceedings while Irvine was a nuisance throughout, allowing the young ones to have a right good go at us.

To be honest I thought Kilmarnock were the marginally better of two bad lots yesterday.

I actually blame Hutchinson for the goal more than Reid. Good teams at 1-1 in injury time trust what they do but he just tried an aimless lump to an area (we did it more than just then, but when everyone was forward we are too exposed to risk it), when there was nobody in defence it meant the moment Kilmarnock won the loose ball they were going to get a chance and boom that is what they did.

The thing about us this season is that a lot of our good stuff comes from the space McFadden creates - he wasn't there. A lot of our good stuff comes from Ainsworth - consensus was that he didn't look interested, I thought he looked half fit in the 2nd half last week and the same today. A lot of our good balls come from Vigurs - whilst he played well enough, we lost something from our creativity by him not being wider. Lasley couldn't get forward as much because Vigurs doesn't have the pace and he had to cover him.

Hindsight is 20-20 but we should have made like for like changes rather than rejigging the whole midfield, Leitch should have started with Lasley and Vigurs on the left.

I said yesterday morning six points before the split would just about guarantee us 3rd - nothing has changed!

The thing about us this season is that a lot of our good stuff comes from the space McFadden creates - he wasn't there. A lot of our good stuff comes from Ainsworth - consensus was that he didn't look interested, I thought he looked half fit in the 2nd half last week and the same today. A lot of our good balls come from Vigurs - whilst he played well enough, we lost something from our creativity by him not being wider. Lasley couldn't get forward as much because Vigurs doesn't have the pace and he had to cover him.

Hindsight is 20-20 but we should have made like for like changes rather than rejigging the whole midfield, Leitch should have started with Lasley and Vigurs on the left.

Can't disagree with that, but hopefully Stuart McCall will have learnt something from yesterdays errors. We needed to make some significant changes perhaps 10 minutes into the second half but we are only to allowed to make 3 substitutions and I can understand why he wouldn't want to make all 3 so early. We've suffered from second half slumps in the past couple of games and got off with it but yesterday we met a team able to punish us for errors.

Onwards and upwards and hopefully after next weekend we can look back and thank Killie for highlighting the error of our ways, enabling us to put things right.

First 20 minutes marked by unforced errors and poor decision making putting pressure on the back 4 and midfield. The next 25 we were the better team but only just, a draw at half time would have been a fairer result. Things not helped by Ainsworth's ambivalence and lack of work effort, Sutton only wining two headers all game (normally he's 50% or better) and while I can't fault his effort, Zane switches off when he loses the ball rather than getting back involved.

2nd half was a better spectacle and surprising we didn't come out with a bit more about us as has happened in almost every game under McCall. I'm not sure about Vigurs getting moved from pillar to post affected things, surely there's a lot to be said for Killie having to readjust to where his threat would come from?

Regardless, the game came to life in 80 odd minutes when we upped things into 1st gear as it could be argued up until then and in the previous couple of matches we were bimbling along in 2nd.

The tactic paid dividends against Partick Thistle, yesterday it didn't.

Upon reflection, in the two games prior I felt we were very fortunate to walk away with 6 points so yesterday was fair when looking back at March's performances.

Last three or four games we have been shocking in the second half . The fitness of the team must be in question we have stopped running in all these games. But 3rd place is great at this stage of the season as long as we win the really important games then that's fine. Yesterdays result didn't really do us any harm. We need to beat Caley to put them right out of the picture Aberdeen will slip up im sure

Last three or four games we have been shocking in the second half . The fitness of the team must be in question we have stopped running in all these games.

I've been questioning our fitness all season even when we are playing well I think our general team fitness is poor....

I read an interesting article/interview with Higdon, he said the biggest difference he found about life in Holland was the fitness aspect. He stated if Motherwell won on a Sat then they weren't back in till Tues where the did a half day, same Weds, Thurs etc. he stated win lose or draw in Holland they trained full days every day.

Too me we look sluggish and heavier than other teams although we clearly have a decent team football wise in think we could tighten up on the fitness side big style.

Last three or four games we have been shocking in the second half . The fitness of the team must be in question we have stopped running in all these games. But 3rd place is great at this stage of the season as long as we win the really important games then that's fine. Yesterdays result didn't really do us any harm. We need to beat Caley to put them right out of the picture Aberdeen will slip up im sure

If you have a small squad and less players play more games then obviously that has an effect, especially at this stage in the season.

We've also had 8 matches in the last 6 weeks to exacerbate that.

It's clear to me that fatigue has been a big problem in the last few weeks and yesterday was just another example of that.

There are up sides to having a small squad and consistent selection but now we are seeing a down side. Battering the players with extra training is just going to make things worse. Footballers are human beings not super men.

Most of our key players have more than 30 matches under their belt this season and most of them aren't in the flush of youth either. Some others are coming back or have been playing through injuries.

Nielsen (18) - Samson (33)

Reid (6) - Clohessy (25)

Hammell (31) - Tesselaar (31)

Hutchinson (33) - Slater (19)

McManus (34) - Ashcroft (18)

Vigurs (29) - Maksimenko (1)

Lasley (34) - Muirhead (15)

Ainsworth (23) - McKenzie (28)

Francis-Angol (30) - Eremenko (6)

Sutton (31) - Boyd (30)

Moore (13) - Irvine (23)

282 appearances - 229 appearances

So our players have played about 5 more matches on average each.